At the very least, I would expect OMI to release their full year 2019 results on 29th August. In the last 2 years the results were released on 29th August. Hopefully there will be some other news before then.
Day traders have disappeared and I suspect the majority on here are mid-long term holders (like myself) waiting for news. Once this starts to move up, I'm sure the traders will return. Good to see there is a buyer (or buyers) in the background though.
Newmont bought in at a premium which seemed cheap at the time! OMI is now valued at just under £4M and I see this not changing until drilling has started at Anzá. I would happily accept a buyout where shareholders are given £1 per share!
Yeah it really is dragging on and on. I get the impression Newmont will take as long as possible to progress this. I know they are binded by a contract with OMI but I hope they don't lose interest and walk away just like they did with GGP. I do wish we had another major instead of Newmont. I'm continuing to hold until we know what's going on.
Webbs, I agree that it's good to buy in as low as possible. In hindsight, I would have done it as well but AIM is really unpredictable. News may come before or after the court case settlement. Eitherway, Newmont has an interest in Anzá and the sp was much higher before Newmont came on board. There's no reason why it can't spike at 15p or higher again.