Not the result we wanted and its either sell up or a waiting game now. See what comes of the condensate and HRZ testing. There are already condensate operations on the North Slope. Exxon had invested billions into its Point Thompson condensate operations. The Point Thomson reservoir holds an estimated 8 trillion cubic feet of natural gas and 200 million barrels of natural gas condensate, a high-quality hydrocarbon similar to kerosene or diesel. Point Thomson gas represents about 25 percent of known gas resources on the North Slope. Bottom drawer for now.
So what does a successful update on Monday or Tuesday look like. We are looking at 7 plays in 3 zones, 4 of which we already know are oil bearing. At this point what is the minimum result from wireline logging that you would be happy with.
RE: Big Order going through so obvious!03 Apr 2020 15:52
To put a big order through they have to entice sellers. Usually by scaring them into selling or making it attractive. Not sure what their game has been over last couple of days. They've done neither. It's just stagnant.
Nothing holding this up for the next couple of weeks. News on Scally Drilling programme was going to do that but CV has put paid to that. Too many opportunities for a quick buck in this market which will tempt less sticky holders away for a while. But as sure as eggs is eggs they will all be back and more before end of month. What happens between now and then don't matter.
I agree. If you've got a spare grand you might want a tickle over the weekend for a possible 50% return on Monday. Maybe Tuesday. Yesterday afternoon saw a nice pull back. Same here today and will finish blue.
Can somebody confirm or otherwise, that in the normal course of a drill using logging while drilling, that the data would have to provide enough confidence for them to press ahead with wireline logging. Would they have stopped at this point if the results were poor, or would they have pressed on with wireline logging anyway.
I suppose se it is entirely possible that while the drilling is progressing unabated (indeed, it appears the AUS government is keen that the natural resource sector keeps going at all costs as its such a big part of the AUS economy) the paperwork side of things could be delayed by a day, week who knows. Office staff sent home, people in isolation, etc, etc. May just lengthen the dotting the i's and crossing the t's exercise.
I know it's not a corona virus board. But if your slightly interested and possibly skeptical then read the article especially the daily updates at the bottom. Fascinating stuff and certainly food for thought. I think in 10 years when they have been able to analyse everything about this episode a lot of governments may regret the course of action they took. https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
Hey. Good week all round for GGP. If your still here at 4:30pm a bit of news on Monday would be nice.
After the SXX debacle I have a rule never to impart my share tips on unsuspecting poor souls ever again. However I have broken that rule this week and as a result we have 3 more holders are now holding GGP. I just couldn't keep it to myself any longer and am pretty sure I won't get bitten like I did with SXX. Magazine articles are good for PR, twitter and the like. But the power of word of mouth is not to underestimated.
RE: Newcrest to enter Stage 3 by end of month27 Mar 2020 07:19
Yes, a nice Monday morning RNS would be nice. I would also expect a news release from Newcrest as it would be a significant addition to their business. Maybe a bit of meat on the bones info justifying their advancement to Stage 3.
At the point when we move to Stage 3 (next couple of days hopefully) and Newcrest officially own 40% of HAV, do we think that will be a greenlight for any institutional buying into GGP. Does anyone think it will have a material impact on NC share price, as they will in effect just have acquired billions of dollars of gold in the ground for peanuts.