On my visit the signal was 2g and patchy at that but its all about to change as they dragged a new fibre cable onto the beach at St Marys. Potentially another 2200 customers although I suspect less as Vod was the best signal so probably has a few already.
I took two phones, the other on ee network just to get a decent signal for chatting but gave up using the slow tinternet. Hopefully my next visit will be superfast
Some healthy rises in the share price at last. Is it to do with the latest figure just out, or the dividend Wednesday week? I think that mobile communications is a high technology business, and Vodafone are obviously determined to do more than keep up. I like to see them moving forward with project spring etc. It will be disastrous to sit back and watch.
odafone has posted a 4.2pc decline in group service revenue amid tough trading conditions in Spain and South Africa. Vittorio Colao, chief executive, said the drop was "in line with our expectations" but that the company's performance was "beginning to stabilise" thanks to its heavy investment in expanding 4G coverage across Europe.
Interim management statement for the quarter ended 30 June 2014
25 July 2014
· Group service revenue declined 4.2%*; Europe -7.9%*, AMAP 4.7%*
· Evidence of commercial improvement in Germany (-4.9%*), Italy (-16.1%*) and UK (-3.2%*); Spain (-15.3%*) weaker on renewed competition
· India (10.3%*) and Turkey (3.7%*) continue to show strong momentum; Vodacom was flat* impacted by an MTR cut in South Africa
· Strong progress on Project Spring: 4G footprint across European markets up to 52%; 6.7 million 4G customers; Group data traffic up 73% year-on-year
· Unified communications strategy advanced further: KDG integration commenced; completion of Ono; fibre alliances in Ireland and Portugal announced
· Free cash outflow on a guidance basis of £0.6 billion reflecting Project Spring investment; net debt £14.1 billion (£11.0 billion including Verizon loan notes), before Ono consideration of £5.7 billion
working hard in the background re M2M technology.Recently signed up with cyan(aim mkt,I have a few million) who are concentrating on Indian smart meter market. and other developers in smart technology. Machine to machine is the future and voda have a good start imo..I think they are moving in the right direction.The recovery worldwide continues slowly.GL all..
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.