After all this time reading your great posts will be good to read the ultra positive response to a brilliant announcement. !!
How's the weather down under? BBQ and drinks time perhaps. Invited quokka guests only to the party?
We will all know soon enough.
Well, the day appears to have finally arrived let us hope it is a very positive outcome to the farm out announcement. Sometime between 2.30 pm and 9.00 tomorrow night for a listed Co in the USA perhaps? After 4.30 would see our Australian friends get first crack at this...
I don't think we get a first thing in morning release in UK cause the big players will be in the USA... Assume the market may well go up again in the morning wish I had more money....
Will be great to read the detail assuming the deal is now officially signed having waited for so long,
Come on Dave bring it home !
Well here comes the news, it is obviously getting down to the wire for commitment costs of securing drilling rig etc for planned well / wells and it must be that the inevitable delay has been caused by the lawyers looking into all the small print. We could all be surprised over how big this deal or how small this deal could be, we know from some on here how long these things take, but let's hope our time is now and we get a great farm out .
Looking at lease numbers the leases that we have given up are largely lake areas to the west of the Dalton near where IW1 & IW2 are , so hopefully there is sound logic behind decision to give up these.
Perhaps the thought of 08/08 is too good for Dave to miss, and hopefully he will be pushing Farminee for this date.
But it will come when it comes
This article explains why they paid so much..
Moneyhawk, MW93 & Phrontist,
Please read this again carefully
" This guidance excludes approximately $0.3 billion for opportunistic acquisitions completed or announced."
this relates to
NEWS RELEASE June 17, 2019
ConocoPhillips Signs Agreement with Caelus Natural Resources to Acquire Nuna Discovery Acreage
HOUSTON – ConocoPhillips Alaska (COPA) today announced that it has entered into an agreement with Caelus Natural Resources Alaska, LLC to acquire 100 percent of the Nuna discovery, located just east of the Colville River and approximately five miles southwest of the Oooguruk Field.
The Nuna prospect was announced as a discovery in 2012. The purchase includes 11 tracts covering 21,000 acres. Over the next several years, COPA will appraise Nuna with a goal toward making a final investment decision thereafter. The transaction is subject to state regulatory approval and has an effective date of June 14, 2019.
“This transaction represents an attractive addition to our expanding North Slope position and will allow ConocoPhillips to cost effectively develop Nuna utilizing Kuparuk River Unit infrastructure,” said Joe Marushack, president of ConocoPhillips Alaska. “We believe this acquisition could lead to more oil production, more revenue for the state and more jobs for Alaskans.”
As per my previous message they only talk about previous news....
ConocoPhillips are trying to rebuild their trust of the Investment community by doing what they say on the tin, clearly defined and tight financial control of spends , look at extensive planned communicated spends re Willow etc.
That is not to say that they might not be the Farminee, and they were annoyed missing out on deal with Armstrong- I still don't think it will be COP , But we all should find out soon enough..
If too many people are expecting a deal with COP and it doesn't happen -- well you can guess what the reaction will be. I think it is easier not to get carried away.
What everyone appears to be forgetting with their wishful thinking,
1/4ly reporting for the big Companies are only talking about what has happened in the last 1/4 ie in all Company's mentioned today that is up to the 30th June.
These Investors meetings are not the place for News, there would be a seperate news release - take as an example ConocoPhillips April Investors meeting see slides -
If anyone tried to ask a question about possible Farm In, Chairman would reply along the lines - cannot comment.....
But will be interesting to see what QLY report Dave brings out - he is obviously hoping news would be out by now ....
Emma, the following is also a good read - posted curtesy of Healy on Hot Copper
Commencing at page 12 is all about 88E and subsidiaries
Then there is also advances in reservoir technology
Could have done with this for Winx
Next time Dave?
Just for interest, this little beauty would be good in the Icewine acreage...
Come on Dave , we are all waiting,
Question to the worriers ..
Today is the Tomorrow that you worried about Yesterday so why worry ?
