RE: EGM and Share buyback ( RNS OUT)02 Oct 2019 11:31
Good morning Candybelle. We nearly moved to Northampton some years back but I couldn't tear myself away from the Black Country. Live in Stourbridge now-about as posh as the Black Country gets. Was relying on MTR to buy me a move up the social ladder! At the current rate of progress I'll be lucky if it buys me an ice cream!
RE: EGM and Share buyback ( RNS OUT)01 Oct 2019 10:41
I've not been involved in a share buyback before, so no idea what to expect. According to the recent RNS the NAV end of June was 1.7p. Assuming that figure is roughly unchanged, can we expect MTR to buy in the market until either they have spent the money they allocate to the buyback or until the sp reaches 1.7p (or whatever their target price is)? How much are they likely to allocate-anybody care to make a stab at a figure ?
I can't see the point of a share consolidation-it didn't do MOD much good. Consolidations are frequently associated with failing/stagnating companies and MTR is neither. Nonetheless they would risk being tarred with one of those brushes. The SP will rise on positive news concerning 1 or more of the company's assets. I think what we need is news of substance not window dressing, which might cause a spike and present speculators with an opportunity for a quick profit rather than add real value for real investors. Sorry if this comes across a bit argumentative but diplomacy was never my strong suit!
Looks like a healthy divergence of opinions on the subject. I doubt the company will actually go for a buyback, but time will tell.. If the company can get the sp moving we can all make personal decisions on when to sell, which is my preferred scenario.
But wouldn't we be better served by the company using its assets to finance more investments or progress existing ones rather than handing cash back to s/holders? Am I correct in assuming a buyback would be at the then current market price. If so the sp has a long way to go before I'd be interested. I really want the sp to get over 3p before I'd consider selling a portion of my shares and isn't making the assets work inside the company the best way to achieve that ?
Depends whether anybody else is in the market I suppose. Just because something is cheap doesn't mean anyone has to buy it. If no other co is wanting a copper project/mine in Botswana then MOD is stuck with SFR, who get a bargain.
Some posters on MOD's Hot Copper board arguing that SFR's offer seriously undervalues MOD-based on MOD's previously released NPV values and the value used by SFR- and urging holders to vote against. Not a MOD holder myself but interesting nonetheless. Does it just need a simple majority one way or the other to decide or is there a specific % needed to ensure acceptance? Not long to wait now.
RE: This is testing my patience...10 Sep 2019 13:56
I didn't see Joebop's comments as insulting-at worst a little insensitive in that some may not have been in a position to take advantage of the apparent bargain presented by MOD's SP. As for gripes, my earlier post was just a bit of a light hearted whinge as I don't really have any about MTR (in their current form) but rather with MOD for going down the mine route only to find they couldn't finance it. Why couldn't they have carried on drilling to maximise the value of their wider land holding. Now they've had to practically give it away with the result that MTR's 30% share has also failed to realise its full potential . Hopefully MTR will have learned from the MOD experience and manage things differently with the KML and Cobre investments and we investors will have also learned something over the past few years and also not make the same mistakes again. That's not to say we won't makes some different ones of course!
Shouldn't we be getting some assay results soon from the KML drilling? Hopefully, again, those will give our SP a boost .
That will be the case if SFR shares get back to the price-almost A$7-they were at when the offer was made public. If SFR shares stay where they are now-A$5.8ish-MOD holders will only get the equivalent of 38c/shr ,(unless they opt for the 25%cash which will be at 45c/shr) so I don't think Credit Suisse have doubled their stake in MOD just to make a few cents come October. That's the way I see it anyway but I'm just speculating-who really knows?