Wed, 23rd Sep 2020 07:00
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CONTAINS INSIDE INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSES OF THE MARKET ABUSE REGULATION (EU No. 596/2014) ("MAR"). THIS INSIDE INFORMATION IS NOW CONSIDERED TO BE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN.
23 September 2020
Angus Energy Plc
("Angus Energy" or the "Company")
Proposed Placing and Proposed Debt Financing
Field Development and Equipment Finance - Saltfleetby Gas Field
Angus Energy plc (AIM: ANGS) is pleased to announce that, with the support of Saltfleetby Energy Limited ("SEL"), its 49% partner in the Saltfleetby Gas Field (the "Field"), the Company has engaged Gneiss Energy Limited, a strategic and financial advisory firm operating in the energy and natural resources sectors, to raise up to £12 million through the issue of a senior secured debt facility (the "Proposed Debt Funding") to assist in funding the redevelopment of the Field.
In order to support the Proposed Debt Funding, Angus announces that it is today carrying out an equity fundraising to raise approximately £900,000, before expenses, through the issue (the "Placing") of c.100,000,000 Ordinary Shares ("Placing Shares") at a price of 0.9 pence per share ("Placing Price"). This will form part of a working capital contingency fund that is normally required by debt providers.
W.H. Ireland Limited is acting as broker in relation the Placing (the "Broker"). A placing agreement has been entered into today between the Company and the Broker in connection with the Placing (the "Placing Agreement").
The Placing is being conducted, subject to the satisfaction of certain conditions set out in the Appendix to this Announcement, through an accelerated book-build process (the "Bookbuild"), which will be launched immediately following this Announcement.
The Proposed Debt Funding
The Company is seeking to raise up to £12m through the issue of a senior secured debt facility which will be secured, inter alia, on 100% of the Company's and SEL's working interest in the Field. It is the intention that the cash interest and repayments under the Proposed Debt Funding are expected to be serviced by net cash flows from 100% of the Field revenues generated immediately from the commencement of commercial gas sales, i.e. including those attributable to our partner Saltfleetby Energy Limited. As such, the Proposed Debt Funding is to include joint and several obligations of both Saltfleetby Energy Limited and the Angus Energy Group.
The proceeds of the Proposed Debt Funding will be used as to:
o £1.8 million toward pipeline installation and connection to the National Transmission System of which £1.1 million has been spent to date;
o £5.7 million toward processing facilities;
o £1.6 million toward site preparation, planning and contingencies;
o £2.4 million toward a reserve for drilling the planned 2021 sidetrack of an existing well on the Field; and
o £1.5 million toward an abandonment reserve for the Field.
Setting aside payments made from SEL to the Company, the Competent Persons Report ("CPR") published in March 2020 showed 2020 gross capex of £3.8 m being in part £2.1 m for the pipeline spur (£0.9m) and National Grid connection costs (£1.2m) which to date has remained below budget. The balance of £1.7m of capital expenditure estimates for the process plant has proved to be inadequate even allowing for £1.0 m of process equipment leasing costs already included within the CPR opex estimates.
The above £3.8 m when added to the CPR leasing opex of £1m should be set against the above final estimates of £8.1 m resulting in an increase of £3.3 million which we will be sharing 51%/49% with SEL. Thus we estimate the downward impact on the P90 (1P) Field Valuation will be a maximum of approximately £1.7m or a 10% from £16.7 m to £15 m being the most pessimistic case (assuming all other inputs remain unchanged).
The principal cause of the increase in equipment costs is the ramification of EU safety regulations enshrined in the ATEX Directive. This serves to exclude the great majority of North American API certified high pressure gas equipment from use in Europe without extensive re-engineering and re-certification. Until relatively recently, Angus had hoped to overcome this regulatory hurdle but after consulting a range of experienced suppliers, the Company has concluded that the cost is prohibitive. In addition, the equipment costs set out above are reflective of the Company and SEL's decision to purchase all of the Field equipment itself rather than proceeding with a mix of leasing and purchasing.
SEL have agreed that the given the Field costs absorbed to date by Angus, advance work done on abandonment of wells 1, 3 and 6, and assistance in providing (as necessary) equity kickers to the proposed debt funding coupon, all costs going forward should be borne out of the facility including residual spend of £0.7 m of connection costs related to the pipeline and National Grid. This will include expenditure on the side-track originally expected to have been funded out of field revenues.
The terms of the Proposed Debt Funding will be communicated to shareholders when definitive documents are signed alongside any consequential alterations to our timetable.
Use of Placing Proceeds
Whilst the Company has some small immediate commitments for capital expenditure in obtaining a Cement Bond Log on the potential water injector well at Brockham and in abandonment work of SF06 at Saltfleetby, the principal aim of the facility is to provide a working capital buffer normally expected by debt investors.
Additional details of the Placing
The Placing is conditional, amongst other things, on Admission of the Placing Shares becoming effective by no later than 8.00 a.m. on 30 September 2020 (or such later time and/ or date as the Company may specify by an announcement to a Regulatory Information Service, being no later than 5.30 p.m. on 30 October 2020).
The Placing is not being underwritten and the Placing Shares are not being made available to the public.
Application will be made to London Stock Exchange plc for the Placing Shares to be admitted to trading on AIM. Subject to the satisfaction of the conditions referred to above, it is expected that Admission will be effective, and dealings in the Placing Shares will commence, at 8.00 a.m. on 30 September 2020.
The Placing Shares will, when issued, rank pari passu in all respects with each other and with the existing ordinary shares in the capital of the Company, including the right to receive all dividends and other distributions declared, made or paid in respect of the ordinary shares after the date of issue of the Placing Shares.
The Placing will be conducted using the Company's existing share authorities.
If, during the course of the Bookbuild, the Broker encounters additional demand for shares over and above the Placing Shares, the Company may consider the allotment of additional Ordinary Shares on the same terms as under the Placing, up to an aggregate gross value (including the Placing) of £2 million ("Additional Shares"). The Company will announce the proposed issue of any Additional Shares in due course as relevant.
