RE: So the Sami villages got their meeting...01 Nov 2019 08:54
Do you see this as a positive development. A meeting with Beowulf was recently refused due to the decision being 'forthcoming'. How does breaking bad news work in Swedish culture? Is it usual to summon to Parliament the party likely to most aggrieved or least aggrieved?
Trading in Calibre commenced at 2.30pm UK time on the Toronto exchange. The share price opened at 0.63 $-Canadian. It got up to 0.75 and 15 mins ago was 0.66. This compares to 0.58 on the last day of trading 28 June
I don't think Beowulf Mining would be spending money on more exploration unless they believed that the licence award was imminent. That RNS on 4th October advising of a CEO interview was a message telling long term holders that the licence is in the bag and therefore don't sell your shares.
I expect the news to be on a Friday between now and 22 November.
There is no reason to suspend the share whether the decision is Yes or No. Unless there is some type of offer under negotiation at the time of the announcement, which is unlikely as it means Beowulf already know the answer. Beowulf will notify the market by RNS out of trading hours. There is going to be hiatus either way and the spread will be large. It'll be one of those days when one relaxes in an armchair with feet on stool smoking a Hamlet and crying.
I don't think one should worry about the difference in price. Now equiv. to 9.8p in Sweden. The spread there is very small, the volume is high. It is a perfect market. When LKAB (or some other outfit) buy the Kallak asset there will be a special dividend. Shareholders will get the same price in SEK wherever they live (adjusted at the mid rate). If you don't want to sell at a massive discount then hold them until the asset is sold. Saying that on Monday morning the price was marked up to match the Atkie, albeit with a spread around 0.25p. This demonstrates that one should sell when the difference is narrow , if you can't wait for the icing of the cake.
LKAB will surely take Kallak and the price will be a lot more than 25p, more like 70p. Meanwhile I see from Avanza that LKAB are advertising for a lot of mining staff for north Sweden. After all this waiting it would be impetuous to sell out completely at 25p. Enjoy the ride, we've waited long enough.
I've got 580k at 9.5p average and a week ago I had just 215k . I used to have 1 million but it was affecting my nerves. I'm not sure how Ed sleeps with 6 million. The drinks will be on him shortly.
Kurt Budge said in the interview that he doesn't know the exact timing of the announcement. He didn't say 'I still don't know what the decision will be, even though it will be announced quite soon'. I am allowing myself to believe that Kurt knows more than he is letting on and that's what's is making it a tremendous week for him. That interview wasn't remotely necessary, except for the purpose of telling long term holders that our waiting is finally over and we are going to be rewarded. Next week is going to be a tremendous week for all of us bar one.
I agree with you. MC mentioned Calibre was about to complete the transaction with B2Gold. This statement wan't necessary as it normally wouldn't be relevant to Condor's business activities. The message being we haven't got long to wait now. Without a JV/takeover of Condor imminent, Calibre seem to me to be paying a bit too much for El Limon and La Libertad.
Calibre make no mention of a Toll Agreement but I wouldn't expect it, because it isn't agreed. There is plenty of references though to accretive M&A's as their growth strategy. If they are as ambitious as they claim to be in their presentation hen a Toll Agreement would be second choice to a full takeover anyway. Not long to go now
Hi RedLee Thank you for your kind words and for sharing once again your analysis of the project economics. I bailed out of AMC two years ago at around 6p as I saw no prospect of the road ever getting funded. I've returned now because of the arrival of Tom Bowens and his big investment and a much lower MCap. I have a relatively small stake. I do however have a large holding in Condor Gold. The following video from early July should serve as good introduction to anyone not familiar with the company and looking to diversify. They are still extremely cheap even after the recent 40% rise.