Fri, 2nd Jun 2017 09:41
PRESS CORPORATION LIMITED
REG. NO. 2395
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE THIRTY THIRD ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE COMPANY WILL BE HELD AT THE NATIONAL BANK OF MALAWI LEARNING AND GROWTH CENTRE, OFF CHIKHWAWA ROAD, BLANTYRE ON THURSDAY, 29 JUNE 2017 STARTING FROM 14:00 HOURS AT WHICH THE FOLLOWING ORDINARY BUSINESS WILL BE TRANSACTED:
1. FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
To receive the audited Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2016 together with the reports of the Directors and Auditors thereon.
To declare a final dividend of MK1,502.5 million representing MK12.50 per share, as recommended by the Directors.
3. APPOINTMENT OF AUDITORS
To re-appoint Deloitte, Certified Public Accountants, as auditors for the ensuing year and to authorise the Directors to determine their remuneration.
4. DIRECTOR'S RE-ELECTION
To re-elect Mr Andrew Barron who retires by rotation and, being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
5. EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS' REMUNERATION
To authorise Directors to determine the remuneration of Executive Directors
6. DIRECTORS FEES AND SITTING ALLOWANCES
To fix the Fees and Sitting Allowances of the Chairman and other Non-Executive Directors with effect from 01 January 2017 as follows:
§ Chairman - MK6,310,000.00 per annum payable quarterly in arrears (up from MK4,671,106.11)
§ Non-Executive Directors - MK5,100,000.00 per annum payable
quarterly in arrears (up from
§ Chairman - MK257,000.00 per sitting (up from
MK190,000.00 per sitting)
§ Non-Executive Directors - MK231,000.00 per sitting (up from
MK171,110.00 per sitting)
Dated the 29 day of May 2017
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
BENARD M W NDAU
Press Corporation Limited
3 Floor, NBM House
P O Box 1227
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy (or proxies) to attend and vote on its/his/her behalf. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
2. The instrument appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or other authority, if any, under which it is signed or notarially certified copy of that power of attorney or authority shall be deposited at the Company Secretary's office not less than forty-eight (48) hours before the time appointed for holding the meeting and in default the instrument of proxy shall not be treated as valid. The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in the form attached hereto or forms as near thereto as circumstances admit.
3. At the above meeting it will be proposed that a final dividend of MK1,502.5 million representing MK12.50 per share be declared payable on Friday, 25 August 2017 to those shareholders registered in the books of the Company as at the close of business on Friday, 28 July 2017.