No I won't ask myself anything. Slift can do what the h*ll he/she/non-binary likes. Last year Slift sold and I held as I didn't agree and was prepared to take the risk. Same thing will happen if Slift sells at 56p and starts talking smack, I'll continue holding and responding with my rampy opinion.
We all have our different opinions and agenda's, but why bash someone who is promoting the share price even if you don't like them. Yes, wasn't too impressed with some of Slift's deramping last year when they did a 360 in opinion, but did get some useful information from their posts in the early part of the year when I first invested in Tullow. Let's just be civil with holders who want the price to rise and if they sell and start talking smack, well then it's fair game.
@PGee ... I meant the company going from strength to strength and not the share price. I agree the share price is weak, fragile and manipulated. As you say should be at least 80p by now. I still think we're head up soon and by a lot, as they can only manipulate it for so long and can't manipulate the oil price. Also, they have no control over what happens in Kenya. So going to be an interesting and hopefully very profitable next 6 months.
Other thing they have in common is they all got it spectacularly wrong. The share price rose and rose from that date, despite all their fear mongering and doom prophecies, and Tullow went from strength to strength.
Shorters a bit quite on here today......20 Jul 2021 08:51
Hmmmm.... How's that working out for you this morning. Amazes me they didn't take the opportunity over the past week to reduce. Seems they never learn..... we could get to 1p and they'd hold for 0p.....morally corrupt (add your expletives here)
Last year we saw the same thing in late July/August/September. I went from a decent profit to a loss then and then up to an extremely good profit at the start of this year.
If we could tell the future we'd all buy at the low and sell at the high. The markets in general are tanking, so this drop is not Tullow specific and the share price will recover. Maybe today is the day to sell your home and put all your money into Tullow or maybe it's Friday next week....who knows, but one thing is for certain.....since this drop started oil has been over $70 every single day.
You can keep posting your drivel on here, however you need to realise one thing. It is having the opposite effect, as you're just annoying people and we'll make a point of never investing in Enquest. Also, if you keep this up you may find others starting to ramp Tullow on the Enquest board.
@JMAX...Yes...got that one wrong... I think it would of flown if the markets in general had been positive. Unfortunately a lot of shares are getting hammered at the moment. Anyway, I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that you don't base any of your investment decisions on what I think..... :-)
If we were going to get to 45p it would of happened today. I think he AimedTooLow. Shorts are exiting the building and reducing.... if they thought it was going to drop they'd be increasing. 65p by September when half year results are published is my guess....maybe sooner....we've all seen how fast this goes up when the panic sale ends....
Just heard it from a friend who works in the Kenyan government. Tullow will be announcing their plans next week and will be adding a draw of circa 40K bopd from Q2 next year.
Never seen so much fear mongering on this site by the shorters or those wanting to buy in lower, as has been posted this week. Even worse than the Daily Mail covid reporting. Obviously, I don't have any knowledge of anything, however with a bit of luck I caused at least one shorter to have a brief moment of panic. Enjoy your weekend all .... onwards and upwards.... nothing has changed except the share price .... we'll be over 65p again soon.
Funny....the "wise" man is full of words despite his exit from Tullow at 16p last year.... ridiculous how people who made totally the wrong choice of abandoning Tullow last year now feel the need to rejoice in a 10% drop. Even more funny is if they bought back in on this drop it's still nearly 300% down on what they sold for.....
Just look at the Tullow share price graph from the 21st July 2020 to 15th of March 2021. It was walked down from 30p to 14p and then rose back up to 60p. A similar pattern is happening in the markets at the moment to what we saw last year .i.e. big rises luring investors in and then profit taking. I'm pretty sure by the end of the year this drop will just be a bad memory..... unless you've bought shares with your rent money hoping to sell them by the end of the month of course.
At this stage I honestly think our share price has nothing do whatsoever with the price of oil. If oil went to $100 we'd still go down 5%. I think with the volumes being traded and lack of interest from big investors they have found a method to manipulate the share price. Unfortunately, there's a good chance this may carry on for some time and may only stop after we see a good set of end of year results. It does look they'll struggle to get it to stay below 50p though, as at that point it becomes such a bargain that the buying kicks in again. I'm just going to keep holding and ride it out, as I did last year.
Apologies all. Think I put the whammy on this share when I topped up at 56p last week. I've religiously held and not topped up since the first half of last year, as normally everytime I buy shares the price tanks :-(
That said....we saw this in late July last year when the markets dipped and Tullow dropped from over 30p to 14p by October. It then went on an upward run all the way to 60p over the next few months. Really don't think we'll drop 50% again, but will just have to weather this storm till we're back up again. Possibly once all the oilers publish their half year results later this year.