(Sharecast News) - Shares in gaming and gambling group Evoke rallied on Tuesday, after the William Hill-owner confirmed takeover talks were continuing.
The firm, formerly 888 Holdings, is in negotiations with Greek lottery operator Bally's Intralot about a possible 50p per share takeover. The proposed £225m deal is currently expected to comprise an all-share combination with a partial cash alternative.
Providing a brief update after markets closed on Monday, Evoke said "constructive discussions" were continuing and that Bally's Intralot had therefore requested - and been granted - an extension to the so-called put up or shut up deadline.
Bally's Intralot, which is listed in Athens, now has until 1700 BST on 8 June under Takeover Panel rules to make a firm offer or walk away. The revised deadline could be extended again with the consent of Evoke.
As at 0845 BST, the stock had put on 8% at 36.06p.
888 Holdings acquired William Hill's UK business from Caesars Entertainment in 2022 for £2bn, but was left with considerable debt. The firm, which changed its name to Evoke in May 2024, has been carrying out a strategic review since last November, after hikes to gaming duties were announced in the Budget.
See latest RNS on Investegate


(Sharecast News) - C&C Group reported lower annual revenue and profit on Tuesday, after the planned exit of Budweiser Brewing Group volumes in Ireland...


(Sharecast News) - Hilton Food Group said in an update on Tuesday that trading in its core meat and fresh prepared food businesses had been good so fa...


(Sharecast News) - Housebuilder Crest Nicholson said on Tuesday that the publication of its half-year results will be delayed as talks with lenders co...