TIP: Prefer desktop view on phone? Use the view switcher at the bottom of the mobile view
If Brighton is a city which can support 600 restaurants/eateries, there is obviously a great deal of disposable income around. the story in Manchester Birmingham, Liverpool and Newcastle may well be entirely different in as much as there may not be the same levels of disposable income, especially during the week and the offer may well be more attractive to both diners and restaurants. After all, why would you discount meals if you are busy enough to warrant not bothering? It would be a neat strategy to start some activity in a Northern city where the offer would be perhaps more appreciated and compare results
There are lots of moving parts in this proposition, the platform has to be solid and capable of handling lots of restaurants and lots of punters. Then there are the problems of restaurant acquisition and of punter acquisition, these two elements are interrelated, restaurants will want to know how many potential customers there are in the area and customers will want an initial range of local restaurants.
I am not surprised that there has been some attrition of the early adopter restaurants, they may not have seen a massive influx of people if locals are not using the app and the idea is not fully embedded . Over time and with appropriate sales and marketing these initial problems will reduce. I am a new investor but I think the volatility is healthy as short term profiteers are replaced by long term holders. I'm guessing 2-3 years before DISH really shows its full value and happy to hold.
Morning chaps, I am new into this but have been lurking for a while. I am not too worried about the rate of sign-ups, I have some experience of the difficulties of putting tech into places that are new to the idea and it would be fatal to sign up hundreds of clients without testing the systems on much smaller numbers first. For many eateries this is a no-brainer to fill their tables at off-peak and their success will quickly influence others to get on board. My lad and his mates often go for a burger or indian prior to a night out and they will be all over this when it gets to Manchester. I can understand the roll out being southern based from the technical point of view, once the platform is deemed solid, the roll out will be much faster and pubs and restaurants will be signing up without needing a salesperson. Rome wasnt built in a day. Wait until people with the app start mentioning the idea to their local pubs and eateries!
Maybe we will get news of "first person in" in the next few days if recruitment has started, I wouldn't mind betting some of the hospitals involved have been keeping their eyes open for suitable candidates for a few weeks already.
Both companies agreed to collaborate so there must have been something that Biontech saw in what Scancell was doing that they thought would be of benefit to them. Scancell would hardly have said "fine, take our IP and do what you like with it" so there must be a potential benefit for Scancell. The collaboration has been going on long enough for Biontech to have either seen something of interest or not. If not they would have packed it in by now. So the length of the study leads us to think there is a benefit in the work that they are prepared to continue with. Meanwhile Scancell continues its own developments, with upcoming trials, and if they pan out as hoped, the value of the IP increases and the cost of a deal to Biontech will be greater , or, if they wait too long, the price might outweigh the benefit to their plans because Scancell value their IP at a much higher level. We don't "need"a deal right now , at some point the Biontech "need" might be greater than ours.
I reduced my holding here when I read this, I think it might be a major problem for Lithium going forwards
"Zap&Go was founded to develop a new class of energy storage device with considerable functional improvements over commercially available supercapacitors or ‘ultracapacitors’. This technology is referred to as the Carbon-Ion or C-Ion cell in contrast to Lithium-ion or Li-ion.
The C-Ion cell will provide specific power characteristics orders of magnitude higher than a Li-ion cell. It is designed to be classified as non-flammable and non-hazardous for transport, allowing the product to be shipped easily and to comply with both current and future regulations."
I am, like most others, deeply in the brown stuff with this share. I am hugely disappointed by the lack of leadership from a board that seems to have either been smugly overconfident or deliberately determined to wreak the value here. What has been a feature of this share for over two years now is the very high level of auto trades compared to any of the others I own and wondered if anyone had any idea why this might be the case? In future I will steer clear of companies that put all their eggs in the US basket, I simply no longer believe that the FDA is impartial , certainly it is obscure in its communications and seems to be averse to challenge. A wholly unhappy affair that does nothing for poorly patients who might have benefitted from this drug or those who will need a drug which has fewer resistance problems in the future.
I invested here because they were talking about a "resource bank" and at one time there were over 40 "finds" with the potential to be sold. Its time Vincent and the board to start selling some assets and stop spending money on some of them. If the resource bank idea is dead, we should have been told . This has become just another exploration company spending money finding more bits of existing finds . Get something sold and lets stop lurching from raise to raise. The last 2 years have been horrid , no deals ...not a resource bank more a resource black hole.
There are around 363,000 new cancer cases in the UK every year and 164,000 cancer deaths, that's around 450 deaths every day or 1 every 4 minutes. Lung, bowel, breast and prostate cancers together accounted for almost half of all cancer deaths in the UK in 2016 according to Cancer Research.
If Scancell could treat a quarter of those 320000,000, say 80,000 at £20,000 each ( I have no idea what cost of manufacture etc might be so this is a finger in the air), that would be £1600m of turnover. The NHS spends £15-16Bn a year on cancer care so even if the price were £40,000 per treatment it would only be around 20% of the cancer budget. If 20% of £3,2Bn (£40k x 80k patients treated) were net profit (Cancer drug prices are rising rapidly, and profit margins for pharmaceutical companies reach upwards of 80% for some medications according to a Swiss public television RTS investigation.( See link below ), that would be £640m or about £1.40p a share. Then apply a P/e of 5 and you are at £7.00 a share. And that's just in the UK
.....Undervalued? I should say so!
I had a quick rummage through my portfolio this PM and found a few quid to buy some more here try and offset the dilution. Not sure my wife is impressed, but have to say the atmosphere here seems to be improving! I guess we might slide back a bit up to the next news but I'm so pleased to be out of the 5s... onwards and upwards!
Crumbs, I think you are right about the UK trials. It seems to me the FDA is less than impartial where non-US companies are concerned. If a deal can be done with BioNtec to give us the cash needed, is there any reason not to take the Scib and Modi products all the way through P3 in the UK and start providing to the NHS? It may not actually take any longer than US trials and FDA considerations and would increase their values exponentially whilst providing a more than tidy income from deals across Europe and Asia. Clearly, it all hangs on the single question will it work in humans as we think it will? I think I now much prefer that we negotiate from real strength i.e. a proven product, than to do deals on half-tested products and end up with a thin slice of our own cake. We have been patient so far, a couple of years longer with a rising SP hardly seems like a hardship. we are too quick to assume our fortune lies in the USA with a big US Pharma when so many other markets seem easier to enter. and may well get us to where we all want to be just as fast. We know how to manufacture these products and if they work half as well as we think they might, there will be queues around the block from companies and countries wanting to use them
It seems to me we are now in salvage territory. There are not many companies in the US or Europe that will now touch this with a bargepole so the challenge is to take the IP somewhere that might.... China comes to mind. They are trying to develop new antibiotics, they have a burgeoning pharma presence and might not be as worried about some of the more esoteric aspects of the FDAs comments . Maybe one of their pharmas would be interested in putting in say $50m for use of the IP across asia and carry out the trials the FDA need in china, see what results they get and if needed try to make changes to the product . then we could use the money to carry forward European and US trials. We might end up with a bun rather than a cake but most of the other alternatives just seem to screw over the investors.
I think one of the problems of attracting new investors to SCLP has been the complexity of what they are doing and a clear roadmap. If a new website can explain the science here in relatively simple terms, I think it would be a most welcome step. Maybe this is the start of a more business oriented position as the science starts to make its way into trials and discussions become more focused on monetising all the hard work that has gone before.
On the other hand its probably just a new website or a transfer to a new host.
No buys in 24 hours is hardly a panic but it does seem like the MMs are trying to stimulate some buiness . 400,000 shares sold without a buy according to LSE. Seems like everyone has got as many as they want at the moment. Fingers crossed good news is just around the corner.
If the FDA wont approve a British cure for multiple cancers, then we should just open a private hospital next to Heathrow or Manchester and fly in thousands of Americans each month for treatment.. at a premium of course. But I have no doubt there would be huge queues. £ 100,000 per patient would be peanuts for US insurance companies.
Given where our SP is at right now, and that BioNTech is possibly looking at an $800m IPO at the end of 2020 which could value them at $4+Bn . Would we be interested in a cash deal with them to keep the lights on for now followed by a shares-plus-cash or even an all-shares buyout in due course post IPO? I am not sure about the mechanics but I would have thought some sort of deal involving BioNTech shares should be possible once a public offer goes ahead.
And here too ... apols if this has already been posted