Wed, 3rd Jun 2015 16:19
PRESS CORPORATION LIMITED
REG. NO. 2395
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE THIRTY FIRST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE COMPANY WILL BE HELD AT THE NATIONAL BANK OF MALAWI LEARNING AND GROWTH CENTRE, OFF CHIKHWAWA ROAD, BLANTYRE ON FRIDAY 26 JUNE 2015 STARTING FROM 14:00 HOURS AT WHICH THE FOLLOWING ORDINARY BUSINESS WILL BE TRANSACTED:
1. FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
To receive the audited Financial Statements of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2014 together with the reports of the Directors and Auditors thereon.
To declare a final dividend of MK1, 081.8 million representing MK9.00 per share, as recommended by the Directors.
3. APPOINTMENT OF AUDITORS
To re-appoint Deloitte, Certified Public Accountants, as auditors for the ensuing year and to authorise the Directors to determine their remuneration.
4. DIRECTOR'S RE-ELECTION
To re-elect Mr Andrew Barron who retires by rotation and, being eligible, offers himself for re-election.
5. EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS' REMUNERATION
To authorise Directors to determine the remuneration of Executive Directors.
6. DIRECTORS FEES AND SITTING ALLOWANCES
To fix the Fees and Sitting Allowances of the Chairman and other Non-Executive Directors with effect from 1 January 2015 as follows:
§ Chairman - MK3,958,564.50 per annum payable
quarterly in arrears (up from MK3,244,725.00)
§ Non-Executive Directors - MK3,166,851.60 per annum payable
quarterly in arrears (up from MK2,595,780.00)
§ Chairman - MK145,000.00 per sitting (up from
MK 82,225.00 per sitting)
§ Non-Executive Directors - MK145,000.00 per sitting (up from
MK 82,225.00 per sitting)
Dated the 1 day of June 2015
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
BENARD M W NDAU
Press Corporation Limited
6 and 7 Floors Chayamba Building
P O Box 1227
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy (or proxies) to attend and vote on its/his/her behalf. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
2. The instrument appointing a proxy and the power of attorney or other authority, if any, under which it is signed or notarially certified copy of that power of attorney or authority shall be deposited at the Company Secretary's office not less than forty-eight (48) hours before the time appointed for holding the meeting and in default the instrument of proxy shall not be treated as valid. The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in the form attached hereto or a form as near thereto as circumstances admit.
3. At the above meeting it will be proposed that a final dividend of MK1,081.8 million representing MK9.00 per share be declared payable on Friday 21 August 2015 to those shareholders registered in the books of the Company as at the close of business on Friday 31 July 2015.