As the issue of the Placing Shares will use up most of the authority given to the Directors to issue Ordinary Shares given at the March 2020 AGM, the Directors may require the authority of Shareholders in order to have the flexibility to allot further Ordinary Shares (including any Additional Shares) in the future should they consider it to be in the best interests of the Company to do so. Accordingly, the Company will shortly convene a general meeting to give shareholders the opportunity to consider and approve the necessary resolutions to give effect to this. In due course a notice of general meeting will be posted to shareholders and made available on the Company's website at http://www.angusenergy.co.uk/media/news/ .
George Lucan, Managing Director, commented:
''We believe this equity and prospective debt capital raise represents a more comprehensive, cost effective and simpler arrangement than a patchwork of leasing and hire purchase agreements with a multitude of suppliers.
Even allowing for the revised capex, the Company's reworking of the CPR calculations show the Company's share of the Field's post tax revenues net of costs would be of the order of £20m on P90, £33 m on P50 and £60m on a P10 valuation.
We note that to date the Company's share price reflects only a fraction of the estimated CPR valuation of the Field with no value attributed to the Company's other Licences at all. We believe much of this discount reflects uncertainty about the Company's capital structure which, given a successful conclusion to the debt funding, should be settled by today's announcement.
Of particular comfort to shareholders will be the provision for next year's capital expenditure on the Saltfleetby side-track, which is intended to accelerate recoveries from the Field, as well as further demonstrative moves on abandonment reserving. Whilst the loan financing is not underwritten, we remain confident of completing the debt placing within a timeframe which should allow us to begin commissioning in Q1 2021."
Angus Energy Plc
Tel: +44 (0) 208 899 6380
Beaumont Cornish (Nomad)
James Biddle/ Roland Cornish
Tel: +44 (0) 207 628 3396
WH Ireland Limited (Broker)
Harry Ansell/Katy Mitchell
Tel: +44 (0) 207 220 1666
Tel: +44 (0) 207 129 1474
About Angus Energy plc
Angus Energy plc is a UK AIM quoted independent onshore oil and gas production and development company focused on leveraging its expertise to advance its portfolio of UK assets as well as acquire, manage and monetise select projects. Angus Energy has a 51% interest in the Saltfleetby Gas Field (PEDL005), majority owns and operates conventional oil production fields at Brockham (PL 235) and Lidsey (PL 241), has a 25% interest in the Balcombe Licence (PEDL244) and has a 12.5% interest in the PEDL143 Licence (A24 Prospect).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE PLACING
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT, INCLUDING THIS APPENDIX, (TOGETHER, THE "ANNOUNCEMENT") AND THE INFORMATION IN IT IS RESTRICTED AND IS NOT FOR PUBLICATION, RELEASE OR DISTRIBUTION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, JAPAN, THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION IN WHICH SUCH PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION WOULD BE UNLAWFUL.
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO TAKE PART IN THE PLACING. THIS APPENDIX AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE DIRECTED ONLY AT: (A) PERSONS WHO ARE IN A MEMBER STATE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND ARE, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED BY THE BROKER, ("QUALIFIED INVESTORS") AS DEFINED IN ARTICLE 2.1(E) OF THE EU PROSPECTUS REGULATION (WHICH MEANS DIRECTIVE 2017/1129 AND INCLUDES ANY RELEVANT IMPLEMENTING DIRECTIVE MEASURE IN ANY MEMBER STATE) (THE "PROSPECTUS REGULATION"); AND (B) IN THE UNITED KINGDOM, PERSONS WHO ARE: (I) "INVESTMENT PROFESSIONALS" WITHIN THE MEANING OF ARTICLE 19(5) OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES AND MARKETS ACT 2000 (FINANCIAL PROMOTION) ORDER 2005 (THE "ORDER"); (II) PERSONS FALLING WITHIN ARTICLE 49(2)(A) TO (D) ("HIGH NET WORTH COMPANIES, UNINCORPORATED ASSOCIATIONS, ETC") OF THE ORDER; OR (III) PERSONS TO WHOM IT MAY OTHERWISE BE LAWFULLY COMMUNICATED (ALL SUCH PERSONS TOGETHER BEING REFERRED TO AS "RELEVANT PERSONS"). THIS APPENDIX AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN MUST NOT BE ACTED ON OR RELIED ON BY PERSONS WHO ARE NOT RELEVANT PERSONS. ANY INVESTMENT OR INVESTMENT ACTIVITY TO WHICH THIS APPENDIX AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN RELATE IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO RELEVANT PERSONS AND WILL BE ENGAGED IN ONLY WITH RELEVANT PERSONS.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT AN OFFER FOR SALE OR SUBSCRIPTION IN ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH SUCH OFFER, SOLICITATION OR SALE WOULD BE UNLAWFUL UNDER THE SECURITIES LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT DOES NOT ITSELF CONSTITUTE AN OFFER FOR SALE OR SUBSCRIPTION OF ANY SECURITIES IN THE COMPANY. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT AN OFFER OF OR SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIBE FOR SECURITIES IN THE UNITED STATES. THE SECURITIES REFERRED TO HEREIN HAVE NOT BEEN AND WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNDER THE
U.S. SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE "SECURITIES ACT"), AND MAY NOT BE OFFERED OR SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES, EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN APPLICABLE EXEMPTION FROM, OR AS PART OF A TRANSACTION NOT SUBJECT TO, THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT. NEITHER THE UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION NOR ANY SECURITIES REGULATORY AUTHORITY OF ANY STATE OR OTHER JURISDICTION OF THE UNITED STATES HAS APPROVED OR DISAPPROVED OF AN INVESTMENT IN THE SECURITIES OR PASSED UPON OR ENDORSED THE MERITS OF THE PLACING OR THE ACCURACY OR ADEQUACY OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY REPRESENTATION TO THE CONTRARY IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE IN THE UNITED STATES. NO PUBLIC OFFERING OF SECURITIES IS BEING MADE IN THE UNITED STATES.
