There must be a reason why Blanca hasn’t been referred to in the latest presentation. The concession was transferred into Ensa ownership after Cornerstone contested the boundaries so why not update progression in the presentation unless there’s been a confidentiality agreement agreed with a prospective buyer? Hmmm....very strange.
Was thinking the same after today’s price action. Goes to show that SolGold is a leaky ship as plenty of people appeared to know there was going to be news today, just not the news everyone is waiting for!
If drilling has stopped at Alpala since September surely they had enough data already for the MRE3 and the PFS so why have they not been released? If they didn’t have enough data then looks like all timescales are going to be pushed back by many many months. Not being bearish just stating the obvious or is this all part of the death by a thousand cuts aimed at Cornerstone?
....if there’s any truth in the rumour posted yesterday that there will be an announcement from BHP tonight I would expect strong buying into the close and not an afternoon Friday sell off. Let’s see.
If (and it’s a big IF) BHP were going to make an offer for Alpala/Ensa would all share holders on here be happy with say £1B for Ensa? 15% goes to Cornerstone the remaining 85% to SolGold. 10p special divi paid to shareholders leaving around £650,000,000 in the kitty for future exploration (or are my calculations way out!?)
Wow, conversation has shifted considerably from SolGold (latest news sucks despite any amount of positive spin put on it until we get definitive news of financing) but consider this as we sit in our centrally heated or air conditioned luxury with water on tap etc.....
Using the World Bank definition of $1.90/day, ($1.90/day!!!!) as of 2016, roughly 734 million people remained in extreme poverty (or roughly 1 in 10 people worldwide). Nearly half of them live in India and China, with more than 85% living in just 20 countries!
We sit at home hoping our investments allow us to buy houses/cars/yachts and a more comfortable lifestyle but take a minute to think about the millions of people worldwide who need to walk 10 miles plus on a daily basis just to get fresh water!!
The human race is raping our planet and for those that think we aren’t is sick/blinkered and selfish!
RE: Are you prepared to wait until production?30 Jan 2020 18:55
I know Dreamboat, it’s very frustrating. Just ranting and letting off steam. I’ve put my faith and hard earned into this company for many years convinced some day it will all be worthwhile. The strategy shift last year and into 2020 has thrown me quite a bit making me question my investment.
RE: Are you prepared to wait until production?30 Jan 2020 18:48
Dreamboat, of course there’ll be SP movement in the next 5 years but until the company is actually producing and making money I’m struggling to see how it’s going to move up considerably higher (unless there’s a takeover). It’s taken 7 years more or less to get to where we are now just to prove up Alpala with ups and downs along the way but no higher than 47p. We need to know how they’re going to finance a $4b mine! $4b!! Meanwhile we’ve got $27m in the bank. NM must have something up his sleeve but if he doesn’t and he’s bluffing we’re screwed!!
Are you prepared to wait until production?30 Jan 2020 18:36
If SolGold do decide to go it alone to production I think long term holders are now starting to question whether they want to hold for another 5 years minimum. If they do manage to get the financing this is going to be a very very long hard slog! What worries me a little is the board have a nasty habit of delaying news if it’s bad. It’s being insinuated that the MRE3 is mainly to shift inferred into indicated so I don’t think anyone should be hoping for a stonking upgrade to the resource estimate. The market could potentially mark us down on its release, who knows. Maybe NM knows this will be the case so delaying it until it can be released alongside something more positive (funding, PFS, Blanca upgrade?). The Cornerstone “offer” is a complete embarrassment. Warren Irwin was adamant NM would be ousted 2019 or 2020 at the latest. Given the discontent filtering through here with LTH’s he might have a point if this news blackout continues! Still holding but not being religious my patience is waning!!
Agree with all of that Earthling. Biggest difference I saw in the latest presentation was a bit more meat to the bones with technical info that is obviously going to be even more thorough within the PFS.
Don’t think the MRE3 is going to shift the SP much neither will the PFS. Even the end of year study won’t affect the SP. Funding, take over or a super duper new discovery (take your pick from the multiple concessions we hold!) will get the excitement back and with any luck this year we’ll have at least 2 of the above and if it’s the other one as long as it’s above £1 a share I’ll be happy!
Lack of news doing my head in like many shareholders! Only consolation is most holders lacking anymore patience will have sold up I’d imagine, understandably. Latest presentation around 65% in (relatively) safe hands. Add in private investors probably around 70% leaving 30% available. That’s still almost 600m which is still a lot of shares. Lower lows and slightly higher highs since mid November so hopefully “good” news will propel us to a higher range. $27m not going to last long so looking more than likely the MRE3 will be released around the same time as the PFS then back out with the begging bowl unless NM plays his trump card about secured financing to play at the same time!?
RE: Who Said This ??? No Googling!10 Jan 2020 00:28
SolGold intends to offer for Cornerstone is very different from making an offer. Game of poker and the “intention” to offer was a bluff as far as I can make out to test the waters. Will be interesting to see what the actual offer is! Agree or disagree fhebc21?
Hopefully not Pad. I’d prefer they released news on Monday 6th January, start the new year with a bang, regardless of what that does to the sp as long as there’s been progress and MRE3 shows a considerable increase in tonnage etc our time will come eventually and true value will show through. Don’t see the point in releasing news tomorrow or even on the 2nd when so many people will still be on holiday mode.