Register
Login:
Share:
Email Facebook Twitter


London South East Natural Resources Briefing webcast: #Emmerson #Alba #Condor Gold #Gold analysis
Angus Energy in talks to buy 'transformational' gas asset in North England


Orosur Mining Share Chat (OMI)



Share Price: 2.40Bid: 2.30Ask: 2.50Change: 0.00 (0.00%)No Movement on Orosur Mining
Spread: 0.20Spread as %: 8.70%Open: 2.55High: 0.00Low: 0.00Yesterday’s Close: 2.40


Share Discussion for Orosur Mining


Thread View

Please login or register to post a message on Share Chat.

Posts per page:

ezlee87
Posts: 59
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
News soon??
24 Apr '19
The sp has either gone down or not moved in the last 13 trading days. Surely good news will be coming our way soon? Very frustrating but will continue to hold.
 
vicjain
Posts: 2,573
Opinion:Hold
Price:3.10
RE: This don’t sound encouraging
23 Apr '19
Old article. Had me wondering for a while. My general understanding is that OMI will be mining in a generally positive political region so there should be no issues regarding drilling. So just a matter of time before Newmont start drilling, Getting ever closer. Could happen any time imo. Holding patiently
shellymarie1985
Posts: 1,184
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: This don’t sound encouraging
23 Apr '19
Morning Elgor quite right I was sent it by a college of mine this morning never even thought to check the dates till you posted good shout
ElgorTrader
Posts: 546
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: This don’t sound encouraging
23 Apr '19
That artical is over 2 years old
Icarus69
Posts: 322
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: This don’t sound encouraging
23 Apr '19
They’ve got an exploration licence and it’s the local govt that has rejected it, but the national govt no doubt will overuse that if there’s big money to be made.
Webbs
Posts: 1,151
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: This don’t sound encouraging
23 Apr '19
Lol it just gets better and better.
shellymarie1985
Posts: 1,184
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
This don’t sound encouraging
23 Apr '19
MajorThomas1
Posts: 335
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:3.10
Not long now?
23 Apr '19
Exploration update cant be far off now.
ezlee87
Posts: 59
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: OMI
17 Apr '19
I agree. The 20% spread will put some people off but the MMs will have to let it go at some point. Until then, we have to wait patiently for the next update. I expect the interest will return once we know the drilling plans in more detail. 5.4p+ for starts would be nice.
Spencer1983
Posts: 215
Premium Chat Member
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: OMI
17 Apr '19
The spread is constantly circa 20%. The market makers know good news is due but they don’t know when so currently keeping their guard up. Newmont are currently surveying the land and once we have news regarding where they decide to drill the share price will explode as it’s nearly back to before the Newmont news. This company will be a great example of the impatient transferring money to the patient.
vicjain
Posts: 2,573
Opinion:Hold
Price:3.40
RE: OMI
17 Apr '19
Agree Bhargav. Positive changes happening though at a slower pace than i expected. OMI will come back to life in due course. Just a game of patience. When OMI comes out of it's coma, the sp should move back up very quickly imo
bhargav
Posts: 3,859
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: OMI
17 Apr '19
No- it isn't the same as last time, the key is, we've new CFO, Chairman, confirmation of NMT interest is still intact (although I prefer to invite an appropriate party to take this forward quicker then them), cash to cover the costs and
hopefully other things gets resolved too by June 19 along with the news of drilling before that.
Webbs
Posts: 1,151
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
OMI
16 Apr '19
Isn’t that the same RNS as last time lol
Highriskstrategy
Posts: 420
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:3.10
RE: Newmont fully committed
16 Apr '19
‘and transform the company’, another encouraging RNS.
MajorThomas1
Posts: 335
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:3.30
Newmont fully committed
16 Apr '19
As Per RNS

“In February 2019, Orosur received US$500,000, being the first of four half yearly cash payments from Newmont Mining Corporation as part of the previously announced Exploration Agreement with Venture Option for the Anzà project in Colombia.”