EACH PLACEE SHOULD CONSULT WITH ITS OWN ADVISERS AS TO LEGAL, TAX, BUSINESS AND RELATED ASPECTS OF AN INVESTMENT IN PLACING SHARES. THE PRICE OF SHARES AND THE INCOME FROM THEM (IF ANY) MAY GO DOWN AS WELL AS UP AND INVESTORS MAY NOT GET BACK THE FULL AMOUNT INVESTED ON DISPOSAL OF SHARES.
The relevant clearances have not been, nor will they be, obtained from the securities commission of any province or territory of Canada; no prospectus has been lodged with or registered by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission or the Japanese Ministry of Finance or the South African Reserve Bank; and the Placing Shares have not been, nor will they be, registered under or offered in compliance with the securities laws of any state, province or territory of Australia, Canada, Japan, the Republic of Ireland or the Republic of South Africa. Accordingly, the Placing Shares may not (unless an exemption under the relevant securities laws is applicable) be offered, sold, resold or delivered, directly or indirectly, in or into Australia, Canada, Japan, the Republic of Ireland, the Republic of South Africa or any other jurisdiction in which such offer, sale, resale or delivery would be unlawful.
Solely for the purposes of the product governance requirements contained within: (a) Articles 16(3) and 24(2) of EU Directive 2014/65/EU on markets in financial instruments, as amended ("MiFID II"); Articles 9 and 10 of Commission Delegated Directive (EU) 2017/593 supplementing MiFID II; and local implementing measures (together, the "MiFID II Product Governance Requirements"), and disclaiming all and any liability, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, which any "manufacturer" and/or "distributor" (for the purposes of the MiFID II Product Governance Requirements) may otherwise have with respect thereto, the Placing Shares have been subject to a product approval process, which has determined that the Placing Shares are: (i) compatible with an end target market of: (a) investors who meet the criteria of professional clients and (b) eligible counterparties (each as defined in MiFID II); and (ii) eligible for distribution through all distribution channels as are permitted by MiFID II (the "Target Market Assessment"). Notwithstanding the Target Market Assessment, distributors should note that: the price of the Placing Shares may decline and investors could lose all or part of their investment; the Placing Shares offer no guaranteed income and no capital protection; and an investment in the Placing Shares is compatible only with investors who do not need a guaranteed income or capital protection, who (either alone or in conjunction with an appropriate financial or other adviser) are capable of evaluating the merits and risks of such an investment and who have sufficient resources to be able to bear any losses that may result therefrom. The Target Market Assessment is without prejudice to the requirements of any contractual, legal or regulatory selling restrictions in relation to the offer.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Target Market Assessment does not constitute: (a) an assessment of suitability or appropriateness for the purposes of MiFID II and/or the FCA Handbook of rules and guidance; or (b) a recommendation to any investor or group of investors to invest in, or purchase, or take any other action whatsoever with respect to the Placing Shares.
Persons (including, without limitation, nominees and trustees) who have a contractual or other legal obligation to forward a copy of this Appendix or the Announcement of which it forms part should seek appropriate advice before taking any action.
These terms and conditions apply to persons making an offer to acquire Placing Shares. Each Placee hereby agrees with the Broker and the Company to be bound by these terms and conditions as being the terms and conditions upon which Placing Shares will be issued or acquired. A Placee shall, without limitation, become so bound if the Broker confirms to such Placee its allocation of Placing Shares.
Upon being notified of its allocation of Placing Shares, a Placee shall be contractually committed to acquire the number of Placing Shares allocated to it at the Placing Price and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, will be deemed to have agreed not to exercise any rights to rescind or terminate or otherwise withdraw from such commitment.
In this Appendix, unless the context otherwise requires, "Placee" means a Relevant Person (including individuals, funds or others) on whose behalf a commitment to subscribe for or acquire Placing Shares has been given.
Details of the Placing Agreement and the Placing Shares
The Broker and the Company have entered into a Placing Agreement, under which the Broker has, on the terms and subject to the conditions set out therein, undertaken to use its reasonable endeavours to procure subscribers for Placing Shares to raise, in aggregate, c.£900k in gross proceeds at a price of 0.9p per share (the "Placing Price"). The Placing is not being underwritten by the Broker or any other person.
The number of Placing Shares will be determined following completion of the Bookbuild as set out in this Announcement. The timing of the closing of the Bookbuild, the number of Placing Shares and allocations are at the discretion of the Broker and a further announcement confirming these details will be made in due course.
The Placing Shares will, when issued, be subject to the articles of association of the Company, will be credited as fully paid and will rank pari passu in all respects with the existing Ordinary Shares, including the right to receive all dividends and other distributions (if any) declared, made or paid on or in respect of Ordinary Shares after the date of issue of the Placing Shares.
The Placing Shares will trade on AIM under ANGS with ISIN GB00BYWKC989.
Application for admission to trading
Application will be made to London Stock Exchange for admission to trading of the Placing Shares on AIM. It is expected that settlement of any such shares and Admission will become effective on or around 30 September 2020 and that dealings in the Placing Shares will commence at that time.
The Broker will today commence an accelerated bookbuilding process to determine demand for participation in the Placing by potential Placees at the Placing Price. This Appendix gives details of the terms and conditions of, and the mechanics of participation in, the Placing. No commissions will be paid to Placees or by Placees in respect of any Placing Shares.
The Broker and the Company shall be entitled to effect the Placing by such alternative method to the Bookbuild as it may, in its sole discretion, determine.
Participation in, and the principal terms of, the Placing are as follows:
1. The Broker is arranging the Placing as agent for, and broker of, the Company.
2. Participation in the Placing is only available to persons who are lawfully able to be, and have been, invited to participate by the Broker. The Broker is entitled to participate in the Placing as principal.
