I think it depends on what the institutional investors do. My assumption is that they will vote No. If they vote no then the PI s could be key. Solenta are the majority shareholder but they do have to cross the 75% threshold. Not a certainty in my view.
Solenta may have bought more shares but, to date no notification of that has been received.
Thank you Tanyax6. I will be part of the united front. I will definitely hold. Hopefully the institutional investors will be obliged, under their duty of care to their investors, to take the situation to regulatory authorities.
I agree that the news this morning was concrete. It has resulted in a good rise. The volatility of the market leads me to the conclusion that more reassuring news will be needed to take the SP past. 0.2.
I seem to recall that you had concerns about the volatility of the market on an earlier occasion, after the last spike.
Very good discussion without condescension. I would have thought that M&Gs departure is managed to some degree. If I have read it right an existing II would have to declare themselves after buying 1% of the shares.
Is it a reasonable assumption that if there is a declared buyer then the SP is likely to rise?
The graph that pops up when I google the BB moved north, after closing. I take that as meaning that the 75,000,000 is a buy. Significantly JT16 does not dispute its status. I also wonder if the 75,000,000 discussed the other day was in fact a buy. M&G selling would have kept the SP static.
If it was then that might mean that another II is buying up the M&G shares. I will be holding my shares for now to see what happens. Each holder has to make his or her own decision.