Yes that SP would be nice. To think that at today mkpr we are half of average gahoo mine in. Now been discounted imply an asset valuation for Gahoo of 160ish mil£ which is our current mkcp. This imply a valuation for our mine equal to gahoo. Is going to be long term but all numbers are improved and cash generating.
Large stones are sold at auctions some are for large stones some for mid/small, some for gem quality other for lower quality stones. On gemd Web site top right there are info on future auctions, I don't know when the last gem found will be sold, but unlikely it will be part of H1 numbers.
For dividend we need to await 5th Sept. Toady was just trading update not H1 results. We got offers for Gahoo. Mi è it looks like this time they want to get rid of it, i my opinion is likely we will sell it... Not sure the value but it is just a distraction.... And as been write of already so any walue will be good news. In fist half we mad almost as much revenue as all 2017. 2018 revenue should be around 300 mill $ record rev. Dividend should be a sure thing.. Now that we have no more debit. Another 4 x 100ct plus stone to end of 2018 will add straight to bottom line net profit each stone some 10% on share price, 200 by end of 2018. Bye
..yes but coudn't read the all the article needed to subscribe......but it make sense at this rate we are cash rich, and if we sell Gahoo even more. Gemd is used to pay out dividend so they should start again soon possibly some 2% yield ?!
Today another 380k share at 123 expecting a rns, looks a buy.
Scrap that Glasgow I found it......its on the 2017 report presentation. Funny place to put it but hey this is Gemd.
Anyway the comparison is not for 2018 q1 but only for January and February....even better and more impressive.
Hi I assume that you had a look at data of Q1 Trading update.....the presentation that reports also comparison between previous years and this quarter q1-18 about stones found in the smaller size (below 100+)
I cant find it anymore on Gemd web side. do you have it?
you are quite right. Market maker seems short of share and price will rise fast. Until lately I didn't realized that this year gemd found more large stone not only in the 100+ size but on all categories from 10ct +....I was focusing only on the 100ct plus stone and is only when I saw on gemd website latest Q1-18 presentation with more data available, that i released the large stone find this year increased on all sizes from 10ct upward, moreover these stones represent 75% of total revenue. In my opinion �2 SP should be easy achieved and passed. Awaiting more good news.
1st quarter result looks great not only because of the big stone found, but also because gemd achieved higher carats production and grade with less waste tone sripped and ore treated. This should result in less costs of production and higher revenue and profit. I am almost sure we are going to get a nice dividend very soon. almost one third of gemd market cp. is in cash without debit. huuuuuu
What cityboy refers to is possibly the generous compensation the BoD gets.
Have to say the previous BoD , the one that came up with the idea of Ghaghoo mine were stealing money considering the disastrous project......but the new guys seems to be focused on the right direction, and I think they can create value for shareholders. Incidentally and sadly though, on the contrary of what I posted earlier, I had to sell my holding. Main reason is that I was too much invested in Gemd (all in) and this situation was proving too risky given the current market developments. I am awaiting for a decent reentry point. I am aware its a gamble but recent turmoil in US market with Trump trying to talk down the indexes, made me take this decision.
With Gemd current PE been around 8 I had to weight the risk to hold gemd awaiting the find of more large stones, against the negative international developments....there is a market correction going on, this was not so evident a month ago, US market have touched new lows and the best strategy in this case for me is stay in cash.
Indeed lots of retail buy today and in the past few days, today 5/6 buy for more than 100000 shares, this is entering the radar of small investors. Mind you in the recent past also institutions bought in for millions of shares, most likely for the long term/dividend.
Hopefully we are going to leave 100p behind us, any retrace should be covered by investors averaging down and next large stone find finally, will be directly reflected in the share price. IMHO :-)
Amran can't blame you a profit is still a profit.
I did manage to trade this 82/94 and back in at 84 but it was more out of luck, spread is too large and sp movement unpredictable.
I am looking for 150/160 exit depending on how many more big stone we find etc...instead of trading will place a stop loss as soon as we are in clean water above 100.
After all we are trading at PE of 5.5 with another 9 months to find more large stones....trading is too risky and wouldn't like to miss the boat.
2017 is behind us and these bad result were expected, in my opinion the market has not priced in what changes the new CEO as brought to this company.
First of all....fantastic another 169 ct stone.
I was slightly disappointed with bottom line profit for 2017 was hoping for something in the range of $10mil, but hey we all know 2017 was a difficult year...
Looking at past results to note that in the first 6 month of 2017 we broke even no profit no loss, for then to make $5.5 millions in second half 2017 for a final net profit of 5.5
So at this rate we should make $11 millions in 2018 pluss as now we have found 848 carats more of large stones, compared to 2017. That is another 42.3 million $ less taxes and non controlling charges makes around $20 million.
At the moment we have a $31mil projected net profit at �/$1.3 exchange is about �24mil for a Price Earning of 5.5.
If we consider a pe of 5.5 for the rest of the 2018 (its low but..) I am calculating that any average large stone around ct 120 we make �2mil net profit which should add 9% to the share price.
I suppose for anyone willing to await 1 half result will definitely show the potential for this share by then we could be near double today sp.
Notice of result was on last Q4 Trading update, 2 febr. rns.
Looking forward to ear about news on $20mil one of cost saving they mentioned.
Wouldn't count on any dividend at this stage maybe next year.
Also awaiting news on potential auction price on 910ct stone we found..
I also have double holding averaging up. As i wrote previously we have already found 680 cattats of 100+ stone more than in 2017 and still 9 months to go....... by end of the year we could be double today sp.
I feel market asnt priced in anything yet because awaiting 15th results to see if all is in check.
with last news of improved grade and production, if we broke even in first half, i am expecting we made a decent profit in second half maybe a pe of 10/12 for the year? (lets see)