3. The Bookbuild will establish the number of Placing Shares to be issued at the Placing Price, which will be agreed between the Broker and the Company following completion of the Bookbuild. The number of Placing Shares will be announced on a Regulatory Information Service following the completion of the Bookbuild.
4. To bid in the Bookbuild, prospective Placees should communicate their bid by telephone to their usual contact at the Broker. Each bid should state the number of Placing Shares which the prospective Placee wishes to subscribe for or purchase at the Placing Price. Bids may be scaled down by the Broker on the basis referred to in paragraph 8 below.
5. The timing of the closing of the Bookbuild will be at the discretion of the Broker. The Company reserves the right to reduce or seek to increase the amount to be raised pursuant to the Placing, in its absolute discretion.
6. Each Placee's allocation will be confirmed to Placees orally, or by email, by the Broker following the close of the Bookbuild and a trade confirmation or contract note will be dispatched as soon as possible thereafter. Oral or emailed confirmation from the Broker will give rise to an irrevocable, legally binding commitment by that person (who at that point becomes a Placee), in favour of the Broker and the Company, under which it agrees to acquire by subscription the number of Placing Shares allocated to it at the Placing Price and otherwise on the terms and subject to the conditions set out in this Appendix and in accordance with the Company's articles of association. Except with the Broker's consent, such commitment will not be capable of variation or revocation.
7. The Company will make a further announcement following the close of the Bookbuild detailing the number of Placing Shares to be issued at the Placing Price.
8. Subject to paragraphs 4 and 5 above, the Broker may choose not to accept bids and/or to accept bids, either in whole or in part, on the basis of allocations determined at their discretion (after consultation with the Company) and may scale down any bids for this purpose on such basis as it may determine. The Broker may also, notwithstanding paragraphs 4 and 5 above, subject to the prior consent of the Company, allocate Placing Shares after the time of any initial allocation to any person submitting a bid after that time.
9. A bid in the Bookbuild will be made on the terms and subject to the conditions in the Announcement (including this Appendix) and will be legally binding on the Placee on behalf of which it is made and except with the Broker's consent will not be capable of variation or revocation from the time at which it is submitted.
10. Except as required by applicable law or regulation, no press release or other announcement will be made by the Broker or the Company using the name of any Placee (or its agent), in its capacity as Placee (or agent), other than with such Placee's prior written consent.
11. Irrespective of the time at which a Placee's allocation pursuant to the Placing is confirmed, settlement for all Placing Shares to be acquired pursuant to the Placing will be required to be made at the same time, on the basis explained below under "Registration and Settlement".
12. All obligations of the Broker under the Placing will be subject to fulfilment of the conditions referred to below "Conditions of the Placing" and to the Placing not being terminated on the basis referred to below under "Right to terminate under the Placing Agreement".
13. By participating in the Placing, each Placee agrees that its rights and obligations in respect of the Placing will terminate only in the circumstances described below and will not be capable of rescission or termination by the Placee.
14. To the fullest extent permissible by law and the applicable rules of the Financial Conduct Authority, neither the Broker nor any of its affiliates shall have any liability to Placees (or to any other person whether acting on behalf of a Placee or otherwise whether or not a recipient of these terms and conditions) in respect of the Placing. Each Placee acknowledges and agrees that the Company is responsible for the allotment of the Placing Shares to the Placees and the Broker and its affiliates shall have no liability to the Placees for the failure of the Company to fulfil those obligations. In particular, neither the Broker nor any of its affiliates shall have any liability (including to the extent permissible by law, any fiduciary duties) in respect of the Broker's conduct of the Placing.
Conditions of the Placing
The Broker's obligations under the Placing Agreement in respect of the Placing Shares are conditional on, inter alia:
1. the release of this Announcement to a Regulatory Information Service by no later than 8am on 23 September 2020;
2. the application for Admission and all other documents required to be submitted with the application being delivered to the London Stock Exchange not later than 8.00 a.m. on 24 September 2020;
3. the delivery by the Company to the Broker of certain documents required under the Placing Agreement;
4. the Company having fully performed its obligations under the Placing Agreement to the extent that such obligations fall to be performed prior to Admission;
5. the issue and allotment of the Placing Shares, conditional only upon Admission, by 24 September 2020;
6. Admission taking place no later than 8.00 a.m. on 30 September 2020 or such later time as may be agreed between the Company and the Broker, not being later than 30 October 2020; and
7. the Placing Agreement not having been terminated by the Broker in accordance with its terms.
If: (i) any of the conditions contained in the Placing Agreement, including those described above, are not fulfilled or (where applicable) waived by the Broker by the respective time or date where specified (or such later time or date as the Broker may notify to the Company); (ii) any of such conditions becomes incapable of being fulfilled; or (iii) the Placing Agreement is terminated in the circumstances specified below, the Placing will not proceed and the Placees' rights and obligations hereunder in relation to the Placing Shares shall cease and terminate at such time and each Placee agrees that no claim can be made by the Placee in respect thereof.
The Broker may, at its discretion and upon such terms as it thinks fit, waive, or extend the period for, compliance by the Company with the whole or any part of any of the Company's obligations in relation to the conditions in the Placing Agreement save that the condition relating to Admission taking place may not be waived. Any such extension or waiver will not affect Placees' commitments as set out in this Announcement.
Neither the Broker, the Company nor any of their respective affiliates shall have any liability to any Placee (or to any other person whether acting on behalf of a Placee or otherwise) in respect of any decision they may make as to whether or not to waive or to extend the time and/or date for the satisfaction of any condition to the Placing nor for any decision they may make as to the satisfaction of any condition or in respect of the Placing generally and, by participating in the Placing, each Placee agrees that any such decision is within the absolute discretion of the Broker.
