Cherokee, thanks, I have had enough of switching brokers for the time being.
I suspect most people haven't a clue how to short or what the nitty gritty involves so Zoe can help us all?
I was up all night trying to be clever - it never works!
CBA are having their AGM next month and the next dividend will be confirmed.
Until then the price is volatile. It has been moving up and but never gets to my target of $83!
Last night I was a few hundred quid up and took advantage of the a near $83 - sold half of them, and bought into TOU on ASX.
The huge spread on TOU wiped out my profit and worst was to follow - CBA closed on $83!It is almost like the world uses me as their metronome . I closed II account at $73 and before I opened an alternative broker who allows ASX deals at a sensible price, they rocketted to £90 at their peak (for a few minutes) before settling above $80!
This is why I don't mess with SXX holding - the metronome never fails to screw my best laid plans! Which is why SXX is messing around below 22p I guess!
If I traded SXX you'd see 22p that very day!
AS i feared - I was the only one trading on ASX , my 76k purchase is all that shows on
I have managed to reverse a healthy profit on CBA into a loss by sell half of them to buy into TLOU @ 10.2c
The bugbear is the huge spread between 9.3c and 10.5c . I have spent half the night trying to tease a buy below 10c to no avail.
Finally gave in and offered 10.5c (achieving 10.2 which was a bonus, thank you IG) .
Put the unused funds back into an offer on CBA below market price. As we haven't had the AGM yet so I am hoping for swings on CBA until we know the pre-dividend heights, potentially producing bigger stakes to plunge into TLOU.
In the medium term I don't want gas flow rates announced yet - I want confirmation that the CBA dividend is being paid first and how much over 2 bucks it is! Usually AUD 2.3 ish.
I have reached frequent trader status now - so can trade cheaper on FTSE than ASX in future!
The 10.5c offer was filled in the blink of an eye - I wish I had an up to date price - they are delayed 20 minutes at best - but IG show are showing no trades tonight, even after mine!
It feels like I am trading on the dark side of the earth .... which I am :O)
Blimey - only just looked at LSE since early morning. Was disappointed to see how low the sp is. Then looked at intraday and realised it had improved!
Guess we lost the punter from the other week who said he would be out if the price dropped below 15.5p - I expect he will claim the 2m sale whether it was he or not?
Thought my very old pond pump transformer had blown when it was nor delivering 24v at the outlet!
And when I looked up transformers to see how such a simple piece of apparatus could fail - I realised (or remembered from A-level Physics over 50 year ago) that it does not work until you put a load on it!
Connected the pump directly to it (in the conservatory, just for a second - must be used in water) and it spun vigorously so have been planning to reinstate it because it is much more powerful than the cheapy I bought to replace it (which clogs very quickly). Nearly fell over when it spun :O) - the wire that goes into the wall, and comes out outside the conservatory is ok - so I need two waterproof connections or can I replace the cable from the pump and feed it through the wall cavity? Decisions decisions!
When you see Ariane 5 being prepared to launch Hylas #3 and then look at the sp, it seems inconceivable the two are related to the same company. Technically Avanti have a perfect record that would be envy of the world , yet the share price is in pennies instead of the anticipated £23 following the perfect #1 launch.
I think back to Facebook trying to use us without spending any money. We told them to clear off , and they produced their own satellite which never reached orbit! I agreed with our stance at the time but was that the means of getting Africans to shell out for broadband? If we given into facebook but restricted their access to #1 alone, would there have been huge profits from the following launches? Who knows? Facebook Zucks! He could have bought Avanti for less than his outlay , or did he get it for free?
If it was a buy the delay in announcing it would be explained because it must have involved many individual tranches to reach 1.7m - but so would the sell (on Monday). Good job he used LSE because the pylons would be up before you traded 1.7m on ASX - below 10c now, btw!
Time to clear the duck weed and chuck some chemicals in the pond - 8 goldfish and 2 golden orfe after I topped up :O)
Much cheaper than shares - and will die like a share, or grow a lot faster - but no dividends. My 6 lost golden orfe would have been £30 each at 9 inches long - so the stock price would have been good. Paid £3 each for my new tiddlers!
I have gone back 2 months and there are few buys over 200k shares and 250k was te highest.
To sell 1.7m, means he had to buy them ...buying piecemeal and selling the whole lot? Or buying 1.7m in one go?
Could easily have held for more than 2 months but got fed up of clicking a day at a time O)
You need to be logged in to advfn for the link to work .... I got this far ....
1.7m @ 5.70p (mid point of 5.6 and 5.8) is as marginal as it gets on buy or sell.
