Personally I think CB dug himself into a hole by saying one thing and doing another. I'm disappointed that no JV has yet been announced. The first drills are less spectacular than he was leading us to believe. Saying fully funded until 2023, then the placing. Until proven otherwise by delivering on what he says, then unfortunately ECR in on AMBER in my traffic light system. So for me I'm holding for now, hopeful the companies actions improve.
The United Kingdom government announced plans on Tuesday to set into law the motion to cut emissions by 78% by 2035 compared to levels from 1990. This is an increase of their initial target of 68% by 2035, as the country works towards net zero emission by 2050. According to the announcement, the sixth Carbon Budget plans to limit the volume of greenhouse gasses emitted over a 5-year period from 2033 to 2037 and will pursue efforts to limit global warming to 1.5°C below the target of 2°C set by the Paris Agreement. The budget will also include the country's share of international aviation and shipping emissions. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson stated: "We want to continue to raise the bar on tackling climate change, and that’s why we’re setting the most ambitious target to cut emissions in the world. The UK will be home to pioneering businesses, new technologies, and green innovation as we make progress to net-zero emissions, laying the foundations for decades of economic growth in a way that creates thousands of jobs." https://www.teletrader.com/uk-announces-plans-to-reduce-emissions-by-78-till-2035/news/details/55235748
From Interactive Investor research analysis20 Apr 2021 10:55
NOTE: This extract does not seem to take into account anything to do with nasdaq.
What happens next?
But sometimes, if sufficient people believe a story, there can be a mass of buying pressure in the following session which in itself provokes a bounce. In the case of Argo, any bounce needs to exceed 180p before we can take it seriously. Instead, we suspect some pain awaits for holders in the immediate future.
With traffic below 132p, we calculate the potential for reversal to an initial 120p. If broken, our secondary works out at 92p and hopefully a proper bounce. We can provide an ultimate drop level of 63p, this being the point we can no longer compute below.
The visuals with 63p, given the level of previous lows, indicate the potential for a proper bounce. We're obviously far from happy discussing a scenario where the share price risks more than halving, but the share has become dangerous. For the cautious, it is perhaps worth keeping a weather eye on it, just in case 63p makes a guest appearance in the weeks ahead.
We mentioned previously that any bounce currently needs to exceed 180p to be taken seriously.
This will bring the share price back above the red line on the chart, regaining the immediate uptrend. As a result, we can calculate an initial target of 222p with secondary, if exceeded, a more attractive-sounding 259p. Once again, if the price ‘goes nuts’, we shall give a third target level, and this time it's at 337p.
I think the quantum part is a bit of a red herring. The idea is to make their own mining machines, supposedly faster or more efficient than current machines. And using custom software to run them utilising artificial intelligence. Speculative investment, but if they do what they are saying they will do it will go well.
You should care Javier. The nasdaq listing is the future strength of ARB and the sp. I very much hope the nasdaq application is in process, as flirting with the idea of it, and nudge nudge wink wink alluding to it in interviews needs to be clarified with solid news. Many have invested with the view to the listing and will have been very misled if it doesn't turn out to be the case.
So today Bitfarms have announced an update to their nasdaq application first announced on Feb 4th 21.
On February 4, 2021, we announced our intention to pursue an additional stock exchange listing for the Company in the United States. The Company has been continuing to actively move forward with a Nasdaq listing process. Having filed our 2020 Annual Information Form, we are now finalizing for submission our SEC Form 40-F, an important milestone towards our U.S. listing on the Nasdaq. https://bitfarms.com/app/uploads/2021/04/2021-04-16__PR-FINAL.pdf
I'm now intrigued as to why PW says he cannot talk about nasdaq whereas bitfarms can. Is this because as yet the application has not been made, therefore an announcement of intention cannot be talked about? If that is the case then I will assume once the application is made then he will be able to talk about it. Or is it just a case that he will only be able to talk about it after the application has decided? A nasdaq application is price sensitive information imo so I believe would need to be RNS'd to the market.
I think ARB needs the nasdaq listing to rerate the stock to be in line with mara and riot. I previously calculated that would put us at £8.40 per share if BTC is at $50k (it is an outdated calculation now)
PW share holding has increased. He had 500k shares and now has over 1m. He will have sold some to finance the option on the 1m. Don't assume he has the spare cash to buy options without having to sell some already held stock to do so. He now has more than he did.
I believe that if it can be demonstrated that the monies raised will be used to improve the position and value of the company, rather than just be used to pay directors and keep the lights on, then a raise is seen as a positive by the market. This equals sp rise.