Thu, 14th Jan 2021 11:00
At 11:00 AM, the FTSE 100 Index was up by 43.8 at 6789.32 points, a movement of 0.65%, showing a modest rise in the market.
Taylor Wimpey (TW.) was a heavily traded share, with around £1,576.5m (0.271%) worth of shares being traded.
Overall, 58% of the companies in the FTSE 100 Index were up, and 39% were down; giving a positive view of the day so far.
Investors favourites include Whitbread (WTB) which rose 4.08%, International Airlines (IAG) rising 2.82% and Rolls-Royce Holdings (RR.) which increased 2.60%. The majority of rising shares came from the Mining, Household Utilities and Banking sector(s).
The biggest risers were as follows:
- Whitbread (WTB) +125.00 (4.08%)
- International Airlines (IAG) +4.30 (2.82%)
- Rolls-Royce Holdings (RR.) +2.75 (2.60%)
- BHP Group (BHP) +52.00 (2.44%)
- Imperial Brands (IMB) +34.00 (2.12%)
- Persimmon (PSN) +52.00 (1.99%)
- Anglo American (AAL) +54.00 (1.98%)
- Land Securities (LAND) +12.40 (1.90%)
- Rio Tinto (RIO) +112.00 (1.87%)
In the fallers list were SSE (SSE) which fell -2.41%, Sage Group (SGE) losing -2.23% and Pennon (PNN) which dropped -1.49%. The majority of falling shares came from the Support, Retailers and Gas and Water sector(s).
The lowest fallers were as follows: