Wbafc. Not sure if you have ever run a company, especialy one involved in rapid growth. Moving from a small to mid cap often requires different skills and experience. Many Co founders and small cap CEO's cannot and/or do not want to manage a larger entity. Its quite normal to change a CEO when growth, organic or acquired, is part of the future strategy. Its not normal to change a CEO prior to being acquired. This bb is full of wanabe CEO's sprouting ill conceived knowledge.
Captain. The tesler tweet was required as many of the punters here (and i can name them)?incorrectly supported the idea that the contract had commenced. It clearly had not and therefore Colin had a duty to advise the speculators.
Okehurst1. Well said. The bb is full of punters, not investors. Many have no idea of investing nor running a company. Colin has done a fair job given the circumstances. Many companies have issues with the DHSC and MHRA. Hopefull, with Han and Beth now moved on, we will see some positive action. Too much speculation here by people who have not got a clue.
Harchris. Not sure I agree that ii's are willing to invest with the overshadow of the DHSC dispute. I have friends waiting to invest once they see an outcome. Its not about worst senario etc, that is already built into the current SP. Rather, its about risk. Have we been told the full story, is their more negative news to follow? The PR has also been dreadful and I am not one to critise the bod's too much. Personally I dont think so thus I have continued to buy at these prices, however my ii friends can't take the risk. My investment is my money. Ii's are investing on behalf of others and have a chain of command to report too. Also, with the SP at current low levels, why do they need the risk? Ii's will be happy to buy in north of c£5, once the dispute is resolved.
Valju...DHSC dispute. No one is going to t/o NCYT until the dispute is resolved. I wish our pi's would understand this issue and its effect on the SP. News on the siliva lft and highbred antibody test is due very soon. Sit tight. No easy for the short term punters....
An interesting read re current lft's available and their performance.
I believe the reason for the delay re lft's is part due to the Gov't changing the system for authorisation (from the Porton Down facility) to self administered authorisation via the new protocol. In addition, the sheer volume of lft manufacturers and suppliers seeking authorisation is extremely high. This has effected several lft players, i.e ODX etc
Porks. I have voted for all ...lets let the Bod's get on with running the Co. Apart from the SP they have done a super job. The SP, as we know, will correct itself! Always does. Too many wanabe CEO's on this site. I like you am still buying. We will see a surge in buying here if ODX rise this week as profit takers will seek a slam dunk home for their money, me included. For those of us who have been CEO's of public Co's our main focus was profit and building a sustainable business. NCYT are doing this. The SP is often out of the CEO's control. If you build a great business the SP follows.
Err.....Bluelight. I thought it was changing drastically, or am i missing something. GM is being replaced (which is a drastic change is it not?), Co is expanding stateside, new product development etc etc. Ncyt is in its development stage. It's not a share for the punters really, rather its a share to interest investors with a medium term investment time frame.
The DHSC is holding much of the SP progress back and we just have to wait for a resolution, which in my humble opinion, is due very shortly.
Again RBM well said. Agree. I think Valju is being somewhat naive here. While there are opinions by some and the BOD's, including legal advice, it is only opinions and as we know, outcomes can differ.
Anyone who has run a public company, encountered disputes with major customers and understands how II's invest will further understand what impact the dispute has on a SP. Look at this weeks news re Cairn Energy to support a view. They are a much bigger fish and not an Aim Co either. II's dislike risk and especially disputes with larger organisations and in particular, our government. Negotiations can be lengthy and complex. Having said that, I believe a resolution is close! IMO...
RBM. Could not have said it better myself. The dispute is the main factor, tho I agree that repeating this point is unhelpful. Any savvy investor will realise that until this is resolved, the SP will be held back as II's sit on the sidelines. Unless of course we receive substantial orders that render the disputed values insignificant! (In relative terms).
Porky. I still think that the DHSC dispute would and is putting off potential bids for NCYT. Just as the dispute is putting off buyers of the shares. Its not just the upside or downside dispute numbers. It's the unknown and as no one here is party to the detail of the dispute, the risks in my opinion, is still to high. In addition, the market wants news on orders stateside and NCYTs plans to diversify away from a focus on Covid testing. I appreciate they have a portfolio of 'other'?tests, however I'm guessing it's not enough to for the II's to press 'buy'.
They have indeed mentioned the Ulster Trial previously and they did not need to dwell on their significance as such a trial with a positive outcome is an essential requirement for home use.
Porks. Didn't really suggest we were un-noticed by II's. What I suggested was that there is a lot of 'low hanging' fruit globally as SP's start to recover from the pandemic, which I believe is near its halfway mark. There are lots of recovery stocks raising their heads , which adds competition.
Further, I have a number of coleagues within th II world. While they are aware of NCYT they are not yet buying. Why? Main reason is DHSC dispute. While the numbers are factored in, they dont want the added risk. They are happy to buy in later. If you don't agree, then why do you think they are they not buying in NOW?
If I did not have a substantial holding already, I would be waiting for more news too. I'm happy to hold tho.
Naewise. The lack of interest from II's is perhaps due in the main due to the DHSC dispute, though NCYT being listed on Aim, the lack of news on non covid diversification, stateside lunch and orders, change of CEO, pending news on the lft lunch and an extremely crowded diagnostic sector all helps to disuade. Also, we need to remember that there is a lot of other 'activity' within many other sectors across the globe, all taking up our time. Its about focus and resource allocation. I think we will find II's will be quick to look at NCYT once there is a resolution to the DHSC dispute. The upside here is potentially massive and thus II's will be happy to join in after the initial surge towards perhaps £7. DYOR
21ATS. Can you please explain how you assume or suggest that there is a cash flow problem. Thats about the one thing there is obviously not. If you read the accounts thoroughly and comprehend the numbers surrounding the dispute with the DHSC, you will come to a different conclusion. Of course the dispute effects the SP, however, there is NO cash flow issue. (apart from perhaps delaying any possible acquisition)
If folk care to remember, the DHSC recently sent auditors into ABDX. This is perhaps more relevent to the dispute and the issue may be found in any agreed margin perhaps. If it were a product issue, I can't see the connection with auditors.
I don't post often but can I suggest that no one is going to bid for the company until the dispute with the DHSC is resolved. Period! Some posters have made comments that the low SP will allow for a cheap TO. There is far too much risk in the dispute and a purchaser would probably wait for the product range expansion and stateside progress/news. I guess those here who have been involved directly with TO's, may agree.
Errrrrr Bluelight. There is no chance whatsoever of a takeover bid for NCYT whist the DHSC dispute is unresolved. More chance of a turkey voting for Christmas! Further, buying back our own shares whilst this dispute is unsettled is also impractical, while even following a positive dispute outcome, it is not perhaps a sensible use of company money at this stage of NCYT's development. NCYT will need to diversify into non covid related areas of diagnostics in order to create future value and work toward mid cap status. The dispute resolution is the 'holy grail'. Period!