Right to terminate the Placing Agreement
The Broker is entitled, at any time before Admission, to terminate the Placing Agreement by giving notice to the Company in certain circumstances, including, inter alia, if before Admission:
1. the Company has failed to comply with its obligations under the Placing Agreement, or with the requirements of any applicable laws or regulations (including the Market Abuse Regulation and the AIM Rules) in relation to the Placing;
2. the Broker becomes aware of any circumstance which results in a breach of any of the warranties given in the Placing Agreement when given at the date of the Placing Agreement or which results in or might in the reasonable opinion of the Broker result in a material breach of any of the warranties when deemed given;
3. the appointment of the Broker as agent of the Company is terminated for whatever reason;
4. it should come to the notice of the Broker that any statement contained in any of the Issue Documents (as defined in the Placing Agreement) has become or been discovered to be untrue, inaccurate or misleading which the Broker (acting reasonably) considers to be material and such matter has not been addressed by the publication of a further document or the making of an announcement, as required by the Broker;
5. in the reasonable opinion of the Broker any material adverse change in the financial or trading position or prospects of the Company or any Group Company has or will occur;
6. Admission may, in the reasonable opinion of the Broker, be detrimental to the ordinary operation or reputation of AIM; or
7. an event or other matter (including, without limitation, any change or development in economic, financial, political, monetary or other market conditions has occurred or is likely to occur which, in the reasonable opinion of the Broker, is or is likely to materially and prejudicially affect the financial position or the business or prospects of the Company or materially and adversely affects, or is likely to be prejudicial to, the Placing or Admission or the subscription for Placing Shares by Placees.
The rights and obligations of the Placees will not be subject to termination by the Placees or any prospective Placees at any time or in any circumstances. By participating in the Placing, Placees agree that the exercise by the Broker of any right of termination or other discretion under the Placing Agreement shall be within the absolute discretion of the Broker and that the Broker need not make any reference to Placees in this regard and that neither the Broker nor any of its respective affiliates shall have any liability to Placees whatsoever in connection with any such exercise or failure so to exercise.
No Admission Document or Prospectus
The Placing Shares are being offered to a limited number of specifically invited persons only and have not been nor will be offered in such a way as to require the publication of an admission document or prospectus in the United Kingdom or any equivalent document in any other jurisdiction. No offering document, admission document or prospectus has been or will be submitted to be approved by the FCA or the London Stock Exchange in relation to the Placing, and Placees' commitments will be made solely on the basis of the information contained in the Announcement (including this Appendix) and the business and financial information that the Company is required to publish in accordance with the AIM Rules (the "Exchange Information"). Each Placee, by accepting a participation in the Placing, agrees that the content of this Announcement is exclusively the responsibility of the Company and confirms that it has not relied on any other information (other than the Exchange Information), representation, warranty, or statement made by or on behalf of the Company or the Broker or any other person and neither the Broker, the Company nor any other person will be liable for any Placee's decision to participate in the Placing based on any other information, representation, warranty or statement which the Placees may have obtained or received and, if given or made, such information, representation, warranty or statement must not be relied upon as having been authorised by the Broker, the Company or their respective officers, directors, employees or agents. Each Placee acknowledges and agrees that it has relied on its own investigation of the business, financial or other position of the Company in accepting a participation in the Placing. Neither the Company nor the Broker are making any undertaking or warranty to any Placee regarding the legality of an investment in the Placing Shares by such Placee under any legal, investment or similar laws or regulations. Each Placee should not consider any information in this Announcement to be legal, tax or business advice. Each Placee should consult its own solicitor, tax adviser and financial adviser for independent legal, tax and financial advice regarding an investment in the Placing Shares. Nothing in this paragraph shall exclude the liability of any person for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Registration and Settlement
Following the close of the Bookbuild, each Placee allocated Placing Shares in the Placing will be sent a trade confirmation or contract note in accordance with the standing arrangements in place with the Broker, stating the number of Placing Shares allocated to it at the Placing Price, the aggregate amount owed by such Placee (in GBP) and a form of confirmation in relation to settlement instructions.
Each Placee will be deemed to agree that it will do all things necessary to ensure that delivery and payment is completed as directed by the Broker in accordance with the standing CREST settlement instructions which they have in place with the Broker.
Settlement of transactions in the Placing Shares (ISIN: GB00BYWKC989) following Admission will take place within the system administered by Euroclear UK & Ireland Limited ("CREST") provided that, subject to certain exceptions, the Broker reserves the right to require settlement for, and delivery of, the Placing Shares (or a portion thereof) to Placees by such other means that it deems necessary if delivery or settlement is not possible or practicable within CREST within the timetable set out in this Announcement or would not be consistent with the regulatory requirements in any Placee's jurisdiction.
It is expected that settlement will be on 30 September 2020 in accordance with the instructions set out inthe form of confirmation.
Interest is chargeable daily on payments not received from Placees on the due date in accordance with the arrangements set out above at the rate of 4 percentage points above the prevailing LIBOR rate as determined by W.H. Ireland Limited.
Each Placee is deemed to agree that, if it does not comply with these obligations, the Broker may sell any or all of the Placing Shares allocated to that Placee on such Placee's behalf and retain from the proceeds, for the Broker's account and benefit (as agent for the Company), an amount equal to the aggregate amount owed by the Placee plus any interest due. The relevant Placee will, however, remain liable and shall indemnify the Broker on demand for any shortfall below the aggregate amount owed by it and may be required to bear any stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax or securities transfer tax (together with any interest or penalties) which may arise upon the sale of such Placing Shares on such Placee's behalf. By communicating a bid for Placing Shares, each Placee confers on the Broker such authorities and powers necessary to carry out any such sale and agrees to ratify and confirm all actions which the Broker lawfully takes in pursuance of such sale. Legal and/or beneficial title in and to any Placing Shares shall not pass to the relevant Placee until it has fully complied with its obligations hereunder.
If Placing Shares are to be delivered to a custodian or settlement agent, Placees should ensure that the form of confirmation is copied and delivered immediately to the relevant person within that organisation.
Insofar as Placing Shares are registered in a Placee's name or that of its nominee or in the name of any person for whom a Placee is contracting as agent or that of a nominee for such person, such Placing Shares should, subject as provided below, be so registered free from any liability to UK stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax or securities transfer tax. Neither the Broker nor the Company will be liable in any circumstances for the payment of stamp duty, stamp duty reserve tax or securities transfer tax in connection with any of the Placing Shares. Placees will not be entitled to receive any fee or commission in connection with the Placing.
Representations, Warranties and Further Terms
By participating in the Placing, each Placee (and any person acting on such Placee's behalf) makes the following representations, warranties, acknowledgements, agreements and undertakings (as the case may be) to the Broker (for itself and on behalf of the Company):
1. that it has read and understood this Announcement, including the Appendix, in its entirety and that its subscription for or purchase of Placing Shares is subject to and based upon all the terms, conditions, representations, warranties, acknowledgements, agreements and undertakings and other information contained herein and undertakes not to redistribute or duplicate this Announcement;
2. that its obligations are irrevocable and legally binding and shall not be capable of rescission or termination by it in any circumstances;
3. that the exercise by the Broker of any right or discretion under the Placing Agreement shall be within the absolute discretion of the Broker and the Broker need not have any reference to it and shall have no liability to it whatsoever in connection with any decision to exercise or not to exercise any such right and each Placee agrees that it has no rights against the Broker or the Company, or any of their respective officers, directors or employees, under the Placing Agreement pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999;
4. that these terms and conditions represent the whole and only agreement between it, the Broker and the Company in relation to its participation in the Placing and supersedes any previous agreement between any of such parties in relation to such participation. Accordingly, each Placee, in accepting its participation in the Placing, is not relying on any information or representation or warranty in relation to the Company or any of its subsidiaries or any of the Placing Shares other than as contained in this Announcement and the Exchange Information, such information being all that it deems necessary to make an investment decision in respect of the Placing Shares. Each Placee agrees that neither the Company, the Broker nor any of their respective officers, directors or employees will have any liability for any such other information, representation or warranty, express or implied;
5. that in the case of any Placing Shares acquired by it as a financial intermediary, as that term is used in Article 5(1) of the Prospectus Regulation, (i) the Placing Shares acquired by it in the Placing have not been acquired on behalf of, nor have they been acquired with a view to their offer or resale to, persons in any Member State of the European Economic Area which has implemented the Prospectus Regulation other than Qualified Investors or in circumstances in which the prior consent of the Broker has been given to the offer or resale; or (ii) where Placing Shares have been acquired by it on behalf of persons in any member state of the EEA other than Qualified Investors, the offer of those Placing Shares to it is not treated under the Prospectus Regulation as having been made to such persons;
6. that neither it nor, as the case may be, its clients expect the Broker to have any duties or responsibilities to such persons similar or comparable to the duties of "best execution" and "suitability" imposed by the FCA's Conduct of Business Source Book, and that the Broker is not acting for it or its clients, and that the Broker will not be responsible for providing the protections afforded to customers of the Broker or for providing advice in respect of the transactions described herein;
7. that it has made its own assessment of the Placing Shares and has relied on its own investigation of the business, financial or other position of the Company in accepting a participation in the Placing and that it shall not be entitled to rely upon any material regarding the Placing Shares or the Company (if any) that the Broker or the Company or any of their respective affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees or any person acting on behalf of any of them has provided, other than the information in this Announcement and the Exchange Information; nor has it requested any of the Broker, the Company or any of their respective affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees or any person acting on behalf of any of them to provide it with any such information;
8. that it is: (i) unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Broker, located outside the United States and is not a US person as defined in Regulation S under the Securities Act ("Regulation S") and is subscribing for and/or purchasing the Placing Shares only in "offshore transactions" as defined in and pursuant to Regulation S, and (ii) it is not subscribing for and/or purchasing Placing Shares as a result of any "directed selling efforts" as defined in Regulation S or by means of any form of "general solicitation" or "general advertising" as such terms are defined in Regulation D under the Securities Act;
9. that the Placing Shares have not been and will not be registered under the Securities Act, or under the securities legislation of, or with any securities regulatory authority of, any state or other jurisdiction of the United States and that, subject to certain exceptions, the Placing Shares may not be offered, sold, pledged, resold, transferred, delivered or distributed into or within the United States;
10. that neither the Broker or the Company or any of their respective affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees has made any representation or warranty to it, express or implied, with respect to the Company, the Placing or the Placing Shares or the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the Exchange Information.
