I also sent an email about 2 weeks ago as you suggested to Ubecorp explaining my situation regarding Halifax share dealing de-listing them, I got a reply saying they would look into it and get back to me as soon as possible. Still waiting. I also contacted Halifax share dealing and explained it to them and asked them to get me a SRN / HIN number so I could try and locate them through Computershare but I am still waiting for them to get back to me as well. But I wont give up until I get a definitive answer from someone.
I now know what the end game is. Never mind wont be the first time I have lost money on shares and probably wont be the last. At least I heard about Bigdish (DISH) through Noyota and they are set to take off.