What rock did this creature Cloudstrife crawl out from. Just read some of those comments. He clearly doesn’t understand the meaning of being a share holder and the concept of M&A. It’s the only thing I hate about share becoming more popular, the bottom feeders start appearing.
James, by double the current share price, that’s our ‘current’ position. There’s many things in the pipeline that may make your 30p a bargain: Profits realised for Vanchem on our balance sheet, Mokopane going into production, payment of debts, a maiden dividend and also the potential of BE.
It’s like I said, purely just a waiting game. It may be a few years yet, but as I’ve just found out with EUA, sitting tight and having patience gives you the rewards later down the line.
lol it’s not surprising so many people lose money on the stock market. Some people just want to be told how much they will make if they buy in now. Do your own research and make an informed decision. By all means, listen to people’s tips on new shares but never invest based upon what someone else has told you on a bb!
It’s just purely a waiting game here. The share price will inevitably rise but it may take another 12-24 months. We’re in a profitable position with a decent set of assets. The only thing that’s needed is a dividend to show some shareholder value, that’s when we’ll start seeing a rise because shareholders will be getting something in return for their investment.
Realistically, considering the value of our assets, we should be somewhere in the region of double what the current share price is. Give it another year or two and we’ll start heading that way. Just think of the current share price as an opportunity to double your money, if you’re willing to wait a while.
Now we’ve come back trading again, news will drop suddenly of an offer, more than likely first thing in the morning. It could be days or it could be months, but some people will be kicking themselves for the rest of their days if they trade these and news drops because the share price will be jumping straight up to somewhere near the offer price. You’d have to be a brave man to be selling now (unless it’s just some small profit taking / top slicing).
Hit the nail on the head, 4 projects all in production within 5 years time. This was the first time I’d heard him mention dilution though. Made me a bit wary because he said the bank will provide approx 70% funding, the rest would have to be raised through equity. Where are KIBO going to get 30% from?
I’ve just listened to that interview. It was all the same blurb that LC has been spouting for years. The only thing of note was him saying ‘there’s going to be dilution for sure’. He genuinely seemed happy to do it too.
You can really see a difference to how a company is run when the BoD have paid large chunks of their own money into it compared to just gifting shares to themselves. BMV another company I’m in are trying to sort funding now for their project. They’re doing all they can to recieve non-dilutive funding and have already confirmed once in place they have no plans to dilute again in the future. KIBO on the other hand just dilutes again and again but never appears to be getting anywhere with any of its portfolio! Bordersley is the kick in balls for me. It was about 5 weeks before commissioning was supposedly due. Now, we‘re in a position where it could be commissioned but for some reason this is now half a year away...?
They played a blinder by staying suspended throughout the Covid disaster too. Rather than plummeting like everyone else, some of which haven’t yet recovered. Instead we’ve entered the market at double the previous closing price. Whether or not it was luck or they planned to stay suspended until the markets went back to normal, who knows, but it’s done well for us holders!
Yes the mcap refers to the total market value of a company’s outstanding shares.
The first thing I look at is the mcap of a company. The current share price is irrelevant. EUA for example is slightly over the £300m mark. If you think it’s going to sell for more than, it may be worth buying into.
Don’t get me wrong, it is a little more complex than that, but that is investing in its simplest form.
Before you jump-in though, keep an eye on the buying and selling going on. There’s a massive amount of selling going on today, so there’s a chance that it may go down slightly, so a lower entry price. Obviously DYOR.
Off topic - months ago I predicted we’d finish the first day of trading around 9.6p if I recall. Would be interesting to see how close it is to that.
To be fair to the BoD on the two mines. The anticipated having the Permits much earlier than expected and they couldn’t apply for any funding without the permits in place. As you say, the amount is very low. Even if we had to do a raise for the full $5m, even though not ideal, it wouldn’t be the end of the world and we’d still have a lower number of shares than most other producing miners. I doubt they would do that option but that would probably be worst case scenario. My only concern with BMV is that it seems too good to be true. I don’t want the bubble to pop suddenly and something drastic to happen.
