Thu, 14th Jan 2021 12:00
At 12:00 PM, the FTSE 100 Index was up by 53.78 at 6799.3 points, a movement of 0.8%, showing a average rise in the market.
Mondi (MNDI) was a much traded share, with roughly £2,044.6m (0.210%) worth of shares being bought and sold.
Overall, 67% of the companies in the FTSE 100 Index were up, and 30% were down; giving a positive view of the day so far.
Shares that are having a good day included Whitbread (WTB) which rose 4.51%, Land Securities (LAND) rising 3.22% and Persimmon (PSN) which increased 3.18%. Most of the winning shares came from the Household Utilities, Mining and Banking sector(s).
The biggest risers were as follows:
- Whitbread (WTB) +138.00 (4.51%)
- Land Securities (LAND) +21.00 (3.22%)
- Persimmon (PSN) +83.00 (3.18%)
- International Airlines (IAG) +4.40 (2.89%)
- Barratt Developments (BDEV) +18.40 (2.73%)
- BHP Group (BHP) +57.00 (2.68%)
- Anglo American (AAL) +68.00 (2.49%)
- Taylor Wimpey (TW.) +3.85 (2.39%)
- Rolls-Royce Holdings (RR.) +2.45 (2.32%)
The shares that went down included SSE (SSE) which fell -2.47%, Sage Group (SGE) losing -2.02% and Pennon (PNN) which dropped -1.43%. Most of these dropping shares came from the Support, Retailers and IT Services sector(s).
The lowest fallers were as follows: