The exercising of 150000 shares has certainly dented the price. Quite a sharp fall despite the optimistic result. Hope the SP jumps back by end of this week or its going to be a long wait before profits.
My best guess is 250p. A head and shoulder pattern formed from the start of April till end of May. The pattern was disturbed by a sudden bounce but the share price is about to break the neck line now at around 476. If the price falls and stays below 476p expect this to go down to 290 - 250 range before it bottoms out. Sadly brexit impacts the share price so expecting a good bounce back is hoping for a miracle at the moment. With growth shares, I tend to add more at lower price to even out the cost rather than sell them at a loss. But this strategy is a gamble and best advised from a long term investment prespective where the company has a sound footing.
Downgrading this share to a strong sell and my previous Buy target price of £5.50 to £ 2.50. The extent of drop due to poor results is indicative that the market is yet to price-in for Brexit. Any temptation to buy should be avoided till 31st October.
Glad I did not put my money on this when it was launched. It was abundantly clear from the scepticism then that this would role down the hill. Now a head and shoulder pattern is currently in formation so expecting the SP to skid down to 550. Will be interesting to see where this goes from there. Not sure if a no deal brexit has been priced in completely.
After yestedays volitility, MACD signaling a Buy on both Daily and Weekly charts and RSI meandering around the 30% mark, I am changing my opinion for this stock to a Weak Buy for now. I expect the 10 day MA line to curve up from here and price to go up a little. Lows around 25p.
What may be not enough food for a lion to survive for a few days may be plenty of food for a vulture to keep on going for weeks. That's the only reason I can see behind CIR taking over the rights. Tudorza sales may be declining for AZN but it can be a major revenue generator for a small company like CIR. As far as ratings are concerned they can change. Today Sifel says sell, IC says hold, many here are saying buy but nothing stops them from changing their view after 1st when more news comes in. So far, since the FDA announcement, the lowest the price has fallen so far is 24.65p the highest it has jumped is 35.35p. You are very much in the investing price range.You can Hold investing your money till 29th April to see how low/high it goes. As we all are expecting an announcement on 1st of May as to payment and year end results, I dont expect much volitility beyond the price range. I do expect to see movement after 30th April/1st May and probably give it my BUY then. You can decide on buying on 1st of May and enjoy the ride with us.
I doubt AZN will consider a takeover especially after raising fresh capital for a new tie-up and profit squeeze etc. The fact that CIR took the rights for Tudorza for AZN also makes me believe that a loan is more a possibility than a takeover. RA1 your analysis is very insightful. Good to have you here. Any idea when the company is due to make an announcement about this?
Even Investor Chronicle has given CIR a HOLD rating. The payment of $20m in 30 days and another $100m by June 2019 as well as executing a successful commercial launch of Duaklir are the reasons to keep away. Looks like until CIR does not reach a beneficial payment arrangement the SP will remain subdued. We will have to wait a bit more before the bull trusts its horns...hopefully until the news of aggreement and not longer.
So our Monday morning surprise was fall to 24.23p before bouncing back and giving a buy signal at 28.0p. Its approaching 200day MA on the 10 minute chart, most likely to happen closer to US market open. I guess it will take off from there as interest is likely to come more from the US.
Yes I agree! CIR is a rising star and promising investment and this week we shall reap the fruits. Noticed the last trade was at 30.8p so expecting a rebound. Did have a wtf moment when the price went down and technicals moved to negative, post news but it looking hopeful now.
RE: Extraordinary market anomaly...31 Mar 2019 10:01
I smell a rat because of two reasons:
1st: one can use UT to malaciously bring the price of the stock down substantially. Lets not forget jealously still prevails in the world. Professional jealousy/Competitors can try to spoil the game when the going gets good.
2nd: UT also gives investors with DMA an unfair advantage over investors who have bought the stocks at different price points to reduce the book value. It's easier when you have DMA because one can sell the stock, previously bought, at lower than market makers price, bring the price down and then buy it at that cheaper rate to maximise gains in one instant. As far as losses incurred, as a result of buying the shares at a higher price previously and selling it at a cheaper rate, is concerned they will be recovered almost instantly when the price goes up as a result of re-valuation of the stock.
RE: Extraordinary market anomaly...29 Mar 2019 18:47
My understanding, from what I have read about UT, is that someone with Direct Market Access(DMA) has shrewdly brought 273914 shares at a lower price than the Market Makers offer just before the close to profit from the situation. Hence the sudden fall in price post news. Smell the rat!!!
How far the price will drop before it jumps up will now be a Monday morning surprise. I just hope there is no panic selling as a result of this.
With yesterday's decision to consolodate 5 shares of 8p to 1share of 40p by 11th feb, I am wondering if the value will jump up to 40p a share before 11th Feb or after? Not seeing much gain in price since yesterday on the news.