From today's malcys blog, Malcolm Graham-Wood quite specific on drilling date 😀
March 1st will see the renewal of drilling in the Falklands so one should watch both Rockhopper and FOGL, wells are to be drilled in both the North Basin and the South, should there be success for Premier and RKH then Sea Lion of course gets more attractive, even at these prices.
Hi folks, it is indeed on the move. Its destination is Bunker Point. Currently travelling at 5.6 knts. Currently between Yzerfontein and Melkbosstrand if you looked at the Sth Af coast line. Getting exciting now. H
Gordon57 quote: interested in hearing how strongly you feel that I should keep these shares rather than cut my losses?
I don't have share in RKH my interest is in FOGL - I just come along to this board to watch whats being said as the two are connected because of sealion as the first two wells are going to be in the block PL004b Zebedee and Isobel Deep. The first well Zebedee has a 50% chance of success, usual drilling explorations are around 20%, meaning that more than likely the will strike oil...
My advice for you would be to hang on until that well is drilled or at least wait until the drilling starts as the share price will increase, but the choice is yours.
your over-all avg is lower than mine ,my core holdings are at £1.20, I have a tranche at 57p and 74p and might have another tranche (wasn't going too but just made profit off silver and gold miners so while I wait for drop back there ) if it hits 50p .I've not actually add any more cash in rkh in the 3yrs so it wouldn't hurt help bring avg down . will look to sell the bottom tranches (hopefully 50p and the 57p ) during the drill spike to get the cash back but keep profit shares to add to core holdings , i'm happy to build my core holdings and invest the free shares thru trading for now , should see near your 90p on first drill , it's if fogl/noble hit down south that will really change the Falkland oilers sp and the market might then give us a price for our oil reserves which the market values at 0 now .
No problem thanks for your input - I was averaging down for much of last eighteen months before losing my nerve at 60p so current average across the lot is 90.3p so I "just" need a 72% lift to breakeven !!! sounds a lot in % terms but it was last at that level on 9th September so not long ago in calendar terms
Sorry I typed the message in a hurry and " we have " etc should of been I instead. Unfortunately, I do not have a direct link to RKH itself but do remain positive. Furthermore, the news of the rig arrival and the of course the drilling campaign should see the sp becoming more liquid. The question of whether to keep your shares is a very personal one and only you can answer that one. You have to ask yourself what your buy in price was and secondly how long you intend to hold and what your exposure is. Also, whether you have taken a position in the company as well. Lots to think about and consider. Hope that helps and apologies again for the typo error in my last post. BW
Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look.
While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.