Logic dictates it was a buy, why on esrth would someone sell so many at the lowest price?
Fear it is going even lower is the obvious answer, but with flow rates possible at any time the seller would need insider knowledge they are bad , and a buyer would just need to be mildly optimistic .
I think I know which of those is most likely? £100k is a hefty amount, even for a very fat cat, if he had insider knowledge he'd have gone long ago at a better price than rock bottom.
Another thought crossed my mind - I may have benefitted from a cheaper purchase on ASX - but will I lose out on an price increases, ASX looks terribly quiet trading wise. Perhaps that will change once gas flow results are announced.
I am here for the long haul if I live that long.
Dog just woke me up - she gently licks my hand and arm , so sweet , she likes being by the bedroom door looking down the garden for something to bark at.
I see we are at 5.92p on FTSE. I bought 8920 shares earlier for a grand total of £507.78 (no refund on 40 shares, the reserved amount must have been towards gbp/AUD fx), but my cashback on the credit card is £2.50 (and i have 54 days grace before paying back the credit card)..
8920 @ 5.92p would have cost me £536.06 which in my book is good business? So far I have used the card for £250 (minimum paypal deposit at IG) which has been cleared with no unexpected charges , and £500 today.
I expected my card to declare the payment as a cash advance, which it is , and charge me for it. This seems to be good to be true - but I'll keep you informed.
Just been thinking, Supposing my order was filled barring 1 share and my limit bid was over more than a day and I did not check ...... would these so called trigger trades have an infiltrator in their midst?
I dumped the 40 shares offer after 7am (market was closed I'd hope) but they haven't credited my £7.88 yet.
Cannot see it anywhere
Big noses, is that because air is free, until Boris gets in, or you need to get your finger out :O)
Took pond water to aquatic centre and it is fine. Nitrate is slighly high but nothing to worry about.
So now own another 6 goldfish and 2 Golden Orfe. Very small fish currently - I like them small, big fish look ugly to me.
I'm up early having bought some TLOU shares on ASX. Order was almost filled in one - but 40 shares still needed (worth £7.88) - not going to them I fear? Who will want £7.88 less commission? Nobody I reckon.
Not sure if I raise the bid to the current price if that will count as a second transaction? I'd then be guilty of spending £7.88 plus commission ..... just as crazy!
Great to see an Irish man and Brit come home first and second in the open! Won't mention the speedway pairs, except it was a horrorshow for GB!
That's interesting! If I get the current price quote it shows my 40 shares bid at 10c on the ticket,. on the other side it shows 198,847 available at @ 10.5Scared to change order limit to 10,5c in case it makes it a separate transaction and I am charged for two transactions. I have 37 minutes for somebody else to try a bid at 10c cos nobody will want to sell 40 shares surely - they'll likely lose money on the trade.
Well, getting bored waiting for my last 40 TOU shares to come in all ,£7.88 worth.
I bid at 10c with buy cell showing (20 mins delay) 10.5c and 0.98c
Used paypal against my credit card to fund the account , get 0.5% cashback and won'thave to pay credit back for about 54 days so quite a good deal? 99% went through in one lump, but those pesky 40 are taking forever (20 minutes so far).Price shows as 10c every now and again but nought happens, you'd think I was top of the 10c queue but I guess not?
antimidas , sounds like your money is still in place - so why not rename yourself to antemidas - think back to the excitement leading up to Hylas #1 launch - Hylas #3 should be much more exciting and the prospects simply have to be much better. First time round the price drop was incredible. It will be just as incredible if the sp does the unexpected and reverses our fortunes? Antemidas sounds good.
Best of luck, Nutjob #2
BTS , I keep doing it as sure as morning follows night - TLOU and TOU shares!
I keep expecting to have an open ASX market after midnight on Friday , when of course Fridays trading is complete for the week by the time LSE opens. Could not have got an interest free loan tonight anyway - my card company will close my July statement on Saturday (actually today at this time of night).
Been watching Bohemian Rhapsody on the computer - I think I am in love with Lucy Boynton now - and she is dating the guy who plays Freddie (Rami Malik) in real life. His portrayal of Freddie is amazing , not sure if it is his singing we are hearing tbh but he captures the mannerisms so well.
So Sunday night/Monday morning I'll have a go at TOU/ASX ot TLOU/AIM depending on the FX rate. Last night it was cost effective to go the Aussie route.
My rof had a baptism of fire, well water, today. Hardly stopped raining all day - had to wear golf trousers to walk the dog. Roofers have done well, no overflowing gutters or leaks to report!