I got lucky with SXX, I bought in somewhere around 25p and sold out around 33p. I only sold out because they didn’t have any cash at the time so was expecting a raise. They had great potential, it was just the lack of cash that eventually crippled them. I’m wary about VAST at the minute. They’re going into production this month after many years, I’m just dreading the day they announce a consolidation after many years of placings.
EML do look good and I’ve had them on my watch list for about 12 months now. May have a dabble if EUA jumps to 30p. One I’m keen on is BMV, they’re on the cusp of finance by the end of this month. If it goes through, they’ve already confirmed they won’t be looking at doing any further placings in the future.
The broker note Bristol has posted is the most realistic valuation I’ve seen as was posted on EUA’s website until it got removed. We may get lucky, but a conservative view would be anywhere between 30-60p. Anything higher is a bonus.
I’m slightly biased as I’ve been in AAU for a fair few years now, but having seen the share price grow from 1p to where it is now, my personal view is that it’s a great company. They’ve always produced more than planned/expected, still have their best resources yet to go into production and are branching out to reduce risk.
As I say, i am biased but genuinely haven’t got a bad word to say about them. The only thing you could say is that the share price hasn’t performed anywhere near as well as the positive news that is frequently produced. However, thats not the BOD’s fault. Plus, the share price has been a slow and steady rise, so at least its heading in the right direction over the long term.
That’s the key, never invest more than you can afford! It is only money in the end of day. I’ve learnt the hard way, a few years back around 2015/16 I had 5 US oil companies go bump on me within 6 months. Each out of the blue applied for bankruptcy protection out of the blue. I lost money on all of them. I lost a bit again recently with 88E too, which is why I say you should always spread the risk. I usually aim for a minimum of 10 different companies at any given time, rather than having my entire holdings in just 2 or 3.
Nearly everyone I’ve spoken with has had bad experiences investing. However, there’s one thing I’ve learnt and that’s you can’t win then all. You’re always going to make some bad choices, the key is learning from.
The two things I’ve learnt are that you should always spread your risk. No matter how good one share seems, don’t plow all your money into it, always split it between a couple, just incase the worst happens. Second is, if you truly believe in a company hold on tight and for as long as it takes.
I’ve been in here for a fair few years now, since 0.45p. After we got the amazing news of the MT licence, this went over a penny. No one thought it would drop below a penny again, it did within less than a week. It slowly went down to around 0.5p again, making me second guess myself and the market wasn’t ever going to see the potential. Now, I’m finally reaping the benefits of good research and sitting tight. I top sliced at 1p, then again at 3.5p and have just done my final one at 13p (I always intended 9.5p, but we missed it completely). Now it’s a case of riding this out and keeping faith in the BoD.
Moral of the story; if you truly believe in a company and the BoD are doing the right things, it’s purely just a waiting game but those years of waiting will all have been worth it if it comes good in the end.
You’ll hear lots of people spouting huge numbers like £2 per share in a sale or some that may say we’ll only get 2p per share. Don’t listen to any of this! Make your own opinion as to what the company would be worth in a sale. If the value of that is higher than the current market cap, then I’d buy-in, if you think the market cap is very high then it wouldn’t be worth you buying-in.
Just ignore people that may say yes buy in or no don’t.
Yeh I can see this place being flooded (provided we get good news). We’ll be veterans taking them under our wing haha. As I’ve said, I usually sell-up once production starts and there’s a been a big jump in share price. This one however, I have a feeling is going to be different and I’ll be holding on long term. I’m not anticipating huge rises. Maybe a push for 10p on financing, possibly slightly higher on production. I might be wrong but I have a feeling we won’t see huge rises, but we slow steady ones for the next few years, which I’m more than happy to ride out. Either way, I’ve got another too-up ready for the second financing is confirmed!
I’m wondering if once production starts whether or not we’ll enter into a few other JV’s with southern gold. I remember Colin Patterson saying in an interview early last year that there was a couple they were interested in and looking into.
I said a couple of days ago that with my share balance jumping from £0.00 to the current price that I had a feeling we’d start trading again this week.
Is going to be an interesting couple of months. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a big sell-out this morning though, any shorts will be making a run for it and there may be a few in need of cash that will want to access some funds too.
I for one definitely won’t be selling any until an offer is put forward.