11. that, unless specifically agreed with the Broker, it is not and was not acting on a non- discretionary basis for the account or benefit of a person located within the United States at the time the undertaking to subscribe for and/or purchase Placing Shares was given and it is not acquiring Placing Shares with a view to the offer, sale, resale, transfer, delivery or distribution, directly or indirectly, of any Placing Shares into the United States and it will not reoffer, resell, pledge or otherwise transfer the Placing Shares except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and otherwise in accordance with any applicable securities laws of any state or jurisdiction of the United States;
12. that it is not a national or resident of Canada, Australia, Ireland, South Africa or Japan or a corporation, partnership or other entity organised under the laws of Canada, Australia, the Republic of Ireland, the Republic of South Africa or Japan and that it will not offer, sell, renounce, transfer or deliver, directly or indirectly, any of the Placing Shares in Canada, Australia, the Republic of Ireland, the Republic of South Africa or Japan or to or for the benefit of any person resident in Canada, Australia, the Republic of Ireland, the Republic of South Africa or Japan and each Placee acknowledges that the relevant exemptions are not being obtained from the Securities Commission of any province of Canada, that no document has been or will be lodged with, filed with or registered by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission or Japanese Ministry of Finance and that the Placing Shares are not being offered for sale and may not be, directly or indirectly, offered, sold, transferred or delivered in or into Canada, Australia, the Republic of Ireland, the Republic South Africa or Japan;
13. that it does not have a registered address in, and is not a citizen, resident or national of, any jurisdiction in which it is unlawful to make or accept an offer of the Placing Shares and it is not acting on a non-discretionary basis for any such person;
14. that it has not, directly or indirectly, distributed, forwarded, transferred or otherwise transmitted, and will not, directly or indirectly, distribute, forward, transfer or otherwise transmit, any presentation or offering materials concerning the Placing or the Placing Shares to any persons within the United States or to any US persons (as that term is defined in Regulation S);
15. that it is entitled to subscribe for and/or purchase Placing Shares under the laws of all relevant jurisdictions which apply to it and that it has fully observed such laws and obtained all governmental and other consents which may be required thereunder or otherwise and complied with all necessary formalities and that it has not taken any action which will or may result in the Company or the Broker or any of their respective directors, officers, employees or agents acting in breach of any regulatory or legal requirements of any territory in connection with the Placing or its acceptance;
16. that it has obtained all necessary consents and authorities to enable it to give its commitment to subscribe for and/or purchase the Placing Shares and to perform its subscription and/or purchase obligations;
17. that where it is acquiring Placing Shares for one or more managed accounts, it is authorised in writing by each managed account: (a) to acquire the Placing Shares for each managed account; (b) to make on its behalf the representations, warranties, acknowledgements, undertakings and agreements in this Appendix and the Announcement of which it forms part; and (c), if applicable, to receive on its behalf any investment letter relating to the Placing in the form provided to it by the Broker;
18. that it is either: (a) a person of a kind described in paragraph 5 of Article 19 (persons having professional experience in matters relating to investments and who are investment professionals) of the Order; or (b) a person of a kind described in paragraph 2 of Article 49 (high net worth companies, unincorporated associations, partnerships or trusts or their respective directors, officers or employees) of the Order; or (c) a person to whom it is otherwise lawful for this Announcement to be communicated and in the case of (a) and (b) undertakes that it will acquire, hold, manage or dispose of any Placing Shares that are allocated to it for the purposes of its business;
19. that, unless otherwise agreed by the Broker, it is a Qualified Investor;
20. that, unless otherwise agreed by the Broker, it is a "professional client" or an "eligible counterparty" within the meaning of Chapter 3 of the FCA's Conduct of Business Sourcebook and it is purchasing Placing Shares for investment only and not with a view to resale or distribution;
21. it has only communicated or caused to be communicated and will only communicate or cause to be communicated any invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity (within the meaning of section 21 of FSMA) relating to the Placing Shares in circumstances in which section 21(1) of FSMA does not require approval of the communication by an authorised person;
22. that any money held in an account with the Broker (or its nominee) on its behalf and/or any person acting on its behalf will not be treated as client money within the meaning of the rules and regulations of the FCA. Each Placee further acknowledges that the money will not be subject to the protections conferred by the FCA's client money rules. As a consequence, this money will not be segregated from the Broker's (or its nominee's) money in accordance with such client money rules and will be used by the Broker in the course of its own business and each Placee will rank only as a general creditor of the Broker;
23. that it will (or will procure that its nominee will) if applicable, make notification to the Company of the interest in its ordinary shares in accordance with the Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules published by the FCA;
24. that it is not, and it is not acting on behalf of, a person falling within subsections (6), (7) or (8) of sections 67 or 70 respectively or subsections (2) and (3) of section 93 or subsection (1) of section 96 of the Finance Act 1986;
25. that it will not deal or cause or permit any other person to deal in all or any of the Placing Shares which it is subscribing for and/or purchasing under the Placing unless and until Admission becomes effective;
26. that it appoints irrevocably any director of the Broker as its agent for the purpose of executing and delivering to the Company and/or its registrars any document on its behalf necessary to enable it to be registered as the holder of the Placing Shares;
27. that, as far as it is aware, it is not acting in concert (within the meaning given in The City Code on Takeovers and Mergers) with any other person in relation to the Company;
28. that this Announcement does not constitute a securities recommendation or financial product advice and that neither the Broker nor the Company has considered its particular objectives, financial situation and needs;
29. that it has sufficient knowledge, sophistication and experience in financial, business and investment matters as is required to evaluate the merits and risks of subscribing for or purchasing the Placing Shares and is aware that it may be required to bear, and it, and any accounts for which it may be acting, are able to bear, the economic risk of, and is able to sustain, a complete loss in connection with the Placing;
30. that it will indemnify and hold the Company and the Broker and their respective affiliates harmless from any and all costs, claims, liabilities and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising out of or in connection with any breach of the representations, warranties, acknowledgements, agreements and undertakings in this Appendix and further agrees that the Company and the Broker will rely on the truth and accuracy of the confirmations, warranties, acknowledgements and undertakings herein and, if any of the foregoing is or becomes no longer true or accurate, the Placee shall promptly notify the Broker and the Company. All confirmations, warranties, acknowledgements and undertakings given by the Placee, pursuant to this Announcement (including this Appendix) are given to the Broker for itself and on behalf of the Company and will survive completion of the Placing and Admission;
31. that time shall be of the essence as regards obligations pursuant to this Appendix;
32. that it is responsible for obtaining any legal, financial, tax and other advice that it deems necessary for the execution, delivery and performance of its obligations in accepting the terms and conditions of the Placing, and that it is not relying on the Company or the Broker to provide any legal, financial, tax or other advice to it;
33. that all dates and times in this Announcement (including this Appendix) may be subject to amendment and that the Broker shall notify it of such amendments;
