New Appointment Chris Wardhaugh is appointed as a Non-Executive Director; So why was he appointed by MGB Biopharma? - because they were in preparing to start PHASE II trial of MGB-BP-3 to assess the initial cure and sustained cure rates in the treatment of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea (CDAD). Why is this important - because Iclaprim is in the PHASE II/III stages and this guy has the experience and knowledge. So what happened to that anti-infective medication - The company suddenly goes on to succeeding and getting it approved. To cut the story short, and to save the best to last, the guy specialises in Company acquisitions and has bloody overseen the launch of 8 pharmaceutical products around the world. So everyone is in good hands.
Iclaprim Iclaprim has already been tested on well over 2000 patients and in more than 6 phase 2/3 trials so has been deemed safe in what are mainly very vulnerable populations with many elderly and with Co morbidities like diabetes etc( so very similar to typical Covid patients). There is this long term concern for DILI but I believe an EUA would be granted if needed. However Iclaprim will not have any activity as a Covid 19 therapeutic so will not get licensed as it’s only current potential is in secondary respiratory infections for which there are already Approved and available treatments. It is in the future where a possible Iclaprim/LaMellar platform combination may be of interest vs Covid 19. The FDA approval decision is based on a risk assessment benefit of safety and efficacy so if Iclaprim is seen to have additional potential say is indicated as part of a Respiratory Combo treatment/ US army veteran treatment or say vs Anthrax which is a possibility then it could overcome the DILI issues and FDA May give apprival subject to a post marketing authorisation.
LaMellar Tie Up with MTFB It is in the future where a possible Iclaprim/LaMellar platform combination may be of interest vs Covid 19
Future Dr. Alex McLean, Chief Executive Officer of Lamellar Biomedical, said: "CF is a key area of interest for Lamellar. We are delighted to announce this partnership with Motif Bio, which will evaluate the antibiotic potentiation properties of our LAMELLASOME™ technology in combination with iclaprim. This collaboration augments our own work in this orphan indication, which is focused on a novel nucleic acid-based therapeutic, as we strive to develop a range of highly effective treatment options for patients with CF."
So if use of Iclaprim with this technology leads to synergy then I can see good potential for this combination in respiratory conditions
Nice bit of buying going in to the close...blue blue blue....definitely going to be 10p by the end of the week!! Ha ha ha ha.....get those pies while they`re screaming hot!!! Those ECR pies are stacked full of goodliness.....yeehaaa! ..stacked! Yeeeeeeeehaaaarr!!
Really good post from the other day , removed some of the waffle
After enjoying Sundays input from the more tech savvy working in the Oil industry and NoEasy recent additions which make happy reading-- My hope Art will not be able to resist chasing a new licence,far more sensible than pursuing MBQ imo;so were the emergency funds required over the weekend linked to any registration of interest for new licences which have just closed?thanks again NE. Any educated ideas of potential output/ timelines appreciated....though we know Art and his crew are no mugs here so I'm fairly confident it will be at as good a pace as possible.
I for one will be quieter as now happy to sit back and enjoy the ride albeit with one beady eye on the 'new' Art in case he slips back into 'old' Art --I can't deny the recent placings raised an eyebrow mitigated somewhat by the new one mill GBP holder who will certainly expect to see Art promises come to fruition without further prevaricating as has been the case for the last few painful years. I was amused by the paradox of many smaller holders panicking and selling as a result of one person's confidence making such a considerable presumably well informed commitment.
Here is my idea on sp once the drill is turning and oil gushing. Some time ago I made a calculation based on comparisons with several similar companies and arrived at a conservarive 6p since then allowing for further dilution and the smaller stake I revised that to 4p.However as someone stated here 'sp has a habit of returning to it's past highs' borne out somewhat by the twin peaks that can be seen on many company graphs that points at nearer 11p .....it's going to be some ride.