SP doesn't like going under 378...29 Sep 2020 10:42
If anything this grinds higher as the day moves on. I definitely think we won't remain flat. I am just plucking numbers but 390 could be possible by EOD to tease in some investors. A break above 400 today would be ridiculous but can't see the volume arriving for that. Tomorrow, if results are on point = we fly; if results are a little low = we probably sell off harshly and then recover most of it by EOD, so a potential top-up op if it happens. If results are stronger = we fly towards 500p a share.
Imagine these scenarios of buying...29 Sep 2020 09:07
This scenario requires you to believe that the stock price will reach 3.50 within the next year (the usual length for a moderate-long swing trade). 1)If you buy now, at 143, and let's say in a year, it's back at 350. You've made 144%. 2)If you buy at 100, and in a year it's back at 350, you've made 250%. 3)If you buy at 80, and in a year it's back at 350, you've made 337%. Assuming you invest £1,000 (or a figure so insignificant to you it doesn't matter if you lose it all should RR fold), you'll have profitted in each scenario: 1)1250 2) 2,240 3) 3,062
Ask yourself - is it really going to bounce back to £3.50 a share within a year? Is the risk of losing all of my money substantial given the current performance and climate? Is this company future-proofed against a resurgence/worsening of the virus around the world, or further pandemics within the next 5-10 years? Is it likely there would be a bail out / buy out if things continued to deteriorate?
My thoughts are that it is still incredibly risky to be putting in a penny more than you can afford to lose right now. If you are gambling and are going to be happy enough if you lose it all, then fine. If you are an investor, be smart, don't rush in, wait until the tide starts to turn - don't buy on the way down, as this has been going down steadily for quite a while now with no signs up a let up.
I'd say don't even consider buying yet until there is clear signs of reversal. If you do, you may be here in 3 months time protesting "but it won't go below 50"...
By clear signs of reversal I mean buy on the 3rd green day in a row after some positive news. Sure, you might miss out on about 20-30% but you may also not miss out on that much. It pays to be more confident and collected - and the premium will be missing the first green day and possibly even the second. Do not jump in on the way down like so many have done and continue to do - such bad investing, and I've made those mistakes before so no judgement, but you don't want to put yourself in that situation unless you are literally gambling and are happy go lucky if you loose your money or not.
The best way to create FOMO leading up to results?28 Sep 2020 10:49
Hit a low of day midday, then slow climb back up with a rally in the afternoon. FOMO kicks in the following morning which creates epic buying frenzies and the volatility rockets, allowing day traders to enter and exit intraday, causing an even bigger spike, with a potential sell off from daytraders and nervous PIs just before the close on Tuesday. Wednesday has to be a boom - this company is LOADED.
RE: Spike to 170 on Friday was big player exiting...28 Sep 2020 10:21
With winter setting in, colds and flus doing the rounds, testing massively overstretched and delayed results, covid R rate around 1.5 in the UK, more people mixing indoors, universities back, schools back, families indoors. Who can really see air travel being strong this winter? With office workers now told to work from home again, business travel has been limited/squashed as well. So, we may see a bottomming around Nov/Dec, before things start to trade in anticipation of a pick up in Spring/Summer and easing of respiratory illnesses. Though, if first quarter figures for 21 are awful, expect this to stay down for a long time.
I'd like to see us test 400p this afternoon, as sentiment is incredible and money has been piling in above 330... The jittery nature is just normal anxieties about volatility surrounding results - the factory issue is a complete non issue to serious investors - the occasional panicky newbie investor may be selling every time the guardian shytes out some fiction, but it won't be affecting price action at all anymore.
This is so bearish still... Do not buy yet.28 Sep 2020 09:12
I know sentiment is improving with many looking to take a punt soon, but be extremely careful. This will bleed and bleed longer than you would like to expect, and the recovery may be slow, rather than +5-10% days when the turnaround does happen (if it does). Anything could happen so when you enter please do not put a lot of your money in, as there is a chance it could all go at this point - the risk is still high. Looking for around 70-80p before entering a small position.
The guardian article - don't even both to read it.27 Sep 2020 20:24
It writes: "The report on factory conditions in Leicester was damning." - correction, people don't GAF. Can't wait to see what desperate story they try and come up with next once we soar past 450 after great results. What absolute morons - they probably sold Boo early and invested in RR or something! Turds.
Volatility coming up with the election and more covid19 restrictions as cases surge...27 Sep 2020 15:08
Almost guarantined that this week will be red for RR and many travel and hospitality sectors. I'm going out on a limb and saying 130 will be breached this week. I won't short it, but I certainly won't be buying it. My target remains at 70-80 before I'd consider putting a couple of grand (that I could afford to do without for a while) into this stonk.
It's obvious this is in serious trouble...25 Sep 2020 18:29
Do not buy - based on the 5-10 year chart, the name, the prestige, the importance to aerospace, etc etc... This company is struggling - the world seems to be going through a purge at the mo, out with the old, in with the new, and some companies will adapt and survive, others will simply be too cumbersome to move... RR may well be one of them. Do not invest guys, the risk is far too high here. The reward also - no-one knows, it could be 200p, 300p, or 1200p - we haven't a monkeys. All we know is that RR is sinking lower with each passing week. Do not jump in now, unless you can hold your breath for months, and then, for what? a few percent gain?
Agreed - sounds like you are approaching this with a sensible head. I also wish to have bought more while she was sub 300 but the levels of doubt and uncertainty are higher while a stock is trading flat / has had bearish sentiment / selling within recent memory. My motto going forward is - stocks rally and are bullish for longer than people tend to think, e.g. TESLA, so let's keep in the trend and add sensibly on dips.