I have just been able t watch this. The most interesting thing I took away from it is what was said about the MOU. It is a pity that DR was not pressed for more details. But I note that the countries involved are not small so if the MOUs cannot be converted to agreements wihtin the next 18 months then this would set up PHE nicely.
tinlode - In relation to your 17.04 post it is not a question of red tape but statutoryn requirements. A company only has the powers given in the articles of association. Therefore, if there are no powers in the articles of association to permit a virtual meeting then the company cannot do it. PHE might want to consider bringing forward an amendment to the articles of association if needed to permit this in the future. It is not a matter for the government.
Conkersdeep In relation to your 09.53 post I agree it makes sense but any decision made would not be valid and in view of what is being discussed I would not want the legality of what is decided to be in any doubt.
After yesterday's announcement from the PM I am not holding out much hope of the EGM being possible before the end of April at the earliest. But the way this government are handling things that could change any day.
RE: Protos Planning Update - Looking Good IMHO19 Mar 2020 10:48
yellowf1 - In relation to your 18.29 post of yesterday you really should try and avoid showing your ignorance. It is the public health department of the local authority that will be dealing with the virus outbreak supported and supporting the local NHS organisations and social care. There is nothing that planning can do to help. The entire Council will not stop as there are legal requirements which need to be complied with
LedZep In relation to your 14.58 post I have always done my caluculations on the basis of a DMG unit operating for 350 days a year. I believe the company may be using the same basis. This would also give around 350,000 tonnes of hydrogen a year.
expatbrat - In relation to your 09.33 post I would most respectfully disagree. The impact of the Covid outbreak on any particular share stock cannot be determined at this stage. Also the environmental problem which it is seeking to address is one that needs to be addressed. As the UK gets closer to the time when it would need to take action to meet its 2050 goals more funding from HMG may be forthcoming. If planning permission is obtained in time the F4C funding may be sufficient to get things into production.
Dodger47 - In answer to your 07.17 post I suspect that the problem is with this Coronavirus panic it is going to be a question of finding a venue for the EGM. The company canot issue the shareholder circular and notice of EGM which is probably going to be done at the same time without knowing where the EGM is going to be. There is therefore a slight risk that it might slip into Q3 of this year.
Due to restrictions which have come into force today it looks like I will not be able to go to this event. More importantly only people with a parliamentary pass will be able to attend. This will mean that PHE will not be able to attend either.
I have had a meting whihc I was due to have tomorrow converted from a face to face to a conference call. Also there are plans for another batch of meetings to be done by video calls. Therefore if needs be a planning committee could be done by other means which do not require physical attendance so long as all the parties have a chance to put their points across.
The APPG on Hydrogen have a meeting planned for the 23 March 2020 from 4 - 5 in Committee Room 11 at the House of Lords. I am hoping to be able to go. If I do I will feedback what is said. If the Minister is there and I get a chance to ask a question I will raise the question of funding for gassification as current HMG policy seems to favour electrolysis.
Mea Culpa I had previously said that the next planning committee meeting is on the 1 April then after that the next one was not until June. On rechecking the calendar there is a planning committee meeting on the 29 April. It is possible for the application to go that meeting depends on how quickly the planning officer can write his report. The report will be available seven days before the committee hearing. So if it does go to the 29 April committee then the report will be available from the 22 April.