Take away covid from Ncyt, Avacta, odx, hemo and most others you care to mention and you are left with dust. Take away covid from Ygen and you are still left with a £100 Mill company growing like japanese knotweed. The covid angle is welcome and opens up the infection disease testing arena for us. Some have made good money on the covid stocks, but there is a sh*t load of money invested in these, what were two bit companies. Some of the clever ones will walk away with good profits. Many will loose what are currently paper fortunes when it turns. You won't be able to get your money out before there back to being two bit companies again. Hopefully any ygen investors who are in these companies will be the smart ones.
Closed at 20p. Let's see if we can stay above that very psychological barrier. If it weren't for the seller we ave had over the past month then we would be north of here already and before the news we have just had. Lot of ground to make up, but pressure definately feels like it's building.
It's the main thing I'm waiting for Jadam. If our operating performance (ebitda) has improved in line with revenue then its all bets off. I suspect a broker update would follow. A positive narrative of trading at the start of this financial year and good updates on everything else that is going on will be the icing on the cake.
I am with you on that one Bakky. I still don't think a lot of current or potential investors understand the doirs that will open once we get the CE mark approval in a matter of days for Illumina platform based Iona test. It has the potential to generate millions in extra revenue alone and taken with the cross selling opportunities that will arise many millions more.
Yes maybe not forecasts. But details of the market that is opened up for us by getting this approval. Details of how we are going to crack these new markets and get a foothold. The problem there of course is as soon as we start eating into territories such as the US, which is the big boys cash cow, they won't like it and they will buy us out. Maybe that wouldn't be such a problem if the price is right.
I think we will get the CE approval in the next week Bakky. But I really hope the rns gives us some juicy forecasts, roll out plan, next steps etc. I.e tells the market exactly what getting this CE mark means for Ygen.
From yesterday's rns, it is clear we are in for a really news intensive couple of months and it should all be possible. Well have the covid work updates. CE mark approval anytime now. July financials to name a few. Market will slowly catch on here. Great story in the making.
Think we will get a broker rerate after the July financials. As the rns said, it is hard to forecast demand etc going forward at this point for the covid related stuff. The financials will legitimise our past years performance and should be rewarded with a rerate, pending good underlying figures. The company Outlook will maybe mean the rerate is better than it would otherwise of been.
Super stoked after today's RNS. Irrespective of SP, it was a corker. Meat on the bones now going forward. So many strings to our bow. Destination is what counts, not the journey. And after today's news, we will arrive at LR's stated destination of a 500mill mkt cap (and potentially much more) sooner than I thought.
Unfortunately Andy l, at this time of great progress, news and future prospects, weve had a seller/sellers. 8 million warrants and options last week. 20 odd million locked in shares from elucigene acquisition that became unlocked last month. 625k sell from BGF today. Won't continue forever. When it stops rockets away, hopefully.
Bakky, this will be a value add to all the labs and clinics and other partnerships we currently have. We will have sounded them out. Prenatal testing. Would you like a covid test to go with that. Or more likely, we have to conduct a covid test before we can continue madam. That will be an extra £100 please. We already have the network.
It is another reinforcement of where we are at though. Each rns just confirms the trajectory we are on. Confirmation of expected trading. No nasty surprises. CE mark inbound. The seller is just giving us all more opportunity to buy at these levels.