Mr C, I believe this share has a 2/3p potential for reasons given in previous posts. If you agree with that scenario wouldn't now be a very good time to average down? I cant see a scenario for this returning to 5/6p but maybe others disagree.
Good morning Autonomy1, I don’t have any operational problems with Interactive I just find them more expensive than IG, their money transfer is slower and their platform not as slick as IG. I only got involved with them because like you I was previously with TDI(X). They do have an advantage over IG in that they allow me to trade the Canadian market and that’s why I stay with them. I’m sure lots of people are very satisfied with Interactive. ATB Tucson
Hi, For my SIPP I use HL and find them excellent. For my trading I find IG excellent. My other trading platform is Interactive Investor who I would not recommend. Good luck with your choice. ATB Tucson.
As a general guide the following shows my view of the lates Kaz realignment with copper after the recent RNS. Copper Kaz $2.40 360p $2.50 405p $2.60 456p $2.70 514p $2.80 578p $2.90 635p $3.00 708p $3.12 805p $3.43 1022p Excluding a favourable resolution to Baimskaya It looks like we need a copper price of $3.0 to hit 700p. for us to hit a 1000p I believe copper needs to be approaching $3.40. The las time copper was $3.40 was early June 2018 when Kaz touched 1070p so I reckon the uncertainty of Baimskaya is having a 10% or so adverse effect on the sp. My believe is that copper could well be $3.0 by Christmas and most of the Baimskaya uncertainty behind us giving Kaz a year end figure of 800p+. As usual the prediction is based on copper price and a JV. ATB Tucson
RE: A Stab At Future Earnings....10 Jun 2020 09:26
mrcautious. Assume Poppyseed is in the right ball park what would you see the share price as being? Roughly of course. Im not sure what you mean by share price greatness. Given the scenario outlined I could easily see an sp of circa 3p.
1) CV has been given as the reason for feasibility study being delayed by around 6 months. Seems reasonable. 2) Expenditure to remain at 150m with a significant amount of the expenditure having been made in the first quarter when equipment and materials were delivered to the site also seems about right. 3) Construction timetable remains at seven years so 2027 moving to 2028 due to CV delay., 4) Concentrator capacity increased by 20%, Life of mine extended beyond the original 25 years, additional site equipment and site facilities required to meet this increased copper output. Capital expenditure to enable this additional output to be made has of course to increase its hardly going to happen for free. Ten percent of the total budget now required AFTER production from the new mine starts. So the real reason for todays fall is probably the uncertainty of having to wait a further 6 months for the conclusion of the study and a joint venture announcement. Kaz has risen dramatically over the last few weeks and of course some missed the boat and others sold to soon but that’s life. Kaz at these prices in my view is a bargain hence me adding more to my holding today. I repeat just my view. If I wasn’t invested in Kaz would I take such an interest? Of course not. My belief is that if (when)copper moves to $3.0 then Kaz will be circa 800p and the news of a JV will move it significantly higher…..just my view DYOR. Today with copper at circa $2.55 Kaz should be around 510 so we are 10% adrift. As long term holders know that is nothing in the life of Kaz and will probably adjust back up over the coming days. ATB to those invested Have a great weekend everybody its 28C in Estepona and after 70 plus days of lockdown we are finally allowed to frequent the bars and restaurants but with tons of restrictions !!! I feel a Pizzeria coming on! Lol. Tucson.
Autonomy1, Comparing todays market cap with the next 8 years cap ex is slightly puzzling, to be frank I really don't get it. By the way anyone who purchased around 300p a few weeks ago would still achieve a capital gain of around 50% if they sold today. The delay due to CV has more than brought the sp back in line with copper. I reckon the sp should currently be circa 515p with copper at $2.55. so we are about 13% adrift. If we are oversold then there would appear to be an opportunity here for some brave sole. In reality the sp is holding quite well given the way the MM's treat his share. DYOR ATB Tucson
LadyKaz, If you are over 30 then you must have seen some amazing changes. How fascinating, it was my ambition visit Kazakhstan this year but sady that will be delayed. I have an Indian friend who has spent a lot of time there and he has created a detailed itinerary or us to follow for a 14 day period . Fascinating country I cant wait. I think todays news was to be expected. I think as investors we have been fortunate that the main operation seems to have been little affected by the dreadful virus and thankfully Kazakhstan and its people seem to have weathered the storm better than most. Mining is a long term business and Kaz are sensibly planning for the future. The Baimskaya project seems to be richer than originally identified so that's good news. Looks like all will be revealed in the next few months. ATB Tucson.