Thu, 14th Jan 2021 13:00
At 13:00 PM, the FTSE 100 Index was up by 37.36 at 6782.88 points, a movement of 0.55%, showing a modest rise in the market.
Mondi (MNDI) was a well traded share, with approximately £2,123.3m (0.219%) worth of shares changing hands.
Overall, 59% of the companies in the FTSE 100 Index were up, and 39% were down; giving a positive view of the day so far.
Shares that are having a good day included Whitbread (WTB) which rose 5.52%, International Airlines (IAG) rising 3.28% and Barratt Developments (BDEV) which increased 2.70%. Most of the winning shares came from the Household Utilities, Mining and Banking sector(s).
The biggest risers were as follows:
- Whitbread (WTB) +169.00 (5.52%)
- International Airlines (IAG) +5.00 (3.28%)
- Barratt Developments (BDEV) +18.20 (2.70%)
- BHP Group (BHP) +57.00 (2.68%)
- Evraz (EVR) +11.60 (2.31%)
- Land Securities (LAND) +14.70 (2.25%)
- Anglo American (AAL) +58.00 (2.13%)
- Glencore (GLEN) +5.65 (2.04%)
- Persimmon (PSN) +52.00 (1.99%)
Some of the losing shares were SSE (SSE) which fell -2.82%, Pennon (PNN) losing -2.53% and Just Eat Takeaw (JET) which dropped -2.10%. Most of the falling shares came from the Support, Gas and Water and Financials sector(s).
The lowest fallers were as follows: