Thu, 14th Jan 2021 10:00
At 10:00 AM, the FTSE 100 Index was up by 41.84 at 6787.36 points, a movement of 0.62%, showing a modest rise in the market.
BT (BT.A) was a well traded share, with approximately £1,897.6m (0.133%) worth of shares changing hands.
Overall, 63% of the companies in the FTSE 100 Index were up, and 35% were down; giving a positive view of the day so far.
Investors favourites include Whitbread (WTB) which rose 3.37%, International Airlines (IAG) rising 2.85% and Rolls-Royce Holdings (RR.) which increased 2.23%. The majority of rising shares came from the Mining, Insurance and Banking sector(s).
The biggest risers were as follows:
- Whitbread (WTB) +103.00 (3.37%)
- International Airlines (IAG) +4.35 (2.85%)
- Rolls-Royce Holdings (RR.) +2.35 (2.23%)
- BHP Group (BHP) +47.50 (2.23%)
- Melrose (MRO) +4.10 (2.22%)
- Imperial Brands (IMB) +33.50 (2.08%)
- BP (BP.) +6.15 (2.02%)
- Segro (SGRO) +19.00 (2.00%)
- Anglo American (AAL) +53.50 (1.96%)
Some of the losing shares were Sage Group (SGE) which fell -3.11%, SSE (SSE) losing -2.16% and Rentokil Initial (RTO) which dropped -1.80%. Most of the falling shares came from the Support, IT Services and Food and Drug Retailers sector(s).
The lowest fallers were as follows: