London South East prides itself on its community spirit, and in order to keep the chat section problem free, we ask all members to follow these simple rules. In these rules, we refer to ourselves as "we", "us", "our". The user of the website is referred to as "you" and "your".
By posting on our share chat boards you are agreeing to the following:
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. You agree that we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or board at any time should we see fit. You agree that we have the right to remove any post without notice. You agree that we have the right to suspend your account without notice.
Please note some users may not behave properly and may post content that is misleading, untrue or offensive.
It is not possible for us to fully monitor all content all of the time but where we have actually received notice of any content that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these terms and conditions, then we will review such content, decide whether to remove it from this website and act accordingly.
Premium Members are members that have a premium subscription with London South East and have access to Premium Chat. You can subscribe here.
London South East does not endorse such members, and posts should not be construed as advice and represent the opinions of the authors, not those of London South East Ltd, or its affiliates.
Many thanks - looks good!
Assuming no updates the holdings from Portage website are:-
Anyone know the latest portfolio constituents %, particularly PTGEF/Intensity, thanks.
Bit quiet here but that’ll change in the next fortnight or so. Plenty of chat on twit her under $ptgef for those interested.
Have announced clinical collaboration with Merck
I`ve been quietly adding over the last week or so but they aren`t showing. Am hoping to see a nice profit as value is linked directly to Portage now. A bargain at 10.2p so roll on July.
I can get most of my holding in an isa at current levels. The problem is that the demerger valuation was at the lower end of the 75 to 215m range which was done by a third party last summer. The pf has come along since then so if they value it higher I won’t be able to isa everything. Potentially we could see a nice rise on relist and the yanks will be able to buy for the first time in 6 months. Sellers should have been out before the demerger.
Yes it's a difficult one knowing what's best. I would be inclined to hold on for now and wait and see if Portage list on a more liquid market, in which case you may not need to transfer, unless you're in a real hurry to sell.
I was curious to know how I could sell my Portage shares if I needed to but I'm inclined now to wait and see how it pans out. Must admit I haven't read about the consolidation idea but I certainly wouldn't do anything to risk losing any shares.
Am not sure what to do myself lol I have a transfer application in for isa shares to go from Halifax (who dont trade current market) to HL (who do) as I thought they may stay on existing market. Have found a few links stating they have an option to consolidate 120:1 and relist on a better market which means both brokers can trade them. So it’s either let the transfer go through and find out I’ve lost a few shares n shouldn’t have bothered or cancel it and have grief lol Decisions decisions eh
Cheers Bod. Will probably hang on for a bit then.
Hargreaves trade it but if we get a new listing on either nasdaq or nasdaq (which they have mentioned) then most brokers should be able to trade it. My guess is we’ll find out before the 8th July.
Does anyone know of any uk brokers which do CREST dealing of Portage shares? Cheers!
News will come this month, plenty of hints/info on twitter under $ptgef. For those holding portage shares we are on for an interesting few weeks as we get an update ahead of a possible relist and return to normal trading for our US friends. Hoping to see an increase in portage sp as we head towards the 6 month deadline in July.
Huge spread - ridiculous!
A month before suspension... let's have some news please!
I wonder if Jim Mellon will now have more time to spend at Salvarx (now that he is no longer Chairman of Agronomics) in the run up the 9 July, possible trading suspension date of Salvarx?
Hopefully we will get news soon before the forthcoming suspension date as well as a listing for Portage Biotech on a normal market. I’ve never seen a share with such illiquidity- down nearly 20% on around £1k worth of shares sold today and often with a spread as high as 40%.
Interesting news at another firm Jim Mellon is connected with - Agronomics (formerly known as Port Erin Biopharma Investments).
Richard Reed of 'Innocent Drinks' fame has been appointed as a new Independent Non-Executive Director "...to the [Agronomics] Board with immediate effect. Richard Reed is also appointed as Non-Executive Chairman in succession to Jim Mellon who will remain on the Board as a Non-Executive Director."
I wonder if we will see any news soon too from Salvarx?
A key date - 9 July 2019 - [mentioned in Salvarx's announcement by RNS on 8 January 2019] is approaching...
Cheers for the tip Jesterman.
Chazzy, My shares are under nominee so no problem with mine, I just have to wait for the USA release date.
But from past experience if you write an informed letter to the manager and send a copy to the CEO of any organization things tend to get sorted very quick......I think it's called going for the jugular lol
Anyway good luck
It's ok Jesterman I've just spotted that Pam Martin is with Selftrade. Yes I will certainly contact her if there is no resolution soon. There is another lady from Selftrade who I'm liaising with also at the moment who is trying to resolve the issue, but I might well take this matter to the top if it's not sorted out soon.
Hi Jesterman, thanks for your reply. Is Pam Martin the Customer Services Centre Manager of Selftrade or Portage? Have you experienced any problems in receiving the share certificates yourself? I just wondered how you know who to contact. Thanks again.
Hi Chazzy; I would suggest you contact in WRITING Pam Martin
Customer Services Centre Manager ; stating that it is their responsibility to resolve this matter asap and that failure to sort this you will hold them financial liable not only for the lose of value current or future values, but also for YOUR administration time at say £50- 100 per hour. Also a copy to - Thera Prins
Chief Executive Officer.
I'd be interested to know of any other SALV shareholders who have not yet received their Portage shares, particularly any who use Selftrade. I've contacted Selftrade several times as well as emailed Portage for some clarification. Portage have told me that the share certificates were dispatched back in Jan, but Selftrade's nominees have confirmed that the certificates never arrived, hence lost in transit apparently!! If this is true it's clearly very concerning. I'm still waiting for further clarification.
If you haven't yet received your share certificate, I would strongly recommend you contact your broker too and confirm whether your nominees have actually received the shares from the Portage Registrars in Canada.
Would appreciate any comments on this.
Today I received my Portage Biotech share certificates (paper version) by post. If I wish to sell them I can deposit them with the registrars and give instructions to sell. Alternatively, I can hold onto them and keep them until I wish to sell.
I received my SALV number of shares multiplied by 18 to give the number of Portage shares.
The SALV shares are still in my ISA portfolio at the SP x number of shares (actually shows as a loss).
Therefore at today's closing price of 10.50p per SALV share and the $0.105 x 18 for each Portage share, calculated with the exchange rate to GBP .... each share combined is worth £1.485 ... a very nice profit on the original investment.
With exciting prospects for SALV with Intensity and Portage latest acquisition of the French company, I am inclined to stay for the ride and keep both shares.