Thu, 8th Apr 2021 12:00
At 12:00 PM, the FTSE 100 Index was up by 30.27 at 6915.59 points, a movement of 0.44%, showing a gentle rise in the market.
Berkeley Group (BKG) was a well traded share, with approximately £1,551.4m (0.278%) worth of shares changing hands.
Overall, 63% of the companies in the FTSE 100 Index were up, and 33% were down; giving a positive summary of the day so far.
Investors favourites include Aveva Group (AVV) which rose 3.06%, Sage Group (SGE) rising 2.57% and Hikma Pharmaceuticals (HIK) which increased 2.56%. The majority of rising shares came from the Media, Financials and Mining sector(s).
The biggest risers were as follows:
- Aveva Group (AVV) +111.00 (3.06%)
- Sage Group (SGE) +16.20 (2.57%)
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals (HIK) +61.00 (2.56%)
- Johnson Matthey (JMAT) +79.00 (2.55%)
- 3i Group (III) +30.50 (2.52%)
- Astrazeneca (AZN) +169.00 (2.38%)
- Evraz (EVR) +14.00 (2.37%)
- Diageo (DGE) +73.00 (2.36%)
- Anglo American (AAL) +69.50 (2.33%)
Some of the losing shares were Aviva (AV.) which fell -3.50%, Smurfit Kappa (SKG) losing -3.09% and Smith (DS) (SMDS) which dropped -2.19%. Most of the falling shares came from the Tourism and Leisure, Household Utilities and Insurance sector(s).
The lowest fallers were as follows: