Peter, thanks for taking your time to go through my positing history, theres not many posters who do so but I can think of a couple of former posters who used to enjoy that. You're right in that i once posted that 5-6p was my target, but as most investors do I continually assess my targets depending on whats going on with them. I saw momentum and excitement building here, and knew it would bypass my initial target. You'll also note from my history that I subsequently stated my target to be between 8.5p - 10p which it most likely would have reached had it not been suspended. Should I have sold at the 5-6p level, at this moment I feel should have but I won't know for sure until we hear anything further from the bod and see what happens to the shares then. In case you're wondering at the moment I dont have a price target because no-one has a clue whats going on.
Ahh Lenoman, back to insults, it’s not like you.. there’s been quite few posts about the Company mining itself / JV’s / dilution of holdings to raise funds. What’s your considered opinion on these. Is this just the comment of shorters and you’re still just waiting for the takeover at 60p+ happening? Do you have zero concerns over the silence during this period of suspensions or the length of time to clarify a relationship
Exactly, they could have released an RNS stating that the flanks approval had been received. It would have eased a lot of pi concerns, and demonstrated that the bod were thinking about then shareholders. If its not been approved yet, then fair enough. Even an RNS stating that Covid-19 is causing delays in clarifying the relationship with Citic would have been something, many companies are putting out a rns advising how its affecting them. The bod are extremely quiet at this time, which doesn't sit right with me bearing in mind how vocal they were in Oct/Nov during the warrants exercise and increase in share price up to suspension.
Reading some of the snippets posted yesterday I dont think the much anticipated takeover is coming, I think we're potentially going to mine ourselves or more likely, in my eyes anyway, be subject to some form of JV agreement. There is obviously potential for us to sell one of our assets, and perhaps receive a special dividend but I personally dont see it happening. IF im correct, this provides potential for much better gains here over a much longer timeframe, but at the end of the day we're all guessing here and no-one knows anything certain yet.
RE: Havieron - multi billion $ asset01 Apr 2020 10:42
Im not too disheartened, my whole portfolio is showing red today apart from GDR, its just one of those days (again). The news is good, and keeps us on a very positive track going forward. Value will be achieved at some point, we just need to be patient a bit longer. I still believe that 2020 is going to be our year
Agreed Paddy, it was a formality but in these uncertain times it was good to see it in writing. Another positive step forward for us Greatlanders in our journey. Tomorrow should be interesting but April 30th even more so!
If anyone is interested in looking elsewhere at the moment have a nose at SLN. A major shareholder has just increased his holding to 28+% and a major pharmaceutical co has taken a position there too. SLN has weathered the recent storm very well and is well placed for future gains. Im a holder, have been for quite a while and have mentioned this stock previously on other boards over the last 6-8 months. I personally see a takeover coming at some point.
Also GDR which im invested in. The three main ones are NCYT, GDR and SNG, i jumped from NCYT last week to GDR as I just felt that NCYT had reached a plateau for the moment after huge jumps. The move for me has worked well so far but ultimately who knows which is the better option, it only takes a bit of bad news and they will drop massively. Good luck with whichever one(s) you go for
It done the same on the last working day of last month also, i queried it with my L2 provider at the time but they said they didn't know but it was probably just an admin thing of LSE (not helpful in the slightest)
Im not sure about your comment re oil stocks, i've been increasing quite heavily in two I currently hold for the longer term I think they will come back eventually and I think with a big bang. Happy to sit and wait for them to bounce. For those interested take a look at RRE and the higher risk JOG. GGP is my second largest holding, 5m free carry and 1m bought at below todays sp so im very happy here and looking forward to this year which i think will define GGP and see us all considerably wealthier as a result