focusIR Fireside Chats podcast - FTSE 250 Fund Manager Reveals Hidden Emerging Market Gems | Infrastructure. Watch here

Less Ads, More Data, More Tools Register for FREE

Saba seeks removal of all six of Workspace's non-executive directors

Fri, 22nd May 2026 09:18

(Alliance News) - Workspace Group PLC on Friday said it has received a revised requisition notice from Saba Capital Management LP, which calls for the removal of all six of its non-executive directors.

Earlier this month, the London-based flexible workspace provider received a requisition notice from Saba, which holds an 18% stake in the company, which sought a vote to remove five of its current non-executive directors and appoint four of its own picks as replacements.

Saba would propose the resolutions at Workspace's next annual general meeting, which is on July 23.

On Friday, Workspace received a revised notice, as Saba is now seeking the removal of all six of its non-executive directors, including Manju Malhotra, and the appointment of six new directors.

The new directors proposed by Saba are the four initially proposed, plus Gautam Garg and Simon Hampton.

Workspace noted that in January, Saba proposed a managed wind-down. The firm said it "engaged constructively" with Saba, but concluded that the proposal was neither achievable nor likely to maximise value for shareholders.

"Nevertheless, the board remains open to continuing a constructive dialogue with Saba Capital," Workspace said after the initial requisition.

On Friday, Workspace said it is "carefully reviewing" the revised requisition, and advised that shareholders take no action at this time.

Workspace shares were up 0.4% at 338.40 pence on Friday morning in London.

By Michael Hennessey, Alliance News reporter

Comments and questions to newsroom@alliancenews.com

Copyright 2026 Alliance News Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Small Cap Corporate News Real Estate Workspace

Shares in this article

Related News

UPDATE: Creo confirms GBP5.5 million placing after investor backing
12 mins ago

UPDATE: Creo confirms GBP5.5 million placing after investor backing

(Alliance News) - Creo Medical Group PLC confirmed on Friday it has successfully raised GBP5.5 million through a placing, after earlier announcing pla...

StanChart CEO apologises for 'upset caused' by AI comments
1 hour ago

StanChart CEO apologises for 'upset caused' by AI comments

LONDON, May 22 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered CEO ​Bill Winters ⁠apologised for the upset ​caused to staff by his remarks about artificial intelligenc...

Creo Medical jumps as it plans GBP5.5 million placing, stake sale
1 hour ago

Creo Medical jumps as it plans GBP5.5 million placing, stake sale

(Alliance News) - Creo Medical Group PLC said on Friday it plans to raise GBP5.5 million through a placing and is seeking to sell its remaining 49% st...