You can't change anything except by selling up ( or increasing your share holding ) we have been told that the deal is done apart from the physical signing and declaring what the deal is, on the basis that we were up at 4p on the thought of oil, sadly sat at 1p the Farm out will make the share price go up, it is just the start of the transformation, loads more to come, I have no intention of selling, what the price might be in a week or two who knows but I believe we are now moving in the right direction.
The potential of this little firm from Aus is huge..
Bring it on Dave...
Fag packet calcs- little bit of thinking .. if we finally after 3d find out across all area that we have say just 8.4BN and unconventional and conventional are farmed out 70/30 we would still have between bex and 88e 2.52Bn BOE
if cost of production incurred by Farminee is say $30 a barrel and oil price was just $50 then we would get $20 profit per barrel if Production cost $40 then just $10 per barrel ( if contract deal based on 20year average above $50 then more etc )
2.52BN x $10 per barrel could be $25.2BN split whatever current deal with Bex ( unlikely to get full wack for all oil- so even if we assumed 1.25Bn barrels still could get $12.6 BN split between BEx / 88e
Then it would also depend on how Farm out agreement deals with Taxes to state, are these included before profit probably so could reduce but still leaves sufficient for the current 6BN shareholders to enjoy benefits.
I am not ramping .... it will be what it will, but this share has the potential to do the above, my personal belief is that it will , it will depend on how soon we monitise and sell out...
But what do I know ?
Company who are not registered to do business within State of Alaska,
Brom as a leading investigative member do you know if there is a complete list with DOG websites?
Just a few thoughts agree / disagree if you wish.
Bring it home Dave
Interesting messages today, just to make apoint - don't forget if we get the kind of deal that DW has always suggested he wants we would be giving away up to 70% for the Farminee to drill x no of wells over the next few years and carry out modern 3D siesmic of the whole area , we have only done this on approx 26% of our leases, it has been previously stated there are interesting prospects both Central and East , so we could find that whilst we have given away or diluted the share price that the prospective amount of oil could considerably increase to 8BN or more as Phrontist is quite right in suggesting.
This would materially increase the real value and counter the perceived dilution of the value ..
I for one think this will happen and my final end sell price is way beyond 30- 50p not saying I wont sell some on way up..
Anyway hopefully we will know the main features of farm out and Company soon enough - still don't think it will be ConocoPhillips as everyone keeps saying, unlikely to be any other C
Think Tuesday will be more likely, if as everyone wants Farminee to be a large USA company, then 2.00pm Uk time will be when States Wall Street opens, don't forget it will still be Sunday in Alaska and the States at 1.00am tonight UK time if RNS does come it will I believe be just a suspension of trading in Aus pending Farm out announcement, think the Farminee will announce first..
Not that I really care who does it, just as long as this happens this week..I think we have all been waiting long enough.
bring it on Dave....
Does this news surprise anyone, 88e have shown that they are a very proficient organised drilling outfit, with or without completion of the farm out, we need to ensure that the drilling plans for the winter are ready, as the article says Erik has said target drill spot changed so paperwork needed amendment.
It is likely that whoever farms in may well proceed with the 2 planned drills that have already been submitted whilst they re-visit 3D and decide on full future drilling plans,
I see this article as very positive and that we may well hear news next week. I concur with Brom that Erik appears to be still involved and with his experience we should all be grateful......
Involvement with Erik and Jade in Yukon next year could be very interesting...
Bring it on..
You may find this article interesting, I believe that you could do as you suggest but get some proper advice.....
Do you pay UK Income tax on earnings in the UK?
This was an article from 2010 and ISA limits have changed, the article does suggest contact HRMC this seems a quick phone call to them might give you a full answer...
One thought . What happens should you cash in over in Aus, then announcement of Farm out happens and SP goes up before you can buy Shares in UK?
Lots to think about...
Good luck with whatever you decide....
Not relevant yet but.. When the Unconventional data room is open it could get very interesting.
If Several Companies have already made soft enquiries - then our potential acreage might interest the big boys..
Back to today -let's see the current rise continue .. 42m sold in Aus last night.. Up 13.3% nearly stayed at 1.8c but last minute sale dropped back to 1.7c as always seems to happen there.