I see you were in at ~38p which is still a bargain when you think how high these shares will go in the near term let alone the long term. I think even if the world is on its knees in June, TXP will be flying high with COHO connected and another potentially transformational drill underway at Chinook.
So selling a ~1/4 of my portfolio yesterday worked well. I've just bought back in over lunch @29.22 which bagged me an extra ~1900 shares as well as freeing up ~£850 not bad for a few clicks of a button. Just wish I'd had the balls to sell the whole lot yesterday.... knowing my luck, they would then have announced a £1.5 pps takeover this morning.
The governments and WHOs response to this Pandemic has been pathetic. China should have had travel restrictions imposed on them near the beginning. The Who seemed more interested in keeping China happy than looking after the population of the World... and why it wasn't called a pandemic earlier, when it clearly was is beyond me (not that it really matters). Most people in this country will get Covid-19 its just a matter of when. What the government now needs to do is reduce the influx of cases to the NHS. I personally believe they should immediately curfew retirees, as they are the ones at the highest risk from the virus and they don't need to be out and about for work.
I think I might need my head checked then :-/ Whist I agree this is a great share with a bright future (IMO £1+ within 9mths), there is going to be somewhat of a news vacuum for a month or so until the pressure recorders are pulled and after that another months wait before the next spud. In the meantime all hell will be breaking loose on the markets with Covid-19. With that in mind I sold about 1/4 of my TXP holding today in two trenches averaging 35.8p, with the view that in the next couple of weeks I'll hopefully be able to buy back more shares for the same money. I could be wrong which is why I have held onto 3/4 of my TXP holding (unexpected takeover etc) but I thought it a gamble worth taking in the current climate.
I was wondering if there could at some point, be a rise in oil prices due to oil shortages on the back of personnel issues ie imagine if somone on a rig catches it. It's also possible the industry could be affected by a shortage of parts being manufactured, much like the auto industry is already experiencing.
PB got quite a bit of stick for his raise at a discount to the then market rate..... It now looks like he timed it perfectly and in hindsight it was a stroke of genius, he deserves Kudos! Imagine having to go to the markets now for a raise, they would have us over a barrel. As it is we have cash in the bank, that should help us not only survive but indeed prosper during this terrible storm.
I can't make my mind up if he is purposely downplaying this stock or if he is genuinely out of touch with this stock. He is correct to state that the money it's being spent on the third well, but he forgets to mention the 4th well which might now be drilled simultaneously.
Just topped up another £2k @ 42.9p couldn't resist at these prices...just wish I had more free cash available... we all know where this share price is going in the short term so its a no brainier. Can't wait for the next RNS which should hopefully add roughly another 5000 boed to future revenue.
RE: Simple Valuation - 53,8 pence NEW SHARE PRICE19 Feb 2020 18:51
Great post danawinner. The placement was obviously coming, what with PB in London stating that he wanted to accelerate the exploration, whilst not wanting to fund it with debt. Personally I'm happy the placement is now out of the way without too much dilution. I've seen many a share increase in price after a placement, so long as it is for the right purposes (accelerated exploration) and I feel this could well be one such case.
Groover: "Photo / SP retracing to 36 now. You may have opportunity. Even 30,000 shares is only £150. If they hit £1 each it's a good return" MoneyDan: 30000 shares at 36p = £10800 ... but I agree if/when they hit £1 that will be a good return ~3 times your money
Kontiki: "£150? / Grover. Er , do the math. 30k @39p=£1170.00" MoneyDan: Closer than Groover but still no cigar 30k @ 39p = £11700.00
Groover: "Kontiki / We're talking 0.36 here, not 39p" MoneyDan: F**K me can you buy me some for that price please, as it’s less than a hundredth of what they are currently selling for.
I've been a big fan of Malcy over the years. However, I'm starting to think he isn't acting in the best interests of his blog readers. He seems to rave on about shares that are high risk gambles at best and down play companies with real steady momentum in the right direction like Touchstone. I now pay no attention to his recommendations and just use the blog as a informative guide to results and upcoming drills.
Opps hit the wrong key :) No one seems to have touch on the point that we already have permits for two more wells to be drilled in this play. Just think what another two wells of this magnitude will do to the share price....
This company will now produce at least 8300boe/d and even at currently subdued oil prices and taking in to account current net backs (that will now improve) this equates to ~£63m profit a year. How the mcap is only ~£65m is pure madness in my view especially when there is still another pay zone to test and two more drills ahead.
Couldn't agree more, I think Paul is trying to keep a lid (until testing confirms) on something that he believes is massive. I personally think they have found a 100BCF+ play (in keeping with other big finds in the area). It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we have a 5000-10000 boed well.