To be fair, they did pre-announce they were going to do this in last month's Offer Document. Also said they might try to arrange a consortium in the future to provide financing to Redx, so maybe that's why they want to maintain the listing, I don't know. We'll see.
The bid has now ended. Redmile owns >90% so has the legal right to compulory buy the remaining <10% at the offer price from the remaining shareholders. Almost always the buyer excercises that right, but for whatever reason this time Redmile won't, at least not now. I'm sure they have their reasons, and I can think of one or two, but I'm no insider.
So, REDX remains listed if the AIM lets them (if not, the listing will move to another platform), and nothing changes, except the shares just got a whole lot more illiquid.
Fred, well worded and I respect your emotions and of many of you here.
I do have a problem with a few users distorting reality over and over again, villifying anyone or anything that doesn't appear to be on their side and insulting people left and right. For that frankly I think emotions are a poor excuse.
countless schemes have been approved using the same voting procedure. there's endless precedent of doing things this way, even though the shortcomings are obvious to all. and now suddenly you want to start challenging? based on what? that you didn't like the outcome? and you expect a judge to now suddenly act? there's no ground for it.
the judge will sign off on this in five seconds.
i agree the headcount rule implementation needs to be rewritten, but the judge isn't the one to go to here.
either you made up a rumour or your mate did and you are very gullible.
an "American co" and the "government" wouldn't walk away from the deal, only because a CEO refuses to "cough up" his tiny interest. We're talking 100's of millions of investment here and CF owns what? besides, what kind of ******ed deal would that be in the first place? It's such an utterly weird rumour, if you start making things up, at least put some effort into it.
you have plenty of actual **** on fraser without having to resort to this.
wow. let me summarize this: a very select few of you blame your own bad decision making on capitalism and its financial markets in general. and then, even better, you name china as a better example? sure, china has definitely lifted many out of poverty (especially, ironically, because it has become more capitalist than communist these days), but its financial markets are a hell of a lot more crooked and corrupt than ours. half the companies on their stock markets are outright scams. No offence, but a few of you seem so hung up about wanting to be the victim, it's painful to read.
yeah. on the other hand, i also didn't mention the potential downside that the world might come to an end between now and the deal closing, i also didn't mention that. honestly, i believe both have about the same chance of happening.
why not? that's a 0,36% return for holding about a month, riskfree. if you're exempt from stamp tax, in times of ultralow interest rates, not that bad really. about 4% annualized. obviously not for me or you, but for a financial institution with too much cash lying around (like most of them) i get it.
RE: Hopefully someone raises legal action03 Mar 2020 21:33
coming from someone who has been screwed over many times myself in the stock market, it is important to take responsibility for your own decision making. i'm amazed with how some people are riling eachother up trying to find culprits outside of themselves for their losses: JP Morgan, the CEO, AA, the establishment in general. The only one responsible for your loss is you. If you aren't willing to back-track where you went wrong in this investment, you shouldn't be in the market. If you invest solely on dreams or promotional video's and not based on financial metrics and an actual risk assessment, you shouldn't be in the market. If you make a high risk investment, but then can't take the loss when it goes against you, you shouldn't be in the market. The market really isn't rigged against you but rigged in your favour (as in: stocks in general go up long term). if you keep running into these kinds of situation where you feel you're the one being screwed, you are the one doing something wrong.
i'm definitely not gloating or something. again, i've been screwed over myself many times (and was very close here: made a pretty poor risk/reward-call, stupid decision, should have stayed away), but you gotta wanna learn from it. if you're just always going to blame others, yes, then it's better to just put your money in savings and stay away.