Less Ads, More Data, More Tools Register for FREE

Volcan Declares Compulsory Acquisition Of Vedanta Resources

Thu, 27th Sep 2018 11:18

LONDON (Alliance News) - Volcan Investments Ltd on Thursday said it will make a compulsory acquisition of all shares in Vedanta Resources PLC from holders who have not accepted its takeover offer.

Volcan had announced that its USD10.89 per share offer had been made unconditional on September 3, with Vedanta applying to de-list its shares on Monday next week. Following the de-listing, Vedanta will re-register as a private limited company.

The recommended offer has acceptances from 92% of shares, 97% factoring Volcan's own holding, and remains open until further notice. While the remaining 3% of shares have been urged to submit acceptances, a compulsory purchase is to take place regardless six weeks after notice is sent.

Shareholders who have submitted valid acceptances will receive payment within 14 days of their acceptance, while the remaining 3% will need to write to Vedanta and request what they are owed.

Shares in Vedanta were up 0.6% at 830.00 pence on Thursday.

Related Shares

More News

Agarwal clashes with Anglo American board over new director

(Sharecast News) - Anglo American's biggest shareholder Anil Agarwal has voted against a new Brazilian board member in a clash over strategy with the mining company's board.

1 May 19 08:11

Volcan Declares Compulsory Acquisition Of Vedanta Resources

LONDON (Alliance News) - Volcan Investments Ltd on Thursday said it will make a compulsory acquisition of all shares in Vedanta Resources PLC from holders who have not accepted its takeover had on

27 Sep 18 11:18

UK Shareholder Meetings Calendar - Next 7 Days

Tuesday 25 SeptemberVersarienWYGPark GroupScientific Digital Asset 26 27 28 British 1

24 Sep 18 16:06

Vedanta Resources Subsidiary Discovers Hydrocarbon In Krishna-Godavari

LONDON (Alliance News) - Vedanta Resources PLC on Thursday said its subsidiary made a hydrocarbon discovery in well A3-2, located within Krishna-Godavari basin in India.The mining company

13 Sep 18 17:01

Login to your account

Don't have an account? Click here to register.

Quickpicks are a member only feature

Login to your account

Don't have an account? Click here to register.