And

“In March 2019, Minera Anzà (Orosur’s Colombian subsidiary), received US$240,000 from Newmont Colombia S.A.S., a subsidiary of Newmont, to fund the property maintenance costs in Colombia during the first 6 months of the exploration period (October 2018 to March 2019). This occurred after the end of the Quarter and is therefore not reflected in the Q3 19 balance sheet.“
Confirming Newmont’s commitment to Phase 1, meaning IMO we can expect the drill to start turning as part of the US$10.0 million spending commitment detailed in the strategic agreement RNS.
“In Phase 1, Newmont may earn a 51% ownership interest by spending US$10.0 million in qualifying expenditures over four years and making cash payments to Orosur equaling a total of US$2.0 million during the first two years of the Phase 1 earn-in period. Upon Newmont’s completion of Phase 1, it may elect, in its sole discretion, to exercise its option to form a joint venture with Orosur.”
Expecting good news flow over the next 9 months.
Martinrobson
Posts: 28
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: Anza
16 Apr '19
I'm looking forward to ChickenDinner coming back on the board with the "Newmont on board, high grade rock samples" posts :-)
shellymarie1985
Posts: 1,184
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
Anza
16 Apr '19
Was having a think about the current situation last night and came to the conclusion that the long delay is purely down to the situation with newmont and Goldcorp once this is concluded witch shouldn’t be too far away things will get moving newmont are not paying money to omi for a laugh they have been happy to do so upto now and looking like they are going to continue to do so until they can focus on Anzá I’m also thinking that if the drilling goes well when started and newmont like what they see I think a buyout of Anzá or take over is definitely on the cards with so little shares in issue it won’t take a massive offer to take out omi at all just my thoughts but been here with ggp before and got burnt only difference is the results from Anzá so far look fantastic hopefully they continue when newmont get going with her
bhargav
Posts: 3,859
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: Late RNS!
16 Apr '19
Outlook and Strategy

During the year ended May 31, 2018, the Board adopted an aggressive strategic plan to restructure its businesses, and recapitalize and transform the Company by advancing its operations in Colombia (now with Newmont as a partner), as well as finding a fair solution in Uruguay for all stakeholders and reducing its activities in Chile. The strategy remains unchanged.

In Colombia, Newmont is performing a strategic review of the Anzá project to define an exploration program in the area in cooperation with Orosur.

In Uruguay, Loryser has commenced implementing the Agreement with creditors in anticipation of ratification by the Court. The reorganisation process and the Agreement are subject to consideration by the Court and the Intervenor. The process will continue with the Court confirming that the majorities required for the Agreement were effectively obtained, to be followed by public notice of the Agreement to all interested parties. Provided there is no valid opposition, the ratification process is expected to be completed by the end of the first half of 2019. Once approved by the Court, the Agreement will be legally binding on all Loryser’s creditors and Loryser’s creditor protection status will cease together with the Intervenor’s control over Loryser.

Plus-

On April 12, 2019, Mr. Robert Schafer was formally appointed Chairman of the Board of Directors.
ezlee87
Posts: 59
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: Late RNS!
15 Apr '19
Cheers SL, just looking at the RNS now
Silverlight
Posts: 5,836
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
Late RNS!
15 Apr '19
ezlee87
Posts: 59
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:3.10
RE: red again
15 Apr '19
Yeah I think it's best to hold if you can afford to do so. I've been in other shares that have turned around.. there's nothing to suggest the same won't happen here in good time.

On a positive note, the sp is up 4% today which appears to coincide with a couple of buys (one around 95k shares on lse and another around 112k on nex). Would be nice to have a blue day for a change.
primesymian
Posts: 424
Premium Chat Member
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:2.975
RE: red again
15 Apr '19
yeah i agree, could be bottom, but i've assumed that sooo many times!
thanks.
Highriskstrategy
Posts: 420
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:2.975
RE: red again
15 Apr '19
I have no idea how low it could go, I didn’t think it could go lower than Newmont buy in price but it did. This is now around the pre Newmont announcement so I’d really like to think this is the bottom.
primesymian
Posts: 424
Premium Chat Member
Opinion:No Opinion
Price:2.975
RE: red again
15 Apr '19
thanks. been in this a few times now and may well get back in , but how low can this share go?!

gla.
Highriskstrategy
Posts: 420
Opinion:Strong Buy
Price:2.975
RE: red again
15 Apr '19
Morning all, keep holding and have faith that once drilling news comes, results will follow soon after that and then production etc. The price will look very different over the coming months/this time next year. I imagine most if not all holders of OMI are sitting on paper losses, some large and as frustrating as it is that we aren’t all in massive profit this can flip round over night and no one has lost anything until you sell. The recent update was very positive and confirms that Newmont are looking at OMI as a priority still. Have a good day and try not to think about it too much if you can! I don’t think it will be much longer before drilling news is announced.




Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk
FREE Member Services
- Setup a personalised Watchlist and Virtual Portfolio.
- Gain access to LIVE real-time Regulatory News (RNS).
- View more Trades, Directors' Deals, and Broker Ratings.
Share Price, Share Chat, Stock Market news at lse.co.uk









Datafeed and UK data supplied by NBTrader and Digital Look. While London South East do their best to maintain the high quality of the information displayed on this site,
we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to incorrect information found here. All information is provided free of charge, 'as-is', and you use it at your own risk.
The contents of all 'Chat' messages should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Limited, or its affiliates.
London South East does not authorise or approve this content, and reserves the right to remove items at its discretion.