Best in class and great set of results and we are sitting mid 12 s . I am hoping for a rise next week into ex divi day . Crazy world . Broker ratings are pretty much a buy with target prices north of 15 .
I agree Thunder very frustrating especially the silence on the Indian front . I am sure there is lots going on in the background and I will be very keen to watch the S.P as we near the AGM . Not long now and if not before I am sure we will get an update on India tax issue then .
Hey Ant let’s hope we get news soon and it is positive . This is crazy undervalued and the Indian tax money is transformational for Cairn going forward . Lots of Q4 positives . Eni are drilling Mexico at the end of the month as well due to take 55 days. Just in time for Xmas result
After the news breaking I thought we would have heard something this morning. News must be imminent and considering Cairn were actively involved in the feedback consultation I can see no reason for any hold ups. Remember India want this over the line as much as Cairn do. Just for clarification the Devas case has nothing to do with retrospective tax .
Easy to find through Google . The story is in half of India’s press . Massive for them to get this over the line . Close eye on uk press in morning , then Cairn will have no option but to issue an RNS 0700 Monday. Fingers crossed all good I would be flabbergasted if it was not .
The rules have been issued and companies feedback incorporated . Expect a positive RNS from Cairn 7am Monday . “ since the rules have been issued after detailed feedback from companies, it is likely that the cases could be settled quickly”. This mornings economic times . These companies can now settle these cases with the government under the framework within 30-60 days. I will be keen to see if any of the UK press pick this story up tomorrow morning .
I think we will hold above 240 p I am very bullish on that . Failure to do so will make us a sitting duck for a takeover with all that cash in the bank. The numbers will add up in the end. As detailed below there is a lot of positive stuff going on in the next 3 months for Cairn . Shell drove Egypt into the ground there is massive potential there and quickly .
RE: North Sea Asset Sale & India - Timing of Class 1 Transactions28 Sep 2021 17:33
There are Numerous articles online saying the rules will be finalised in the coming days . What we do know is the draft rules were back in on the 4th Sep with feedback submitted . Cairn made numerous statements on the 7th saying a deal was imminent. The news is coming no doubt about it
No matter what Poly does she follows the Gold price . Gold price going down so I don’t think we are near the bottom yet . Unbelievable really when you run the numbers. Still a massive profit machine but the market only tags it to the gold price
Very keen to stress the Significant exploration potential mentioned numerous times. Pretty much straight into a big drilling campaign let’s hope they are right and we are not seeing the whole picture unlike the board.
RE: Have the rules been finalized?23 Sep 2021 10:07
This article was updated on the 13th Sep where the finance ministry said it expected to release the guidelines any day now after assessing feedback from the companies on the draft norms. GOI hopeful of a speedy settlement . Times now article dated 13th Sep .
If I am correct That is the 2nd RNS from Aberdeen reducing there holding , 6.4 % to 5.295 % now to sub 5 % . Not sure why for the life of me why you would sell this close to payment . Only thing i can think of is margin calls else where or they are not happy with Cairn for excepting the hair cut payment . Or they simply want out .
I have posted many times on the same theme this is bonkers . Both sides want this completed just like the walk down to 123 , crazy . I fully understand the dislike of ending up with a fixed price deal on Egypt this is not ideal and if India was removed Cairn would be sitting 80 p on a good day . But the key thing India is happening and soon .