34. that (i) it has complied with its obligations under the Criminal Justice Act 1993, Part VIII of FSMA and the Market Abuse Regulation, (ii) in connection with money laundering and terrorist financing, it has complied with its obligations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (as amended), the Terrorism Act 2000 (as amended),the Terrorism Act 2006 and the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 and (iii) it is not a person: (a) with whom transactions are prohibited under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977 or any economic sanction programmes administered by, or regulations promulgated by, the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury; (b) named on the Consolidated List of Financial Sanctions Targets maintained by HM Treasury of the United Kingdom; or (c) subject to financial sanctions imposed pursuant to a regulation of the European Union or a regulation adopted by the United Nations (together, the "Regulations"); and, if making payment on behalf of a third party, that satisfactory evidence has been obtained and recorded by it to verify the identity of the third party as required by the Regulations and, if making payment on behalf of a third party, that satisfactory evidence has been obtained and recorded by it to verify the identity of the third party as required by the Regulations and has obtained all governmental and other consents (if any) which may be required for the purpose of, or as a consequence of, such purchase, and it will provide promptly to the Broker such evidence, if any, as to the identity or location or legal status of any person which the Broker may request from it in connection with the Placing (for the purpose of complying with such Regulations or ascertaining the nationality of any person or the jurisdiction(s) to which any person is subject or otherwise) in the form and manner requested by the Broker on the basis that any failure by it to do so may result in the number of Placing Shares that are to be subscribed for and/or purchased by it or at its direction pursuant to the Placing being reduced to such number, or to nil, as the Broker may decide in its absolute discretion;
35. that it will not make any offer to the public within the meaning of the Prospectus Regulation of those Placing Shares to be subscribed for and/or purchased by it;
36. that it will not distribute any document relating to the Placing Shares and it will be acquiring the Placing Shares for its own account as principal or for a discretionary account or accounts (as to which it has the authority to make the statements set out herein) for investment purposes only and it does not have any contract, understanding or arrangement with any person to sell, pledge, transfer or grant a participation therein to such person or any third person with respect of any Placing Shares; save that that if it is a private client stockbroker or fund manager it confirms that in purchasing the Placing Shares it is acting under the terms of one or more discretionary mandates granted to it by private clients and it is not acting on an execution only basis or under specific instructions to purchase the Placing Shares for the account of any third party;
37. that it acknowledges that these terms and conditions and any agreements entered into by it pursuant to these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and it submits (on behalf of itself and on behalf of any person on whose behalf it is acting) to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as regards any claim, dispute or matter arising out of any such contract, except that enforcement proceedings in respect of the obligation to make payment for the Placing Shares (together with any interest chargeable thereon) may be taken by the Company or the Broker in any jurisdiction in which the relevant Placee is incorporated or in which its assets are located or any of its securities have a quotation on a recognised stock exchange;
38. that any documents sent to Placees will be sent at the Placees' risk. They may be sent by post to such Placees at an address notified to the Broker;
39. that the Broker owes no fiduciary or other duties to any Placee in respect of any representations, warranties, undertakings or indemnities in the Placing Agreement;
40. that the Broker or its respective affiliates may, at their absolute discretion, agree to become a Placee in respect of some or all of the Placing Shares;
41. that no prospectus or offering document has been or will be prepared in connection with the Placing and it has not received and will not receive a prospectus or other offering document in connection with the Placing or the Placing Shares; and
42. that if it has received any confidential price sensitive information concerning the Company in advance of the publication of this Announcement, it has not: (i) dealt in the securities of the Company; (ii) encouraged, required, recommended or induced another person to deal in the securities of the Company; or (iii) disclosed such information to any person, prior to such information being made publicly available.
The Company, the Broker and their respective affiliates will rely upon the truth and accuracy of each of the foregoing representations, warranties, acknowledgements and undertakings which are given to each Broker for itself and on behalf of the Company and are irrevocable.
The provisions of this Appendix may be waived, varied or modified as regards specific Placees or on a general basis by the Broker.
The agreement to settle a Placee's subscription and/or purchase (and/or the subscription of a person for whom such Placee is contracting as agent) free of stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax depends on the settlement relating only to a subscription by it and/or such person direct from the Company for the Placing Shares in question. Such agreement assumes that the Placing Shares are not being subscribed for in connection with arrangements to issue depositary receipts or to transfer the Placing Shares into a clearance service. If there are any such arrangements, or the settlement relates to any other subsequent dealing in the Placing Shares, stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax may be payable, for which neither the Company or the Broker will be responsible, and the Placee to whom (or on behalf of whom, or in respect of the person for whom it is participating in the Placing as an agent or nominee) the allocation, allotment, issue or delivery of Placing Shares has given rise to such UK stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax undertakes to pay such UK stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax forthwith and to indemnify on an after-tax basis and to hold harmless the Company and the Broker in the event that any of the Company and/or the Broker have incurred any such liability to UK stamp duty or stamp duty reserve tax. If this is the case, each Placee should seek its own advice and notify the Broker accordingly.
In addition, Placees should note that they will be liable for any stamp duty and all other stamp, issue, securities, transfer, registration, documentary or other duties or taxes (including any interest, fines or penalties relating thereto) payable outside the UK by them or any other person on the subscription orpurchase by them of any Placing Shares or the agreement by them to subscribe for or purchase any Placing Shares.
This Announcement has been issued by, and is the sole responsibility, of the Company. No representation or warranty express or implied, is or will be made as to, or in relation to, and no responsibility or liability is or will be accepted by the Broker or by any of its respective affiliates or agents as to or in relation to, the accuracy or completeness of this Announcement or any other written or oral information made available to or publicly available to any interested party or its advisers, and any liability therefore is expressly disclaimed.
the admission of the Placing Shares to trading on AIM becoming effective in accordance with the AIM Rules
the market of that name operated by the London Stock
the AIM Rules for Companies, published by London Stock
Exchange from time to time
this announcement (including the Appendix which forms
part of this announcement)
the accelerated bookbuilding to be conducted by the Broker
pursuant to the Placing Agreement and this Announcement
WH Ireland Limited
the European Economic Area
the Financial Conduct Authority
the Company and its existing subsidiaries and subsidiary
"London Stock Exchange"
London Stock Exchange plc
"Market Abuse Regulation"
the Market Abuse Regulation (2014/596/EU) (incorporating the technical standards, delegated regulations and guidance notes, published by the European Commission, London Stock Exchange, the FCA and the European Securities and Markets
ordinary shares of £0.002 pence each in the capital of the
"Regulatory Information Service"
one of the regulatory information services authorised by the FCA acting in its capacity as the UK listing authority to receive, process and disseminate regulatory information
the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended