GreenRoc Mining (AIM:GROC),the exploration and development company focused on critical mineral projects in Greenland, has announced a major positive change in the Greenlandic mining laws, which will accelerate and de-risk its ‘world-class’ Amitsoq graphite project in Southern Greenland ‘by several months if not a year or so’.
In this interview, investors will hear about:
• How the Greenlandic mining law change materially benefits GreenRoc
• Why the new application process enables both the Exploitation Licence and Environmental and Social Impact assessments to take place simultaneously
• How this application process change could accelerate the development of Amitsoq
• What this law change does to the risk profile and the funding case for Amitsoq
“I think that it will accelerate our project by several months, if not a year or so. We expect to be able to apply for our Exploitation Licence by the end of this first half of 2024. And I'm hopeful also that we'll be able to receive our permit before the end of this year. We'll conclude the environmental and social impact assessments, go on to the impact benefit agreement. We can also start our pre-feasibility study leading on to the definitive feasibility study, which we expect to conduct in 2025, then start raising the capital and start construction in 2026” explained Stefan Bernstein, CEO, GreenRoc Mining.
Reasons to add GreenRoc (GROC) Mining to your Watchlist:
• The world needs graphite
• Critical battery materials set for four-fold increase in demand over the next decade
• GreenRoc has a World Class Graphite resource at Amitsoq in Southern Greenland
• Well positioned in Greenland to supply both Europe and US markets
• Positive PEA economics enables GreenRoc to further develop the project
• Pre-feasibility Study for vertically integrated plant for Amitsoq due in 2024
• One of only a handful of vertically integrated miners in Europe with the intention to produce anode graphite suitable for EV batteries
• Ongoing discussions with several potential off takers
Stefan Bernstein, CEO of GreenRoc Mining was interviewed by Donald Leggatt, IR Media Director at focusIR.