Fri, 14th Jan 2022 14:00
At 14:00 PM, the FTSE 100 Index was down by -38.9 at 7524.95 points, a movement of -0.51%, showing a average fall in the market.
Avast (AVST) was a much traded share, with roughly £2,359.4m (0.351%) worth of shares being bought and sold.
Overall, 24% of the companies in the FTSE 100 Index were up, and 75% were down; giving a negative summary of the day so far.
Investors favourites include Standard Chartered (STAN) which rose 1.96%, British Land (BLND) rising 1.44% and National Grid (NG.) which increased 1.31%. The majority of rising shares came from the Banking, Gas and Water and Real Estate Trusts sector(s).
The biggest risers were as follows:
- Standard Chartered (STAN) +10.00 (1.96%)
- British Land (BLND) +7.80 (1.44%)
- National Grid (NG.) +14.00 (1.31%)
- Lloyds (LLOY) +0.70 (1.30%)
- Land Securities (LAND) +9.60 (1.23%)
- 3i Group (III) +16.00 (1.14%)
- Severn Trent (SVT) +29.00 (1.02%)
- British American Tobacco (BATS) +26.00 (0.87%)
- Vodafone (VOD) +0.88 (0.75%)
Some of the losing shares were Royal Mail (RMG) which fell -5.07%, B&M (BME) losing -4.56% and Evraz (EVR) which dropped -4.33%. Most of the falling shares came from the undefined, Brokerage Services and Industrial Metals sector(s).
The lowest fallers were as follows: