Yep I was surprised about how little comments have been made, maybe were all too busy enjoying spending the divi! Where is last call when you need him, he kept the place busy.
Abandoning ship is not always the best course, even a semi submerged boat can provide shelter and is much easier to find than an individual in the water. Look up Harrison Okene, some amazing stories
The divi yield is based on your purchased price not what the share prices falls too. Unless you buy more and average down then you wont get any benefit from the falling share price. I wouldn't describe the divi as pitiful unless you are comparing it to its previous state
You need to look at what you think will have the best future going forward and any diversity of PF issues. Then again why these two and not something else
I might agree if your looking at a weeks time frame but suspect that many will be looking much longer. Yep LLOY has fallen sharper than the drop from Vod recent peek.
I added some LLOY myself and wondering if I might add a touch more as its dropped below 50p although several shares have now become more interesting due to recent markets. Might be easier just to add a unit trust and capture a basket instead of several individual shares. Might wait and see how things pan out and when I have more free time
Dan, well I never, you buying at lower prices! getting a better average and a decent yield on that chunk is almost like your following my strategy but I can forgive you that. Glad the mortgage is cleared and a bit of debt leveraged might work out well. In fact it might be silly not to get very low level debt as inflation will get rid of it. I suspect you meant £1.22 and no I didnt. I normally post all my buys on the day that I do them, like Lloyds today.
I have been quite reticent with my buying this year. The plan was to buy nowt until Brexit done and dusted, saving the pot for any crazy dips like the vote achieved. Second wanted to wait until the summer hoping things would get cheaper and the best rises happen generally in the latter months. So only bought a bank, a REIT and a renewable energy stock this year and re-bought into HNT having previously sold. (I know unusual for me).
I did consider topping up CNA too (see Im following jackd) but it can be easy to spend then have nowt left when the bargains really arrive. Will probably rue missing out on both when they were on the table and then end up with a pile of useless cash
Hi jackdawsson, Great Minds and all that but I added LLOYs this morning too. As I mentioned to Dan, it was already on my watchlist having dropped down in price. The 4% fall today just pushed me as the PPI issue will be over soon, other wise update seemed ok .
So hopefully I will still keep up with some of your postings but find the LLoy bb quite busy so often miss big chunks of conversation. Its a tad hard to separate the wheat from the chaff over there. Often just post any dealings, like you for transparency rather than getting into the chat unlike here.
Back to Vodafone, looks like you might have timed it quite well with the swap, do you keep records of how swaps go? Vod was up this morning and now down where as LLoys is coming back up. Still you should collect the divi soon and mine will be going in the pot waiting for Brexit to hopefully bring a scare story or too on a few selected shares that might be worth a long punt.
On good news, Vod debt should get a tad lower post NZ sale
I had been waiting in hope that any Brexit would be sorted before adding more of these due to it being closely linked to UK PLC. Whilst the recent share price brought it back into my watch list I thought the drop this morning was a bit over done and took the offer on the table just in case it disappears.
Bonus is its not too far to ex divi and I like the sound of qtr divis next year. PPI should be finished even if there is a last minute glut and to cap it off I might even end the day in profit. Normally buy too early so will have to wait and see.
Dan, no not shorting just griping about complainers, winging.
So your buying more today, good luck with that. I thought you were keeping cash for paying off that mortgage unless thats finished now. Im hanging on for some sort of Brexit solution and note thst the lower pound is pushing up some share prices and uk£ divis.
Will we get a drop similar to when Brexit was voted in, Reits and banks might suffer so be worth a top up. Lloy is in my top up price but im minded to wait in hope for even better buy price. Waiting didnt work here atm but as others have highlighted there might be more chances later. Any particular reason to buy today without knowing the price.
"so might be a chance to get more on the cheap, or compared to today.""I wonder if I should be following them and skip the offer, much preferred buying around 90 pence"********************************************************************************************************So it looks like my reasoning is coming home to roost. Hindsight is a great thing, depressing sometimes but I made a choice for the longer term not these few days. Add more at 90p then!
Rebasing a rebased dividend, car crash metrics and the captain leaving the sinking ship!
Now the board need to find a flash arry to pay twice as much and say overly positive things for a while and then kitchen sink everything whilst getting a bonus for the outstanding improvement on loosing less than his predecessor.
How to make a small fortune in CNA shares ....... Step 1 start with a large fortune.......
Jatw, as much as I would like to see the divi being raised I very much doubt it will happen especially in Q4. Why would they rise it in Q4? If a raise was coming why not start it from the next whole period with a divi policy change?
Divi cover anit that great so I cant see it being raised just yet! Wishful thinking on your part I suspect
Well so much for my day trading forecasting not down but up again and going on for over 6%, bloody Boris!
Well Im not sure calling names is my definition of bulling, maybe if your a "snowflake". Still it would be much better in here if the moaning about moaning stopped and we got on with our opinions on whats happening with Vod. Im not too sure if the mast thing is the best thing since slice bread. Reminds me of Tesco selling its stores and leasing them back only to realise that it had been foolhardy and is now trying to get them back.
Still some big sums being talked about and cutting debt now seems to be more of a priority. I think velo mixed some £B with £M on his post but you get his gist. I suppose it could end up cost neutral if they do the deal right with paying to used the masts being offset by income from the TowerCo holding.
In fact the towers might end up being better value than Vod the way things are shaping! Must start smoking so I can have some spare fag packets to work out some big numbers on. Mr Read seems convinced he achieve these sorts of numbers but often things look much different when you actually put your hand in your pocket.
How would Vod look if they couldnt manage a tower deal?
Actually Im surprised that tower sharing has not been more popular before to save costs, the planet and general common sense but what do I know. As for my day trading, I bet there will be a down day ................ before the end of the year or Boris will be up for it!
Well I never, a 10% daily rise!
I didnt read that in the update and wonder if its more of a relief rally that things are not getting much worse. OK selling some towers and Mr Reads more jam tomorrow is adding a more positive sentiment although he was spouting positivity when it was falling. Id say its due a fall tomorrow but the market is closed, so maybe Monday.
I blame Boris!
Full allocation now showing in my account as expected. SP not lifting to the previous heady heights and this tranche might even be underwater from the off. Still its the long game and the divi, which will have a nice bump and a bit in October.
My average SP has risen though and I suppose we need to await news on some buying of those pipeline opportunities.
Will they wait for 31 Oct????
I also note more "sharing" type deals being announced so less costs going forward and with the "deal" going through then this should be the end of the worst and the start of the improvement. It will take time of course and I suppose there will be an expectation of rate in drop of debt.
I cant see that being headlined just yet until they have had time to see how well the implementation is actually going. Oh and Brexit "Do or Die"
Still if the pound drops, that bumps up the euro divi. All eyes on tomorrow then, but like Brexit I doubt we will see big change either way.