Tower Resources #TRP, Hardman & Co and Edison speak at London South East’s Oil & Gas event Watch Now

Less Ads, More Data, More Tools Register for FREE

Altona Energy progresses with South Australian pyrolysis deal

Fri, 14th Dec 2018 08:49

(Sharecast News) - Mining and exploration company Altona Energy has taken its first steps to utilise its recently granted exclusive licence of pyrolysis developer Leinad's technology in Australia and China.

Altona revealed that further discussions had taken place with an unnamed holder of South Australian coal assets who was interested in applying pyrolysis technology to their project.

The mystery party was said to be "very interested" to progress the opportunity and begin work on producing the framework of a joint venture between the two companies.

Chief executive Nicholas Lyth, said: "South Australia has closed its conventional coal to electricity generation capacity so it is expected that the state government would be receptive to any future proposal to convert Altona's large coal assets into electricity in a way that meets the appropriate emissions regulations."

The AIM-listed firm will be entitled to retain 95% of all revenues generated using the licence, with the remaining 5% passing to the Cypriot firm, which trades under the name GCAT Energy.

As of 0840 GMT, Altona shares had shot up 11.11% to 75p.

Related Shares

More News

Altona Energy results delayed as it works on South Australia acquisition

(Sharecast News) - Coal exploration company Altona Energy announced on Tuesday that it was expecting to release its annual accounts for the year ended 30 June "within the next two weeks".

11 Feb 20 09:28

Antona Energy begins negotiations to buy petroleum licence application

(Sharecast News) - Resources company Altona Energy has entered into early stage negotiations with a third party to acquire a petroleum exploration licence application on a large tenement within a well-known coal-bearing basin - the Arckaringa Basin in South Australia, it announced on Thursday

21 Nov 19 16:26

Altona Energy shares delisted from trading on AIM

(Sharecast News) - Exploration company Altona Energy provided investors with a quick update on Friday following the delisting of its shares from trading on AIM.

1 Mar 19 08:35

Altona Energy progresses with South Australian pyrolysis deal

(Sharecast News) - Mining and exploration company Altona Energy has taken its first steps to utilise its recently granted exclusive licence of pyrolysis developer Leinad's technology in Australia and China.

14 Dec 18 08:49

Login to your account

Don't have an account? Click here to register.