RE: who got some cheap seats before take off23 Jun 2021 15:20
Been awful quiet from some in here today, where has the doom squad gone? Busy trying to buy? Best of luck there. Come on Jac, not got a dig for us to chuckle at today? Nvm, I'm enjoying the serenity :)
Agree about the CEO ElephantInvest, the tie in with BC (& Cytiva) and MH, together with achieving successful PHE tender and by the look of it (let's see) UNICEF along with ongoing product development are just what I personally wanted to see to take this business forward. More pieces of the puzzle to await, but it's on the right track imo
Any chance of a source for your price comparison please Jaceorge, or is that just pulled out of thin air? If possible accounting for "Up to a 50% reduction in the use of tips and 96 well plates than other RT-PCR kits" (ref BC) and improved workflow efficiency / lab time?
I'm sure Beckman Coulter researched this thoroughly, and will adjust the price point if need be (per last presentation it is currently high margin). If you know differently I dare say they'd be super keen for your opinion.
So, how does a post suggesting influenza isn't tested for get likes? No offence to the guy posting, he said he didn't know (research eh). Rhetorical of course, we all (should) know the game being played out here.
RE: Sentiment across covid testing stocks22 Jun 2021 16:47
Not debating that in general Coldspy, but the converse here is that we know what will happen if for example that FDA EUA lands in a 7am RNS. No way I'd be able to buy my holding back in that situation at where I'd like it. I am diversified but keeping my core holding here for that reason (well, and that it's a co with multiple deals and excellent products at what could be a transformational stage).
I don't have any special knowledge, but given the Cov 96 kit's excellent performance in other approvals and studies I take the view that it's only a matter of an (admittedly dull!) wait
Oh I don't disagree that we want to hear. Two routes being taken too (saliva and swab), be good to get an update I agree (PoC and not just for Covid is such an exciting field right now and will be going forward imo)
Well, we were heavily punished and continue to be for that delay, so whilst I'm confident it will come I don't think this is an especially tricky place now (by which I mean it would be if we hadn't already been heavily dropped for it). It's an estimate/forecast rather than a 'deadline' btw.
Pretty sure BC will have calculated precisely where the correct price point should be. (A rough calculation anyone can do shows the margin between kit cost per test to labs and how much PCR's are being charged for, and it seems to me to have plenty of room)
RE: Watch for the "Tipping Point"21 Jun 2021 14:15
Add in CE-mark (and a few other areas, Malaysia and SA if I recall for completeness) on 1 there Stephen11. (And CE for HCV & AIHL)
Seems if UNICEF supply site is to be believed there's an LTA lurking with UNICEF on the HCV too?
3 products in PHE (From RNS "All of genedrive's currently available and CE marked products fall within the framework agreement: Genedrive® 96 SARS-CoV-2 Kit, Genedrive® HCV ID Kit, Genedrive® MT-RNR1 ID Kit")