Shanta Gold's CEO explains the Q2 production shortfall and emphasises the cashflow strength of SGH. Watch the full video here.
Apologies if already posted.
"Encouraging results from a Phase 1 study suggests some patients with advanced brain cancer who are EB1-positive could benefit from the first-ever targeted brain cancer treatment". Reference is made to the following article:
Cutting edge stuff and PYC is in the vanguard with its virtual tumor technology. Exciting times ahead. GLA.
Fair enough, Steve. I guess we all want our share investments to go stratospheric in record time, but that just simply never happens (at least not for me). SAR is a good example. I first bought in there at 0.9p 7 years ago, and watched my investment go down to 0.25p. I was gutted, but held on. Today it's around the 7p mark. Basically, you have to take the rough with the smooth and be ever patient. There's too much 'short-termism' (if that's a word) in the psyche of PIs these days - they want their profit and they want it NOW!! I really believe in PYC and think it will come good in the end. The daily ups and downs are really irrelevant if your target price is many multiples of today's SP. Anyway, all best with your future trades (especially with SAR, in which we both have a stake!).
Steve, did you by any chance go onto the Sareum or Corcel boards (both down well over 3% today) to express your disappointment, or was it just this board you thought you would try to unnerve with your negativity? Need I say more???????
Aber, indeed. Par for the course, I'm afraid. Still, if one is holding for 30p/40p/etc., these day-to-day gyrations are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The mms will try to weaken our resolve, but when you've held for years, days/weeks are irrelevant. GLA.
Ahfam, good post (as always).
Just a minor correction. The Kymab/Sanofi deal was for $1.45 billion (not GBP).
"Sanofi and Kymab, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing fully human monoclonal antibodies with a focus on immune-mediated diseases and immuno-oncology therapeutics, have entered into an agreement under which Sanofi will acquire Kymab for an upfront payment of approximately $1.1 billion and up to $350 million upon achievement of certain milestones." Just wanted to clarify for the sake of accuracy. We're still talking big numbers, though!
So, yesterday, there was a sell at 6.50p for 230,930 shares. I was surprised that the price hardly moved at the time, until later when the MMs chose to drop the bid quite considerably. It was made to appear that the sizeable sell was somehow a precursor to a large exodus. Then, today, a sizable buy (230,607 at 6.50p) appears. It looks for all the world like a 'bed and isa' (albeit a day later) but made to look like someone divesting shares. All of these shenanigans points to one thing - a rerate is imminent. I may be wrong, but I've seen it many times before. My advice - fwiw - is don't be fooled into selling. The game's afoot and we're in play.
The silence regarding Agile is a little bewildering, as it would appear there is some urgency required in finding a treatment for the worst effects of Covid. The results from 1/7 RNS would seem to suggest that acceptance into the Agile program would/should have been a formality. There are four reasons that I can think of for the delay:
1) The change of leadership at the Health Ministry has delayed any decision-making. SJ doesn't want to be tainted by any lingering doubts over MH's potential sleaze, and so is treading carefully.
2) Sareum have been asked to contribute to the costs involved in taking SDC-1801 into clinical trials, hence today's RNS (guaranteeing a further 180,000 GBP to be used for precisely that reason, and similar to the last government award, where we were awarded 174,000 GBP but asked to contribute 64,000 GBP to the overall costs). A kind of 'skin-in-the-game' commitment.
3) They're still working on any potential toxicity issues - is it really safe?
4) Sareum have been approached, and a takeover deal is being thrashed out as we speak, hence the radio silence.
There are probably a host of other reasons for the delay, but as each day passes it seems it provides fodder for the MMs to lower the price and flush out weak hands. AIMHO.
If Sareum's sp is to reach the dizzy heights that some on here are predicting, we need new blood to reinforce the narrative. So let's persuade our new investors/posters to buy/hold for the long term with convincing arguments, and not be too dismissive of those that proffer contrarian views. Let's face it, on paper, Sareum's sp has risen from c.0.25p per share to 9.55p in 14 months. That's one hell of a bull run! If you were new to Sareum, wouldn't you be wary? The trick is to engage new blood and not alienate people from questioning the narrative. Welcome them, convince them - don't belittle them.
Have been wondering about who our secret investor might be, as well. Stumbled across Richard Griffiths, "founder of ORA Capital Partners Ltd. and Evolution Capital Ltd., he is a businessperson who has been at the head of 6 different companies and currently occupies the position of Chairman of Sarossa Plc, Chairman of Blake Holdings Ltd. (Jersey) and Executive Chairman at ORA Capital Partners Ltd.
In his past career he occupied the position of Chairman for Sarossa Capital Ltd., Chairman for Evolution Capital Ltd. and Executive Chairman for The Evolution Group Plc."
According to the link, he is currently invested in no less than 10 healthcare/biotechnology companies and has a net worth of over 300m GBP.
It would be a total waste of money to RNS something we already know and would hardly affect the sp. It costs Sareum to lodge an RNS, right? To tell us what? Nothing, and in particular nothing price sensitive. Hardly prudent, imo.
Hi Thoth, I respect you and all, but I can't really see the point of an RNS "just to confirm that the preclinical finished on time and is complete, just waiting for analysis", when we already know that "the UKRI-funded Covid-19 research project for SDC-1801 continues on schedule with the experimental phases finishing by the end of June and the data analysis to complete shortly thereafter. The Company will provide a further update once the relevant data are available" (from the RNS dated 15th June). It's simply a waiting game, during which the mms will toy with the sp. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. Patience.
Apologies if this article has already been posted. I was drawn to the final 2 paragraphs, in particular: "The taskforce, modelled on the team responsible for the UK’s vaccine programme, is aiming to identify and support research into promising antiviral treatments that can reduce transmission and speed up recovery from Covid-19.
It’s hoped two effective treatments – offered in tablet form – will be made available to the public as early as autumn, providing Britain with “another layer of defence” alongside the vaccines in combating possible future waves and emerging variants, said Sir Patrick Vallance in April." Does anyone know what these two treatments are?
Trapper, if 1956 is the year of your birth, that makes you 65 years old. Retirement age. Yet you continue to wage some pointless war against Riddler, and anyone else who posts on this board. Why? One would think you had better things to do than troll this forum with your inane and, quite frankly, boring comments. You add nothing and achieve even less. If you actually contributed anything of value - in terms of research - I might have some respect for you. But, alas, no. You just poison this forum to such an extent that you deter others from posting. Grow up! Leave us to our delusional belief that PYC will deliver value to its shareholders. Move on to pastures new, and be happy! Enough said.
Sorry to be pedantic, Basil Alderman, but the exact wording was: "The UKRI-funded Covid-19 research project for SDC-1801 continues on schedule with the experimental phases finishing by the end of June and the data analysis to complete shortly thereafter. The Company will provide a further update once the relevant data are available." By my reckoning, we are talking the first week or two of July before we hear news regarding the efficacy (or otherwise) of our SDC-1801 in Covid. That leaves us, as I think Potnak said recently, at the mercy of the mms, as I think we are witnessing currently. I just think we all need to prepare ourselves for the usual shenanigans - even a drop below 5p wouldn't be a surprise (not that long ago we went from 3p to 1.5p in fairly short order), but such a drop would be a massive buying opportunity, imo.