If you would like to put a question forward to our webinar guest speakers Sapan Ghai, CCO at Sovereign Metals, Will Holland, CEO at Europa Oil & Gas and Rick Guiney, CEO at MicroSalt please submit them here.
Dreamboat it's my understanding that they are in a closed period also. To reiterate, I believe multiple entities were waiting for the revised PFS numbers before deciding whether to proceed, and with very favourable numbers I'm confident they'll begin the bidding process. I think we're talking days or weeks rather than months before we hear. It's possible we'll hear about JV announcements aside from Cascabel in parallel, although that's just my personal opinion. All in all, a very exciting time!
I think another major plus is deciding not to use rail to get the concentrate to port, or to bury a pipeline alongside the existing railway line. Capex will be greatly reduced making the business case even more compelling.
So why is the SP rising? I would assume they've heard the same message as I have, and that's multiple entities were waiting for the revised PFS before making an offer for Casabel (or indeed the company), that will conclude the Strategic review. News coming soon in my opinion. Exciting times ahead.
Orthen people comment according to their position, in or out, long or short. I never pay attention to anyone else (certainly not a BB) but myself whilst realising that just because I think I'm right. It doesn't necessarily mean I am. Only time will tell.
i look at it that directors wouldn't have still be buying shares at late as last october, around 10p i think, if they weren't confident of the outcome. scott has been criticised for his open ended strategic review but let's not forget he has millions of shares so like other insiders like bob and nick, they have a lot more to lose than us.
so i'll go against the negativity and believe there's a big difference from us thinking they are doing nothing and them actually doing nothing. personally i think the pfs will be out a lot sooner than the maximum of 6 weeks stated. i also believe the strategic review, at least in part must be delivered by the end of q2. that could mean them divesting themselves of all assets not associated with cascabel, or selling part or all of ot instead, or indeed the whole company. but divesting themselves of assets is the only way to give them a decent financial runway moving forward.
one or two pieces of positive news will make everyone feel more at ease. i'm giving in until the end of q2 at least, but i'm risk adverse, so if i lose everything so be it. i know some on here think i know nothing but i assure everyone, the last thing i'd ever do is give a **** what they say or think. good luck to those who choose to stay and see how this plays out.
Looks like we'll have to wait for a morning RNS as the website only allows you to search for news until the end of January.
Bozi I agree, to suggest a strategic review can be completed over a lunch is simply naive. It's fine saying they must sell Cascabel, but even if they do, they must decide what they would sell it for, does this fund more exploration, what happens to Porvenir, Blanca-Nieves etc, or of the PFS has a lower entry to develop, whether you sell the other assets instead. There are so many variables..that's surely WHY they are doing the strategic review? Either way, I'm sorry but it's not done over a lunch.
Well you're making the assumption there's no strategic review on the fact there's only one asset, and there's multiple assets, which is the purpose of the review..what to develop, what to JV, what to sell, or whether to sell everything. Just my opinion, you are all welcome to have yours, that the review is fictional.
As of last month "we continue to progress various initiatives, including the strategic review" Why do you say there isn't one?
Fort I would agree with all you say. My understanding from two weeks ago was that they thought the PFS would be released in a fortnight, that would be tomorrow. However, with leaks usually abound judging by the SP one would have to assume tomorrow looks extremely unlikely. From what I understand they were awaiting some sort of final sign off, which again I assume is out of their control? It makes so sense at all to release the MD&A before the PFS as they're obviously interlinked. Let's hope your prediction is correct and they are released together early Thursday. Who knows. If it's not signed off in time I suppose there's little they can do??
Bandit at least we don't get those outrageous ramping messages here, you know the ones..'big news coming here! Buy in soon and bring a trolley with you for those multiple bags' How's that share going for you by the way, you know that one with those 300m shares to churn, you know that one you're actually invested in?
BBG Not sure the timescales fit with your scenarios. Its my understanding the PFS will be out next Wednesday so if there is a bid it'll have to be quick for it not to see the light of day lol. And i would assume the sale of Porvenir would be more likely to be included in the strategic review rather than related to the PFS? However it plays out there seems plenty on the table for SOLG to monetise one or more of their assets in the near term, if not the company itself, and as you point out, when the SP moves..it moves quickly.