Are you guys expecting a Monday / Tuesday RNS on receipt of tranche 2? I’m not so sure. I thought tranche 1 was RNS-worthy because it confirmed that the deal was actually happening (as opposed to KZG’s 2021 “Namibian investor” and IRON’s Grosvenor investment). But we know the deal is happening now - the investor wouldn’t have paid tranche 1 if not. So isn’t tranche 2 just the ordinary ticking over of the business?
Personally I think Kav have noted that this is a good time of year to be quietly working on drill plans for both of the KSZ and the KCB, with a view to having a busy autumn when markets are busier again. Very sensible and likely only a few weeks to wait until things kick up a gear. We also know from interviews that there have been conversations going on with potential partners, including reviews of the Kav data room. So that’s another possible explanation for the current relative quiet. I’m not counting on that one though. The one I’m confident about is that we’re doing the groundwork for a busy autumn
I also agree. The best result would have been some stellar intersects, but the second best is something that makes clear where our focus should be. The worst would have been something promising but inconclusive
I also think it’s notable that the RNS focussed specifically on Munni Munni. That resonates with a thought I’ve had often, namely that Munni Munni is a known monster resource which, if newly discovered now, would create a huge buzz and a significant valuation; whereas here we seem to have almost no value attributed to it by the market. I think changing that is a very sensible major goal for the company
I like Bill but think this change is appropriate to the more advanced stage we have now reached as a company. The main tasks now are not exploration but corporate financing/exploitation work. Why get a geologist to do that work? Doesn’t make any sense
Nice post McQueen. As one of your critics yesterday, I hope I did make it clear I believed you to be a genuine holder expressing a genuine view. I just thought that view was flawed in a couple of respects which I explained
1. Over £3m cash (£2.5m from investor plus recent placing). 2. JORC resource 622,000 tantalum. 3. JORC resource 125,000 lithium. 4. Mining operation already up and running, capex for ramp-up already funded. 5. Offtake already in place. 6. Profitable diamond operation (profits to increase alongside HMS operation). 7. Heavy mineral sands licence secured subject to one objection/appeal - once finally granted will deliver significant profits fast. 8. Application submitted for additional larger HMS licence. 9. New rare earths project.
Three things have been holding this back: trust, PR and ramp-up investment for TVM. If we are now seeing all three changing, the value here is absolutely extraordinary
I’m not defending the indefensible. But dishonesty as you call it is an individual characteristic. It’s a nonsense to suggest that a company is dishonest unless you mean its current board. The people you’re saying were dishonest are gone. I’m not defending the indefensible; I’m saying it’s now irrelevant
I agree with most of that (best opportunity to restore trust etc). However, the record of not telling the truth bit actually doesn’t make sense because (a) you can’t level that at Dennis Edmonds, and (b) Giles Clarke, Nick Harrison and Larry Johnson are all gone. What I meant by attitude was your phrase “Be worried if they don’t confirm receipt of payment today” which makes no sense when payment today could lead to RNS tomorrow, or there could be no RNS but we get confirmation in the interview on Wednesday. It’s an attitude of arch-scepticism as opposed to healthy scepticism, combined with specifically encouraging people to panic at the very first conceivable opportunity.
I know you’re a real holder and in terms of the history I get it. I just think you got this one wrong
This sort of attitude is the exact reason why I made the point this morning that there is an interview on Wednesday when we will find out. There’s no point spending today/tomorrow guessing at whether the hypothetical lack of an RNS means they haven’t received the money or just that they haven’t issued an RNS. Wait till Wednesday and find out