I'd expect to see a rerun of last Friday with a rebound up towards £1.30 - £1.33 should no RNS arrive. The pattern last week was very much like this week, with a drop of 15p from £1.25 to £1.10 before ending the week at £1.31. Time will tell...and all bets are off if we get some decent RNS news.
Clearly there seem to be a good few holders who are willing to trade a % of their holding each day...and it seems to be working for many, including those who sell at the end of day in the knowledge (but actually just an expectation) that they will grab them back the next morning for an approx 5% lower price. It will be very interesting to see if that works tomorrow morning now that we’ve closed below £1.20. Trading like this is not for me, but I guess you pays your money you takes your chances.
Not invested here, but intrigued to see the two opposing opinions of the RNS. Does appear that spread bet shorters like Greens43 are the more worried camp for now. Should be interesting to see how it plays out, but I cannot see why a positive day should not transpire.
It would of course be possible that a very kind employer would ensure the issue of shares through an EMI scheme was executed prior to an announcement that was anticipated to cause a rise in the SP...nice bosses would surely do that, wouldn't they?
Very clearly stressing the benefit of Affimers due to the world shortage of testing reagents, and also BAMS as an appropriate alternative means of testing due to the ready supply of kit in all hospitals. Sounds extremely positive as you'd be most unlikely to be pointing all this out if your projects were not on track.
Not looked in much at all today, and having just done so, the only two things I note are: 1. that the trading volume seems very, very low (hopefully a sign that the game players have moved elsewhere) and 2. i've got quite a few green boxes, so I guess we still have some unwanted posters. Good luck to all holders for the rest of this month.
TW???.....Posted at 10:20...."Really, Ophidian? That is rather like saying an LFD is similar to an MS and we both know this is not true. I'm away from now until tomorrow morning. GL all. ...and back again by12:31...not really someone in which you'd place any trust, unless we are already into tomorrow morning. Or can they simply not tell the time? Who knows? Who cares?
It's only one tiny sell, but looks like you spoke to soon LB28...the bid just dropped. lol.
Only just checked in as I was buying, so now time to check out for a few hours and occupy myself elsewhere.....too much trivial stuff to weed through again today, albeit slightly less than yesterday. I'm sure some decent news updates will change all that.
With respect, it would appear that tempers seem to getting rather worn out, but I'd suggest that this should simply be due to a deteriorating SP and should be nothing to do with false expectations of news at any one point in time. There is nothing worse than watching your investment reduce in value day after day, and that is what we've witnessed for the last few days.
Although we are all hoping for the next RNS to appear soon, there is no need for it to be today....last week's RNS covered the update that many were expecting on the back of the "end of June" promise of news. The Cytiva antigen tests works, but they are now optimising the rates of sensitivity and specificity.
We may still get some news on the optimisation of the Cytiva test, the BAMS test with Adeptrix, other partnerships or even another collaboration using the Affimers to neutralise Covid-19, but when any of these will occur is anyone's guess. In the meantime those with a mind to do so will use every tool at their disposal to relieve you of your shares in order to make their living. We all know how they work, so you need to make your own choices and the first one I've made is to question why I invested in Avacta and consider whether anything has changed. With this in mind, I feel happy to have a dded twice yesterday and will continue to add in small amounts for as long as the SP stays at these levels.
Nothing has changed with Avacta that can be considered a negative, in fact, it's exactly the opposite, therefore I believe my investment decision is more sound than ever. Today may be another day like yesterday, it all depends on what level the opportunists decide is sufficient....if that's the case, I'll just ignore the noise and decide how much more to invest, as Covid-19 numbers of infection reached a record high yesterday and the WHO is issuing further warnings about what is still to come.
Testing...and testing for antigens with a rapid, highly specific test, is going to be key. Bring on Avacta.