Well, I’ve added some more at 6.9p. That’ll do me, and intend now to put them away for a good while, and see how this plays out. Cannot see any rationale behind the drop today, other than sell on news. We shall see.
No, I haven’t lost my belief. I sold 10% of my holding at 39.95p. Wish I’d sold more, as I believe I could now get them back at 25p. Even if I’m wrong, under 30p is available now. Having been a holder since 2011, yes, I can’t bring myself to share your enthusiasm. However, as George Galloway once said, I admire your indefatigability. Don’t think anyone mentioned 10p.
RK you ask.....”Where is the logic in trashing the share price to start the drills going, so that when the results emerge they impact a much lower share price...” I agree. 100%. But isn’t this EXACTLY what Solgold have a history of doing? Have you forgotten my ire, and the abuse I received on here the last time? I confess, the rose tinted spectacles you appear to wear as far as Solgold is concerned are a little tiresome. AST
RE: I would want to be out of this over the weekend...22 Apr 2022 16:27
Sean... no disrespect intended, but that’s exactly the sort of post I saw on here prior to the last placing. And the one before that. And the one before..... you get the idea. And frankly, it’s nonsense.
Of course I don’t want the SP down at 25p. That’s a ridiculous assertion. I didn’t want it sub 30p post PFS either, yet here we are. But do try to be realistic. What chance an imminent placing will be at 32p, or 36p, or whatever, if the price today is 10 - 25% below that?
The amount of posters on here who seem to believe “market makers” just set whatever price they like, irrespective of market forces, supply and demand etc, purely to mess around with holders of shares, and in particular Solgold, is breathtaking in its naivety and paranoia.
Fairly certain there will be a placing before the end of Q3. In the absence of a bid, there has to be in order to keep operations going. Equally certain it won’t be at anything like 32p. Look at the SP for heavens sake. My best guess would be around 23-25p. Which.... unless BHP and NCM gobble them up.... we will be lucky to get through. .
Offloaded 10% of mine at 39.95p. Just to Derek’s in the event we retrace, as we have done on more than one occasion, and I’ve regretted it. This time feels different, and with the imminent PFS it should be. But that’s my decision, and I’ll live with it. FWIW I’m at the stage of life where I’ve moved the rest of my shares into decent dividend payers anyway, so bought WIX with the proceeds. That’s not a recommendation by the way! Watch Solg fly and WIX plunge now!
With this reaction, I reckon every three months we should announce we are releasing the PFS. Oh wait a minute..... we have. Just jesting. This is far more like it and a long time coming. Well done all LTH’s for sticking it out.
Slug.... whilst I completely agree with Ship, this really isn’t the place for this discussion, I struggle not to challenge anything on an online forum I perceive as a complete misleading falsehood. So can you please let me know where you arrived at the £400bn figure? Here’s the NAO position....
While research carried out by the National Audit Office (NAO) in December 2020 showed that the UK had spent £2.9b for a total of 267m doses of five different Covid vaccines.
The total cost of purchasing, manufacturing and deploying vaccines, and investing in global efforts to buy vaccines, to the UK taxpayer was estimated to be up to £11.7b.
As I’ve said, I think something has to give before next AGM. Rationale behind this is that in the absence of genuine progress (on Alpala) this year, pressure brought to bear would see a massive revolt resulting in a large scale overhaul of the board, and, in all probability, BHP gaining far more influence, at the expense of the small shareholders. The four likely outcomes are (please add more if you can) 1. We receive bid(s). Hopefully firing the starting pistol for a scramble for control from more than one major. 2. We enter into JV agreement to develop Alpala with a major 3. No bid received, we continue on our stated path, but with no further delays. We see a PFS, a finance plan, and a new detailed plan for the mine. 4. No bid received and further obfuscation and delay.
All this ignores the other tenements, drilling etc, all of which is business as usual, but can clearly have significant impact on sentiment and SP, but are pretty unpredictable in nature. Also ignores the fact that (I believe) at some point we may have to raise cash to keep the drills turning.
Of the four options, I favour option 1, and also see it as most likely, with 4 being the least likely. In terms of impact on SP, options 1 and 2 clearly positive, option 3 negative, option 4 catastrophic.
RE: With gold staying strong ....20 Jan 2022 09:26
UNB1 don’t fret it, you are certainly not alone in your frustration. And as for the often expressed view that gold price has any connection with our SP, it’s clearly laughable, anyone bothering to do the slightest bit of historical research would easily conclude otherwise. Stay confident in whatever initial research prompted you to invest here. There’s been no catastrophic news which would change any of the fundamentals, it’s just a matter of waiting.... and as I said yesterday, my personal view is that the wait will be under 12 months.
Rich3r re your point about funding.... I am resigned to this now. Should that come to pass, I intend to either take part in any offer, or purchase more following the inevitable retrace to avoid dilution. I just can’t see the continual stalling and delaying tactics lasting up to the next AGM. Something has to happen this year.
Hi red knight... you’re correct, those aren’t your words, they’re mine, which I thought was clear in the post, them being in a separate paragraph, but perhaps not.
Hi Rich3r, yes, I do in fact favour the bid being the most likely outcome, however I have felt that way for over 10 years now, and have to confess that Quady appears to have got it right so far (but I only need to be right once!).
All that said, given the company position and statements, the price of copper and gold (and now platinum!) have, to date, proven to have little or no impact on our SP, so the daily posts about how fantastic these things are for our potential do become tiresome.